Author Topic: Project: Pilgrimage  (Read 83151 times)

Offline TK17

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Project: Pilgrimage
« on: March 22, 2008, 05:54:36 PM »
The following link is a medium-quality download of The Pilgrimage Project.  This is a full-length documentary about Lisses - the birthplace of parkour - and about parkour itself.  It contains footage of over a hundred and fifty traceurs, and was shown to David Belle for approval before release.

The file is 440 MB.  I'm sorry that it is so large, but it is an hour and a half long, and it was important to keep the quality at a respectable level.  If anyone is capable of compressing it further, PLEASE DO SO AND POST HERE.  If anyone is willing to mirror the file and make a new download link, PLEASE DO SO AND POST HERE.  If anyone is willing to set up a bittorrent, PLEASE DO SO AND POST HERE.

It is important that everyone understand ... this is not just a "parkour video."  It's not just a bigger and better sampler.  It is different, and it deserves a different kind of attention.  Comments beginning "I couldn't be bothered to watch the whole thing, but ..." will be ignored.  Please try to watch it all in one sitting if you can ... set aside enough time to see the whole thing.  Watch it with friends, talk it over ... and then let me know what you think.  I spent over a thousand work hours making this, and I care very deeply about it, and I am eager to know what you think.

http://www.americanparkour.com/videos/2008/Pilgrimage_TK17_subtitled.mov (right-click > save as)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32RIWTL0

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4094663

http://digg.com/arts_culture/Project_Pilgrimage

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3022662956956514828&q=Pilgrimage+parkour&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1 <--- Streaming link!

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4120891 <--- DVD image file, full quality (may have to burn directly to disc, but it'll play on any PAL player)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:33:03 AM by Ryan Ford »

Offline Corey Cedeno

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Pilgrimage
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:15:04 PM »
I'm not afraid of heights in any way, but that opening bit actually got me a little... apprehensive thinking about myself climbing up the Dame du lac.

BaoUnit

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 06:59:14 PM »
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4094663
Download will be slow until we get some seeders

Offline blachawk

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:14:08 PM »
i'll seed at piratebay once i download for sure.

BaoUnit

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 07:51:09 PM »

Offline hadi

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 09:16:03 PM »
I would love to watch this if I could get it to work.

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 10:53:14 PM »
14 minutes in and this is incredible TK17! It's quite apparent that you've put a ton of work into this. I look forward to watching the rest of it and will post up more thoughts later, all sure to be positive if the first 14 is any indication :]

Edit : ;D Scorpions, fire, a machine gun, and barbed wire fence? Brilliant job on the illustrations! :D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 11:03:51 PM by doc akh »

Offline Casper

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 12:45:07 AM »
Do you think you could release a high-quality version as a torrent?
I would love to burn it to dvd to watch/show people on tvs.
Stairs are for Squares.

You can hide, but you can't run!

Offline TK17

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 02:36:30 AM »
Eventually, yes, a high-quality version will be out there.

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 07:09:47 AM »
Hey Duncan, I'm currently uploading a copy to the APK FTP. I'm heading out for easter festivities with my family before it will finish, but I'll leave my computer on and should have a link for you when I get back to my apartment this evening!

Offline Casper

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 10:29:55 AM »
The documentary was phenomenal. I really appreciate the legacy of Parkour so much more and a trip to Lisses is infinitely higher on the list of things I'm looking forward to in my future.
Also, I almost shed a tear when I saw the Change in Lisses segment and I've never been to the city!
Can you imagine a future where Parkour is so widespread and loved that all the great landmarks are recreated for Traceur Pilgrimages?
I honestly don't think it's that far out of reality if Parkour keeps growing at the rate it is now...

But back on topic!
The documentary was great and it truly broadened my understanding of the history and culture of Parkour.
Also, it would be nice to see some "behind the scenes", perhaps of the screening you did for DB himself!
Stairs are for Squares.

You can hide, but you can't run!

Offline Patrick Holten (Denver Family) Flux Freerunning

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Life on the run.
    • View Profile
    • Ya!!! Youtube!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 01:25:39 PM »
Wow, this was amazing! Just the whole quality of the content in this video makes me seem to have an even closer connection with traceurs in general and with Lisses both! It gets me so excited for my trip in 2009! ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:27:14 PM by Altair™ »
"Live what you love."- Me, Patrick Holten
WHAT I LOVE...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiviEs4zmNo
DENVER FAMILY PRESENTS: FLUX FREE RUNNING

Offline Matthew Menze

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 02:41:40 PM »
Is there any way it could be put up on google video or youtube? I know google video has several hour plus parkour films.

Just an idea, since I can't download a file that large at the moment, due to how often this thing crashes...

Matt
"With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself
 between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. "

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »
Whew, just finished it, and truly enjoyed it. You all did a great job of conveying what the parkour community should be conveying to the rest of the world and especially lisses.

really awesome what you did to la place de chevreuse [sic] thats the kind of stuff that is going to make the "true" parkour community grow and flourish the way we want it to. and the night session with the simultaneous belle footage was awesome =).

that sucks about the damier though, didnt know about that. good comments about respect during that segment.

“You do freerunning or parkour, I don’t know, but both are the same. Some people are worried about it, but they are people that don’t train for too long, people that…in terms of training, aren’t mature yet. […] One day I’d like to wake up, open my window, and everyones doing parkour." -Ali Shelton

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »
Speechless, goosebumps, tears to my eyes... this was one of the most amazing pieces of art I have ever had the pleasure to watch.. I am truly honored to be part of this great community and even more to have been blessed to watch that movie...
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 05:30:08 PM »
Here's a direct download:  http://parkournorthamerica.com/media/pilgrimage.mov  Right-click, save as, please.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 06:20:13 PM »
And here : http://www.americanparkour.com/videos/2008/Pilgrimage_TK17_subtitled.mov (right-click > save as)
I think people have plenty of places to acquire this from now!

----

Also, out of curiosity, when you showed this to David Belle did he have any suggestions or critiques that you ended up making that we now see in the version you've posted here?

Offline Rockwell

• Mangabey
  • "There's alot that I don't know...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 06:37:51 PM »
OMG doc akh i freakin love you!
i just spent 2 hours trying to convert this .mov to somthing i could watch.......
from the bottom of my heart i thank you.
ill tell you what i think once i watch it TK.
but i know your work, i'm a big fan.
What if you fail?
I won't.

"Dude how did you rip your pants?!?!?"
"Well when you travel at the speed of awesome...."

"Fast. Run Fast.Run so God damned fast. Why? Dreams don’t catch themselves."

Offline Tom Coppola

• Hirundo Rustica
  • TomewardBound
    • View Profile
    • Florida Parkour
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 07:30:47 PM »
This was by far the best documentary on parkour I have ever seen.  It truly represents the dicipline the way it should be.  TK I commend you for this contribution to the parkour community.  This is a must see for any traceur/traceuse and anyone considering becoming one.
p.s Can the moderators please sticky this?  I really feel its that important.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 07:34:02 PM by TomewardBound »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGJ-vaW0Uw

When faced with the stress of a life-threatening engagement, we don't rise to the occasion, we descend to our level of training.

Offline Zack Bedingfield

• Mangabey
  • iamgustav
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 08:17:17 PM »
This was by far the best documentary on parkour I have ever seen.  It truly represents the dicipline the way it should be.  TK I commend you for this contribution to the parkour community.  This is a must see for any traceur/traceuse and anyone considering becoming one.
p.s Can the moderators please sticky this?  I really feel its that important.

qft
“You do freerunning or parkour, I don’t know, but both are the same. Some people are worried about it, but they are people that don’t train for too long, people that…in terms of training, aren’t mature yet. […] One day I’d like to wake up, open my window, and everyones doing parkour." -Ali Shelton