Author Topic: Project: Pilgrimage  (Read 87449 times)

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
Re: Project: Pilgrimage
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 09:05:44 PM »
I know you asked us not to comment until we'd watched the whole thing, but my copy is really choppy, so I had to stop about 30 minutes in. Anyone else have this problem? I downloaded it from the "Megauploader" site. Maybe the ones on PKNA or APK are less choppy? Or is it my computer?

I want to give a full commentary once I watch the whole thing, which hopefully will happen as soon as I can get this choppy thing resolved, but here are my initial comments so far:

1. Beautiful, beautiful work. I have crossposted this at Madpk.
2. I would like to obtain a DVD copy of this to show in my French classes. This would be an ideal addition to the parkour units I have been planning. Please let me know when it is available, and how I could purchase it.
3. Who did the translation of the subtitles for you?
4. Did I say it was beautiful?
5. I can't wait to see the rest!

This was really well done, TK. You always have so much heart and soul in the parkour projects you do. Very, very beautiful job.
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

shadow1234

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 10:43:08 AM »
I'm still watching it but I feel the need to congratulate you on informing that we as traceurs need to train to be able to run fast through empty space. I agree with you that this is something we forget about.

Offline obsidian

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 11:14:50 AM »
I've just posted over on parkour.net, but I just wanted to re-iterate my thoughts here. This is a superbly produced and well thought out program, which I think every traceur, both old and new will be able to take something from. I think it gives a real insight into the spirit of parkour, and what that means to the many traceurs around the world. Whilst this documentary focused on Lisses, I think the sentiments within it are more far reaching and will be the subject of many discussions at parkour training sessions around the globe in the coming days, weeks and hopefully even years. Well done on producing something which conveys so well what parkour and Lisses itself mean to the practitioners of parkour.

shadow1234

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »
Wow. Words can not express how cool that was.

Offline Acewall

• Mangabey
  • He's half black!.....No, he's 50%!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 12:58:07 PM »
I'm putting it on Google, it'll be up in about 2 hours.
"Does this work?...Let's call some bitches."

Offline Corey Straughn

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 01:52:44 PM »
ok thanks alot

Offline Gabe Arnold

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Proud Founder of S.U.T.S.
    • View Profile
    • Gabe Arnold Fitness
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 10:40:59 PM »
Back on topic... haha :P

Amazing video, I especially appreciated how you guys took the time to talk to the people of Lisses and do some work at preserving the community. That is the kind of initiative and thought that will keep parkour in a good light for years to come.

I also liked how well edited and professional the movie was. It was like a traceur's dream guide to Lisses and France. Soundtrack was great, choice of videos great.

I guess my only gripe is that at times it felt a little too serious and what I can only describe as the 'deep end' of philosophy. Stuff so heavy it's hard to pin down and think straight especially for a parkour movie. But then again I guess that's just the way parkour is.

(Oh, and who was the deep voiced guy giving narration near the beginning? Did you hire a pro voice talent or something?)   

BaoUnit

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 03:45:05 AM »
I guess my only gripe is that at times it felt a little too serious and what I can only describe as the 'deep end' of philosophy. Stuff so heavy it's hard to pin down and think straight especially for a parkour movie. But then again I guess that's just the way parkour is.
There were some inside jokes for traceurs only you know, like the Stephane Vigroux part?  ;)

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 05:41:03 AM »
FYI folks I'm going to peruse the thread later and delete off-topic posts if that's alright. PM me if you think it's a violation of your internet rights or something :-Sarcasm

Posting this up on the front page later today when on my lunch break!

Offline Zackw.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Pilgrimage (now with Google streaming!)
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 09:56:46 AM »
I just downloaded the pilgrimage last night and I watched it twice. This has to be the best moving parkour experience for me so far. A big props goes out to all of you who made it.  :) :) :)

Offline TK17

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 11:29:21 AM »
Um ... it was ... just me, who made it.  I mean, I meant what I said about everyone supporting me, and I couldn't have done it without that support.  But in terms of actually doing editing, it was pretty much just me sitting alone in my parents' basement.
 ;D

Offline FGandy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »
Wow, i've been doing parkour for almost a year now. this video has really touched my heart. i love the night time training with you and the splitscreen of david and kudos for the editing man! i can tell you put a lot of work in that and im proud to have even watched it. i'm going to show it to my dad tonight for he is very fond of parkour and the discipline behind it so i know he will enjoy it.

great video man! cant wait for a high quality version!

~FGandy

Offline Zackw.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 03:27:53 PM »
=P Ya i remember reading that part at the end or w/e but i meant props to you for editing and props to everyone else for contributing. But still i cant get enough!

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »
This is almost like the unachievable idiots guide.  Thanks TK 17.  Just...Thanks.
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline Lorin Ball

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • 1LB
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2008, 12:00:34 AM »
Very Good Job! I would recommend submitting this to film festivals. congratulations with your journey.

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2008, 02:27:38 PM »
Hey TK17, I know some folks are interested in the soundtrack you used. Mind posting up a list?

Offline TK17

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2008, 02:46:57 PM »

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2008, 02:51:47 PM »
Deep Forest..  Interesting and unexpected.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline TK17

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »
Those are actually both from Deep Forest III, I think it's called Comparsa or something?  Anyway, disc one of that two-disc set.  If anyone needs a specific album name, I'll post that, later.

Jaycee123

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »
Personally i gained a lot of insight from viewing your video, i can stress only enough that u are a well experienced traceur through both knowledge and will power! Thank you very much i needed to watch this video i have only trained for one year and have been seeking out a video like this one. Training comes as importantly as survival to me...

The part that i especially liked and watch over and over again is the beginning. When u explianed how running and endurance was more important than the vault itself. Plus the fact that vaulting rather than hurdelling gave more of an advantage to a traceur.

The only thing i missed seeing was David belle standing next to you in person. I hear he is a very welcoming traceur and contact with him is easy...