Author Topic: What's up Alaska?!  (Read 7660 times)

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
  • "Parkour is a discipline, not a game" -TK-17
    • View Profile
What's up Alaska?!
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:06:18 PM »
How are things up north? I live in Indiana and I am just trying to get all around the states and get to know my community. Getting to know means getting to learn. And I love to learn. I know you all could teach me a thing or two, just like anyone else. But I would like to hear how you train in snow. I am sure you are around snow often, maybe I am wrong, but who says it is wrong to assume? Lol. Well just thought I would stop by and say hello. You can come visit me and my local community in Indiana, we would love to hear from you. Keep up the good work guys. ;D
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. " -Michael Jackson

"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing." -Salvador Dali

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

Offline Harrison at AlaskaParkour.com

• Mangabey
  • Squirrel's are a Traceurs best friend.
    • View Profile
    • Alaska Parkour
Re: What's up Alaska?!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 02:31:37 PM »
Hey what's up Rainer? Were starting to sprout up here and get out now that the snow is gone. I typically don't train in snow other than just random vaults and palm spins. During the winter I usually work on upper body and lower body conditioning. I work on pull ups, curls, dips and a variety of ab exercises. Anyway's I use to live down in Kentucky but wasn't into Parkour then..I'd love to Jam with you guys if I could some time tho! And would be glad to have you guys up here. Just keep in mind that there aren't that many places up here....on that note lol I don't think you'd enjoy yourself as far as parkour goes lol

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:23:19 AM »
Yeah I have talked to a few of your guys. I would love to come up and just see. And I would enjoy it if you all made it to Indiana. That would be really tight. Thanks for posting and being cool about this. So your winters are typically conditioning. I want to find a gymnastics center for training. But conditioning would be a great idea. =-)
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. " -Michael Jackson

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Alaska Parkour
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 11:53:45 AM »
Yeah dude, that'd be awesome to make it down there. I'm not real sure when I could but it'd be sweet to do it.  Oh and about the Condition based winter, at least my winters are like that, not sure about the other Traceurs up here though. Anyways it's cool to see you posting up here and getting to know the other Traceurs. ;) There is a gymnastics place up here that has open gyms once a month that I try to make it to, and those help quite a bit.

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »
Yeah. I need to find one. It would be really tight. I work on my abs but I can't seem to get my body set to get toned. Any help?

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Alaska Parkour
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 01:10:30 PM »
All I can say is to Condition as much as you can. That's what I do and it seems to be working. ;)

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 03:11:07 PM »
Any certain workouts you know I could do to work that lower area specifically?

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Alaska Parkour
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 03:19:53 PM »
Here's my ab routine:

45 sit-up's, leg raises and side V's (if you're not sure what those are they are basically side sit up's)
Then again but set's of 40
Then again but set's of 35

This workout works the front lower, front upper and then both sides. So full ab workout. It's awesome!

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 03:09:38 AM »
How exactly do you do your leg raises? And I knew what the V's were =P I have nice side abs =D HAHA and thanks for all the advice.

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

Offline BuckyBall

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Perpetuating Polar Parkour Possibilities
    • View Profile
    • AK Parkour
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 01:12:16 PM »
How are things up north? I live in Indiana and I am just trying to get all around the states and get to know my community. Getting to know means getting to learn. And I love to learn. I know you all could teach me a thing or two, just like anyone else. But I would like to hear how you train in snow. I am sure you are around snow often, maybe I am wrong, but who says it is wrong to assume? Lol. Well just thought I would stop by and say hello. You can come visit me and my local community in Indiana, we would love to hear from you. Keep up the good work guys. ;D

Hey Rainer.
I thought I'd add my two cents because I DO train in the snow. First, running in the snow is fantastic. You never get hot, it's easy on your joints and because its loose, it gets you in shape like running in sand. I also practice rolls through snow (usually shallow snow, try to roll in deep snow and you'll just end up sprawled out on your back). If you're a freerunner, practicing flips and spins into snow is a fantastic way to learn in a low risk setting. Another thing about snow is that it doesn't really stick to walls (no duh), so cat grabs are always game. Other than that, I just find places that are outside but covered. Its cold, but I can still train on concrete and cement. Plus, training in snow makes me that much more confident in good weather conditions. Hope that helps!

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Alaska Parkour
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 04:04:04 PM »

Hey Rainer.
I thought I'd add my two cents because I DO train in the snow. First, running in the snow is fantastic. You never get hot, it's easy on your joints and because its loose, it gets you in shape like running in sand. I also practice rolls through snow (usually shallow snow, try to roll in deep snow and you'll just end up sprawled out on your back). If you're a freerunner, practicing flips and spins into snow is a fantastic way to learn in a low risk setting. Another thing about snow is that it doesn't really stick to walls (no duh), so cat grabs are always game. Other than that, I just find places that are outside but covered. Its cold, but I can still train on concrete and cement. Plus, training in snow makes me that much more confident in good weather conditions. Hope that helps!

Have to agree with ya there Bucky. Oh and I learned today that Buckyball is one of the strongest materials on earth. ;D

Offline (t)Rainer

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 01:37:26 PM »
Well, thank you for the advice, but the girl is waiting for me so I have to rush off. It is definitely good to hear from somebody else in Alaska. And I knew that already =O lol. =D Love ya guys! Later.

...wanna run?
 Text me! or call.
765-977-7613

Offline Donovan R McCoy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »
Here's my ab routine:

45 sit-up's, leg raises and side V's (if you're not sure what those are they are basically side sit up's)
Then again but set's of 40
Then again but set's of 35

This workout works the front lower, front upper and then both sides. So full ab workout. It's awesome!

Hey I know this is a really old post but I figured I'd still reply to it. I usually try to do crunches instead of sit-ups because sit-ups rubber band your lower back muscles... instead I usually do crunches but to match the intensity I do more of them. But anyway it's actually not that bad out here there's a park in town that is a great training spot.... though sometimes it's kind of weird with all the kids you know?