Dive Roll Limbo
By: Henry Collie – 2009
Last issue I wrote about a game that would help with your quadruple movement among other things. This month however I am going to tell you about a game which will help with dive rolls and accuracy (In sight and in movement). This game is a variation on the old school game limbo.
Warning: Do not attempt the following until you can already preform the standard shoulder roll.
The Game: Dive Roll Limbo
- Get a hula hoop or stick (Or something similar)
- Designate an approximate starting height for the hula hoop and mark a space on the ground from which the player can jump.
- Begin by diving from the space on the ground and through the hoop onto the ground and rolling.
- Do this until everyone has tried and then lower the height.
- Continue in this way until everyone has tried and failed.
There are lots of different variations on this for instance:
- Move the hula hoop further away
- Dive over the stick
- Try to dive in different ways e.g. twist your body on the way through the hoop.
- Make the hoop or stick higher.