Author Topic: Hurt toe  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
Hurt toe
« on: April 25, 2008, 06:16:30 PM »
So I lazy over a rail with a maybe 2 foot drop and slap out, feel the initial pain. Now it only hurts when I try to bend it, but it hurts a lot. It is the toe to the left of the pinky on the right foot.

Course of action?
“You do freerunning or parkour, I don’t know, but both are the same. Some people are worried about it, but they are people that don’t train for too long, people that…in terms of training, aren’t mature yet. […] One day I’d like to wake up, open my window, and everyones doing parkour." -Ali Shelton

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
Re: Hurt toe
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 08:36:31 AM »
If it still hurts a lot with any movement at all it may be a break in which case you should probably get it checked out (preferably sooner than later).

Ice. After swelling goes down, get your flexibility back.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline David Glass

• Hirundo Rustica
  • CptBongue
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:01:01 AM »
I had something similar happen to me with my big toe. It was a fracture and I never had it looked at. Now I have a huge calcification on the joint that looks like a ball on my toe. I can't bend my toe and have to take this into consideration when buying some shoes.

That being said, the injury was really painful and I was a dufus for not getting it looked at. Now if I ever wanted to bend my toe again, they would have to scrape the calcification off in surgery.

Don't want to scare you. Just monitor it extremely carefully and if it is really painful, like Steve said, get it checked ASAP
Life can be divided in two phases: Before the first time, and After the first time
Traning Journal: http://www.performancemenu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5147

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:22:16 AM »
Thanks, seems like I'll be getting it checked out soon enough.

If it were a break would it be sensitive to touch? Or just movement? Atm just movement aggravates it, but we'll see. I taped it to another toe, so I guess I'll just check on it daily for progress =/.
“You do freerunning or parkour, I don’t know, but both are the same. Some people are worried about it, but they are people that don’t train for too long, people that…in terms of training, aren’t mature yet. […] One day I’d like to wake up, open my window, and everyones doing parkour." -Ali Shelton