Author Topic: paleolithic diet  (Read 53515 times)

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
Re: paleolithic diet
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2011, 11:08:37 PM »
Gumby...Considering that one of the tenets of the diet is avoiding grains, such as barley, plus highly processed foods/drinks, then really beer is one of the things that you would have to cut out altogether.  I mean, you're essentially talking about liquid bread, and on a diet that cuts out breads, it's an impossibility to ask, "How would beer affect this diet?"  By drinking beer, you'd be 'not dieting' at all.   ;)
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline mickeynotmouse

• Patas
  • "Practice makes perfect"
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2011, 11:25:56 PM »
So confused and tired?

But it's not for sure.

I'm guessing I can take my chances if it's easier?

And also, are these effects temporary?

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2011, 11:31:09 PM »
Glycoalkaloids may cause headaches, diarrhea, cramps, and in severe cases coma and death;

Uhhh...death may be temporary, but it's one of the forum rules that we don't discuss these things. ;)
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline Chantelle

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2011, 11:52:40 PM »
Gumby...Considering that one of the tenets of the diet is avoiding grains, such as barley, plus highly processed foods/drinks, then really beer is one of the things that you would have to cut out altogether.  I mean, you're essentially talking about liquid bread, and on a diet that cuts out breads, it's an impossibility to ask, "How would beer affect this diet?"  By drinking beer, you'd be 'not dieting' at all.   ;)

Ok, thanks man.  I would do this diet for the fact that it stabilizes sugars and what not, not to lose weight.  I was wondering how beer would affect mood, sugar levels, etc.  I'll just have to cheat then. ;)

Offline Nick Fernandez

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2012, 01:22:53 PM »
Is there any drawback from buying frozen berries as opposed to fresh ones?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbx-yzFgBo

"If you're afraid to fall, you'll fall because you're afraid." -Daniel Ilabaca

Offline Tori

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2012, 08:19:04 AM »

But there are a lot of problems with that first one being money. Not everyone can afford to buy vegetables, fruit, nuts and lean meat all the time.

I'd just like to interject and say that I'm a starving college student, and I've found ways to stick to the Paleo diet. The trick is to buy more veggies, especially when they are in season, and find local grocery stores that occasionally sell bulk meat at a low price. For example, my boyfriend and I recently bought a 8-lb hunk of pork for $12, and that was enough for almost 2 weeks. I generally spend about $100 per month max for groceries, hardly ever eat out (most places don't have a whole lot of paleo anyway), and make meals in advance so I'm not tempted to go for something more expensive.

My boyfriend also taught me a little trick: spend one day per week pre-cutting veggies/fruit/meat to make it a little easier to cook throughout the week. It certainly makes it less frustrating to cook and a little easier to maximize use of food.

I hope this helps! :) Just remember that it becomes easier once you learn the tips and tricks of eating Paleo.

Offline Christopher De Bow

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2013, 12:58:45 PM »
API've been on the paleo diet for a couple of years now, and I have one piece of advice for anyone interested in it:
Progression
Don't go all out in the first couple months and try to slap your brain around with cold turkey.
Give things up one at a time.
Acclimate.
I'm still having problems with binging, because I built up the reflex to binge when I was "good" during the first couple months on Paleo.
Progression and patience will win this war, not brute force.

Offline ebaillargeon82

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2014, 11:01:21 PM »
That's wrong. Most of them lived well into the 70s... it's the fact that their sanitation was terrible that all of the infants and kids who died under the age of 10 bring the life expectancy down into the 30s.

Um no, I'm pretty sure they lived until their 30s.