APK Instructor Certification Program
The American Parkour Instructor Certification Program is a comprehensive 3-day training program based on the longest-running parkour curriculum in the US: the APK Academy. The program is administered by Travis Graves, lead trainer and Program Director at APK Academy, and Chad Zwadlo, Owner and head coach of Fight or Flight Academy , two of the most experienced coaches in the country. The program promotes the healthy growth of parkour by providing useful and relevant information about the discipline, training practices, histories and philosophies for those who coach others to help them attain their potential through movement.
NEW DATES WILL BE POSTED SOON!
Register by January 1st for only $550. After January 1st, the price will rise to $600. This Certification is being held at APK Academy HQ in Washington DC.
Don’t see a date or location that work for you? Is the class already filled? We can notify you when more classes become available if you pass along your contact information here.
Benefits of holding the APK Certified Instructor certificate:
- Official recognition of the American Parkour teaching curriculum for parkour instructors looking to teach in an official capacity such as gyms, college clubs and other scenarios that require certification. This also includes personal trainers and other fitness professionals looking to add something unique and fun to their arsenal.
- Learn the fundamentals of parkour movement and how to efficiently and safely teach others.
- Understand the kinesthetics of parkour and how to properly apply parkour techniques to multiple levels of athleticism and ability.
- Learn how to design and instruct parkour classes for a wide variety of situations.
- Your name and information on APK’s list of Certified Trainers.
- Fuel your fire in parkour with new training knowledge, drills, and mindset to take back to your local parkour community.
- A direct line of communication with APK Academy HQ, including a certified instructor’s forum, training resources for on-going classes and drills, and assistance in training matters such as building attendance and gym management.
- Familiarity with basic parkour techniques equivalent to one year of consistent, dedicated training. Video demonstration of skills will be considered as substitute for training time at the discretion of certification administrators.
- Some coaching experience in a movement discipline, parkour or otherwise, is recommended.
What to expect:
- Hands-on learning that includes lots of movement to demonstrate proper form and corrections, and co-instructing classes held at APK Academy DC.
- “Classroom” learning including basics of anatomy and biomechanics relating to training, principles of exercise science and programming, how to spot and treat injuries and physical inefficiencies, parkour history and philosophies, and much more.
- A physical movement and written exam to test candidates in their understanding and mastery of the material. Attendance of the program does not guarantee certification, but all aspects of the exam may be made up at no charge if the initial exam is failed.
- Cost is $600 ($550 if you register Early Bird) and only 10 General spots per session are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There is 1 reserved spot available for those leading college or university parkour/ freerunning clubs. Contact Travis for details at email@example.com
- Certification is held at the APK Academy DC in Washington DC, or APK Affiliated Gyms
- It consists of three days of training from 10am–8pm
For questions and enrollment email firstname.lastname@example.org
Not even taking into account the training, drills, and how much genuine fun I had.
The facts, science they taught us about biomechanics, injury prevention, and helping progress beginners alone; was absolutely well worth it to me personally.
Thank you APK. .” Christopher Shinobi Poli, owner of Shinobi School
Looking for an APK Certified Instructor? Find them here.