Author Topic: Toes  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Zack Newkumet

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Toes
« on: April 30, 2008, 08:13:27 PM »
Ok, so here's my "injury." On both feet, my big toes, the joints hurt most of the time I do cat leaps, and sometimes landings and take offs. Basically any time I take impact on my toes. So, especially cat leaps. I think it's probably just my shoes, and it's very irregular. I think it's because these shoes (pumas) have no support, so my toes and toe joints take all the impact of long cats. It was so bad at one point that I couldn't walk on my right foot, but sitting here now putting weight on them they are fine. My shoes are going to crap out in about a month (cheap $80 crap shoes), so I think the best thing to do is to get some shoes with firmer and more supporting soles, and I think that will solve it. My question is, is there any thing I can do to my shoes or those joints to brace them a little bit? Maybe wrap with tape? It's not pressing, just kind of uncomfortable.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."
-Brendan Gill

"Try as hard as we may for perfection, the net result of our labors is an amazing variety of imperfectness. We are surprised at our own versatility in being able to fail in so many different ways."

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
  • "Parkour is a discipline, not a game" -TK-17
    • View Profile
Re: Toes
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 08:46:07 PM »
I am no expert, but wrapping them could help. And I suggest Ariakes ;). Lol. I am getting a pair here within the next week or so. I can't wait. But I hope you figure out something, because this sounds uber painful. Let me know if you figure out a way to negate this. Good advice, is always nice.
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. " -Michael Jackson

"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing." -Salvador Dali

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Vital Balance Chiropractic, LLC
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:07:28 PM »
turf toe.  hyperextension of the great toe injury.  You can tape it by putting one long piece of sports tape along the length of the toe, down the medial arch.  Then tape around the foot once, and the toe once.  That will help add resistance to hyperextension, and let your toe heal.
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:01:45 PM »
What he said =) ^
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. " -Michael Jackson

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

Offline NickMc

• Patas
  • ydoaPs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 02:18:34 PM »
Don't take the impact on your toes. Try landing on the balls of your feet.
David Belle is what Willis was talking about

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 08:28:37 PM »
Definitely, that took a while.

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613