Author Topic: Viva La Evolucion  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
    • BEST PARKOUR DOCUMENTARY EVER!
Viva La Evolucion
« on: February 25, 2008, 12:18:07 PM »
I figured I should start one of these logs for my training.

M2 let me make the warm-up at primal this past Saturday (I feel privileged... no I really do.) three rounds of 10 pull-ups, lap of QM push-ups, 10 squats, and 10 pop-up's each side.  I got it done but I lost my breakfast in the process  :-X. After that I did 8 sets of 10 pull-ups and was able to complete the entire days workout for parkour class without experiencing any pain in my foot or my back. I'm REALLY happy about that too.  Been almost 3 months since I’ve been able to do anything without a massive amount of pain. Tomorrow I got to yoga to keep myself pain free and Wednesday I workout at home.

Offline Ryan Brown

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Viva La Evolucion
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 07:59:55 PM »
Hey, this is Ryan from NC. I came to DC to jam in October. Glad to see your injury is almost healed. I gotta get back to DC sometime to visit Georgetown and Primal.
"The thing I like most about this country is that, in a pinch , when things really get tough, you can always go into a store and buy some mints."

-George Carlin

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:55:22 AM »
Hell yeah! I'll be looking forward to that. When you do if you need a place to stay i'll have space for ya.  I'm about an hour from DC but it'll be free.

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 10:09:50 AM »
I started taking a protein supplement called Muscle Milk on Tuesday and so far it's been helping my weekend recovery nicely.  It will be put to the test this weekend with the workout tonight and Saturday and then my first jam since I f-ed up my foot.  It shouldn't be too bad weather wise; they're predicting 51 as the days hi.  Looking foreword to a brutal weekend.  I'm going to go for my first muscle-ups this week and try to do as many pop-ups tonight as I can.  Going to go a little conservative on Saturday and save something for Sunday.  We'll see how it goes.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:33:41 AM »
Keep us updated on the foot. Hope everything feels good this weekend.

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 05:00:13 AM »
The foot is feeling great; even after two days of training and a jam is Silver Spring.  It's a little sore so it's not 100% but it's about 90-95% and that's good enough for me.  After all the workouts and the jam I’ve decided that I need to work on specific things to improve my skills.  A couple of weeks ago I would have said that my rolls are the things that need the most work but after the jam I’m thinking that the first thing that needs work are my kongs.  Specifically getting some distance after I leave the ground and after I’ve gone over the object.  I got some pointers on now to train myself to do a switch footed take off instead of a two footed (thank you Leon) so for the next couple of weeks, or untill i can fly, I’m going to dedicate all of my pk training to getting my kongs better.

Offline Ryan Brown

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 05:46:41 PM »
yea, split foot take-off is HUGE for kong distance. That technique, alone, has added a lot of power to my kongs. If I remember to do split foot take-off and actively try to get my hips up as high as possible, I can get some decent distance out of mine.
"The thing I like most about this country is that, in a pinch , when things really get tough, you can always go into a store and buy some mints."

-George Carlin

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 07:55:34 PM »
Any sujestions on how to train for the split foot take off? (I wright this as i'm icing down my legs after the weekend, the jam, and then 5 hours of lifting 50 lb bags fo seed onto a planter.)  :P

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 11:10:07 AM »
Demon's Drill from last September? It's all about training the split foot take off for the kong. There's link to video down at the bottom. Hope that's a help!

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 12:31:08 PM »
a big one thanks;D

Offline Ryan Brown

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 01:03:02 PM »
Yeah, that Demon Drill video is the first and only place I've ever seen split foot takeoffs explained in depth.

-George Carlin

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 07:32:25 AM »
Took it easy this week. I figured I’ve been training non-stop since my foot got better this week my muscles needed a break.  (i.e. I got lazy) Back into it hard on Saturday at primal.  This upcoming week 3 days of training Monday Wednesday and Saturday.

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 06:09:36 PM »
Great weekend. I think I made up for the lazy week.  I had a glorious workout at primal this weekend.  Painful fun was had by all.  The conditioning was brutal. I did the cross fit workout before 2 hours of parkour training and conditioning which is making for some interesting recovery today.  I also might be teaching yoga at primal soon so I hope that goes through with out too much trouble.  Short one but I need to do some stretching and icing before work tomorrow.

Offline Terry McIntosh

• Patas
  • Tear It Up Terry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 05:21:28 PM »
wait,  are you the yoga teacher ive been getting emails about? Maybe it's been obvious to everyone else, but no one really tells me anything.
I like to touch different kinds of surface textures.
Parkour lets me do that without feeling weird.

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 08:52:51 PM »
I'm Adam not chuck but i hope to be teaching at primal soon.

Offline Terry McIntosh

• Patas
  • Tear It Up Terry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 05:50:05 AM »
yea confusion for 2 secs there. i thought there was "some mystery guy" coming to teach... not you ;) . however, if you are teaching thats cool too. we can always use more yoga.  ;D
I like to touch different kinds of surface textures.
Parkour lets me do that without feeling weird.

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 04:36:32 AM »
The first yoga class with chuck is going on tonight. I’m excited about it and i plan to get there a little early to limber up.  Work has prevented me from working out either from getting home at 10 or just being too dog-tired to do anything at the end of the day.  Did a little yoga yesterday so i won't look completely inept when i do yoga tonight.

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 07:27:35 PM »
glorious workout at primal tonight. I got to teach (as best as i could) the switch foot take off.  I think i'll be teaching my first yoga class on saturday so that should be very interesting.  The new yoga guy is gonna be awesome.  Chuck is a great teacher. Very excited!   :P

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 04:34:31 AM »
Another glorious weekend of training in the nations capital.  Saturday was almost nothing but obstacle courses, which was fun.  Not great conditioning because most people were feeling the affects of it being St. Patrick's Day weekend but it was still a lot of fun.

The Jam on Sunday was a bit of a bust.  I think most of the people chickened out because of the weather.  WEAR LONG SLEAVES PEOPLE! :-Sarcasm A few people still showed that was a plus.  I'd have still stayed there by my self if no one showed but it's always more fun with other people. I had hoped to go over to Georgetown but it just wasn't in the cards cuz i took my motorcycle and that's not very conducive to leaving about 1000 dollars of riding gear sitting around.

Offline Soldier

• Patas
  • Do a little dance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 03:10:27 PM »
Still going to Primal but the busy season's kicking in so i'm not going to be able to do that much training other than after work and i'm usually BEAT by the end of the day so the workouts aren't very heavy.