Author Topic: Chicago Colossal Jam - June 28th - UIC - 10 am  (Read 16747 times)

Offline Ando

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • CHICAGO PARKOUR AERO
Re: Chicago Colossal Jam - June 28th - UIC - 10 am
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2008, 01:13:51 PM »
Its always been a central hub for parkour. alright final details are all posted, we are ready to rock

Offline P@TR!CK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »
I'm psyched for this man, my first parkour session, cant wait to see you guys bust it out, maybe i'll be able to pick up a thing or two. peace.

Offline ruckus83

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2008, 01:08:05 PM »
Ando,

Hey how's it going!

My name is Chris Ballard, I'm with a company called "Ruckus Underground" that does a lot of Extreme Sports event coverage and Underground Lifestyle promotions. We are planning on coming down to the city tomorrow to watch you guys and we're real psyched!

I, myself, have never seen Parkour done in person, just videos and T.V. (and the movie District B-13....awesome!) We are trying to learn more about the sport and what takes place at Jams so that we can help promote the sport/art via our web site and event coverage! We would love to help out in any way that we can! Whether that means setting our truck up at various 'check-points' for the athletes to provide a source of water, refreshments, etc.... or anything else you can think of.

We are planning on being at the corner of Halsted & Harrison in the morning around 9:00 - 9:30 a.m., we plan to follow the event as best we can, gathering some footage, talking to athletes and helping where needed, and learning as much as we can about the sport/art! If you can contact me before tomorrow morning that would be great, and we could be better prepared to help in whatever way we can!

Hope to hear from you soon!

-Chris ,  847.721.5302

P.S. To anyone else who reads this post and knows of someone who will be present and/or organizing things tomorrow, shoot me a note or a call. Goodluck everyone!

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2008, 08:51:43 PM »
<Cries>

I am soooo bummed I missed this! We were just getting back from our road trip out to CO for a family reunion, and after all that driving I was so wrecked I didn't have it in me to make a side trip to Chicago. I miss you all! I'm there in spirit, even though my body is here in Madison, wiped out.

Can't wait to hear all about it.
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2008, 08:56:35 AM »
I love you all.  Another great time in Chicago.  I dodged three thunderstorms on the way back last night... This is a very good thing considering my windshield wipers still don't work.  There were ten people from Indiana there and two or three others from Indiana for support or documentary.  This is by far the largest turn out to any national jam from Indiana.  The largest state jam would be 13 people but only 10 of which were there at one time. 

It may have been similar to the rout last year but it was a largely different jam.  I will try and do a write up of the two days I was there in the next couple of days.... Don't really have much else planed I need a day or two of recovery as it is.  ;D
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

vrai

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2008, 12:52:23 PM »
EEY Dale!
It is I, the one and only, Vrai. Or the kid in the blue shirt from northwest indiana, whatever your prefer.

I had a very good time in Chicago yesterday (even though we had to leave 2 and a half hours early.) But still, I learned alot.
I'm excited (more) now about going to the Wisconsin jam.
I have about 30 minutes of footie from this jam so I'll be making a video soon!

outie
-Vrai-  8)