Author Topic: AtrumX Training  (Read 1512 times)

Offline AtrumX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Itadakimasu
    • View Profile
AtrumX Training
« on: March 03, 2008, 08:02:38 PM »
I suppose I'll put in some background info for anyone that cares, or happens to be bored.
I've played every kind of sport all my life. Soccer has been my big one (though I had a ton
of fun playing Basketball). I've been traveling around the state for soccer since I was 11,
and one year we decided to start jumping off of stuff while waiting for our game to start,
or to kill time between games. This evolved into sliding wet metal stands, vaulting garbage cans
climbing and jumping off of things, etc. It wasn't until a couple years ago that I saw Jump London
and found out about Parkour and Freerunning. Needless to say I thought it was awesome, but
didn't get really into it because I was always busy.

Well, now I'm not busy and decided to start getting into this scene more. I live in a small town,
so we don't have some of the awesome concrete structures the big cities have. But since my
town is small, you can get away with a lot more stuff without anyone caring. Our downtown
has a ton of awesome buildings of varying heights and styles, so they should be a lot of fun
to mess around on. I'm really just planning on getting a solid foundation over the next several
months, so when I move off to college, I'll already be into it and have a good basis to work off.

Not really a whole lot more to say. I do a lot of art, play video games (going to MLG tournies)
and am a laid back guy that likes to listen to and play music.

Well, I thought I might as well start one of these. I started the next stage in my workout tonight.

3x6 Clean Pulls
3x6 Squat Press
3x6 Rotational Pulls

3x12 Wide-grip pull-ups on 2" board
3x12 Barbell lunges
3x12 Bent Rows

2x25 1-leg Swiss Push-ups
2x25 Swiss Crunches

2x10 Drop and Freeze
2x10 2-leg Box Jumps
2x10 Split Jump

4x10 Reaction Ball catches

We got 4-5 inches of snow today, so I didn't go out at all. Icy ground and harsh snow just made me decide to wait for a better day.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 06:50:11 PM by AtrumX »

Offline AtrumX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Itadakimasu
    • View Profile
Re: AtrumX Training
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 06:36:55 PM »
Well, today is my off day from the lifting. So I just did a quick workout. It's still cold, slushy, and not happy outside.

-5 min. run at 6mph
-Light stretching to loosen up

-10 min. run at 9mph
-2x25 Swiss Push ups
-3x12 Wide Grip pull ups

-5 min. run at 9mph
-2.5 min run at 12mph
-5 min. run at 9mph
-2x25 Swiss Push ups
-2x12 Pull ups

-Stretching for 15 min.

I'm a little out of shape right now. I've played soccer all my life, but have had about a month and a half since the season ended.
I'm hoping to be able to keep my mile time around or below 6 minutes. I just throw in the pull-ups and push-ups for a bit of fun.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:14:21 PM »
Hmm what are your goals besides the mile?
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline AtrumX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Itadakimasu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 09:32:56 PM »
Honestly I haven't set any specific goals. I workout and do everything just to get stronger, and be
able to do all the activities I like more. So the workouts aren't really something I set a goal on,
because I always want to keep improving.
Well, I had been typing an explanation of why I don't have specific goals for Freerunning, but as I was
typing that out, I realized that I do have goals. Thanks for asking that. Here's a couple general goals.
I'll probably break them down into more detail in later posts, explaining my trials and tribulations.
I've done a lot of running, and vaults before, but didn't really know the technical terms before recently.
So I've been doing a lot of the moves without knowing they were moves. Although this is kinda neat,
it means that my technique is pretty flawed on a a lot of them.
As far as tricking goes, I've never done much on foot, but I do a lot of freestyle skiing, and the same
movements are involved, so I know the basics. I've also jumped on a trampoline since I was little,
so I think I should get the flips down fairly quick.

Learn to:
-Backflip
-Frontflip
Improve:
-Kongs
-Precision Jumps
-Overall Technique
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:34:55 PM by AtrumX »

Offline AtrumX

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Itadakimasu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 03:47:47 PM »
Well, nothing exciting has been going on. I commandeered a picnic table for some at-home konging and general shenanigans. I've been doing my workout.
Some things I've improved on recently:
-Added 2.5lbs to each lift about weekly.
-I can now do 6 sets of 6 pullups on our 2"x2" piece of wood nailed to a downhang from the ceiling.
-3x30: 1 footed swiss pushup, at end of workout
-Most recent mile time: 6:10

Some goals of mine:
-Cut the pullups to 3x12.
-Going onto 1 pushup rows. Going to work back up to 1-footed swiss pushup rows.
-Get mile time ~6:00.

I plan on doing the workout every other day as usual, and running on the off days.
So I think I should be getting to my goals in the next month or less.

The main thing I need to work on is flexibility. I play soccer, so I've always lightly stretched daily.
But I'd like to be a lot more flexible. To get there I'm just stretching when I wake up, and before I go to bed for 15 minutes.