Author Topic: Columbia anyone??  (Read 6839 times)

Offline pr gringo

• Patas
  • DANGER MONKEY!!!
    • View Profile
Columbia anyone??
« on: February 15, 2006, 01:42:19 PM »
hey i was just thinking today that some of us mentioned going to Columbia, SC for a weekend jam thing with Reese and his crew.  I'm still game for it, just wanna get people's thoughts.  It will take a little bit getting down there, but i totally believe it will be worth it.  Repy if you have  a good idea for a date/weekend.  POST UP!!! ;D

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
Re: Columbia anyone??
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 08:09:01 AM »
Good call, B! I think that just a/b any weekend in March is good to go with me.

I have intentions on staying with my good friend Allen who lives down there, and he has already said that we can stay with him anytime. :)

Also: ncparkour.com
North Carolina Traceurs

Offline pr gringo

• Patas
  • DANGER MONKEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 10:06:33 PM »
aight now we just gotta get in contact with Reese and his boys down there and see when a good time for them is

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
Columbia trip!!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 08:38:54 AM »
Okay people,

Start looking at the weekend of March 10th (the 10th is a Fri) as our trip to Columbia for Parkour and hang-outtage!

What I am talking about is leaving Charlotte Mar 10 in the evening, and leaving Cola for home Sunday.

I have talked with Reese and he says that weekend will work.

I have spoken with my good friend Allen and he says it is fine if we all sleep on the floor of his apt. (bring your own bedding)
The 10th is ALSO Allen's birthday, so reguardless *I* am going down there to see him and celebrate that. :D

The drive (by googlemaps) is a/b 1.5-2 hrs, so not too bad at all.

Post up, guys! Floor space of Allen's apt is a little limited, so speak up if you want to go!

Also, I am not making this post on UFF to encourage everyone to "migrate" over to this board a bit. ;)

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline pr gringo

• Patas
  • DANGER MONKEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 12:25:56 PM »
dude now im psyched!!!! thats the end of our spring break, so to me, this is one hell of a way to end it.  I will definitly wanna go to Columbia and be freakin worn out come monday.  Peace ;D

Offline IdMonk

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • Don't click on this.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 09:36:04 AM »
A clever ruse, Clifferton.

How long will the Columbia Jam be?
Lava sharks and dairy products.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 01:32:27 PM »
The actual JAM part of the Cola Jam will probably be all/most of Saturday. There's DEF going to have to be time set aside that day, or maybe night, hm... to do something special for Allen. Hell, what are you guys' class schedules like Fridays? I could do a half day and leave early afternoon...

As for like the whole trip, I'm going down Friday after work, and coming back Sunday midday or evening.

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Reese LeBlanc

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Doctor WHO?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 08:32:05 AM »
I am SO looking forward to this jam!  I don't know how much you guys are up for doing some scouting Friday night but that might be best.  Sort of decide on a general route even though it might be subject to change. 

As for filming, I just bought a 3CCD 'corder.  I'm going to be worried about messing it up the whole time but we should be able to get some good footage! 

Saturday is going to kick ass!  Another thing we can do is go to a local gymnastics/cheerleading facility near my house.  We can go run around up there from 6pm until 10pm for $3/hour.  You can't beat that!  They have floor tramps, runway tramps, an inflatable runway, spring floors, foam pit and some PacMan shaped bags we can vault from and over.  Plenty of fun!

Reese
We crawl until we walk.  We run until we flow.

Offline Zanadoo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 01:26:09 PM »
Hey, this is Zanadoo from Atlanta. I've jammed with Reese and one of his friends before and they were a blast. I'm thinkin about makin the trip over there from Atlanta since its the end of my spring break. Any possibilities that theres room for me for some sleepage?

Offline pr gringo

• Patas
  • DANGER MONKEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 01:54:31 PM »
oh my goodness now i seriously cannot wait

so yea Reese, the scouting "trip" on friday sounds like a good idea, how bigs the area in which yall usually run it,  if its like everywhere, then mos def lets plan a somewhat route so we don't miss any good spots. 

oh and that gym sounds freakin awesome, i know we would love to goto one of those cause we don't got one round here.  ok lets do that then

oh and is that gym somethin Allen would like to do, kinda like a workout b-day celebration thing??? just a thought

aight chums....peace

Offline Reese LeBlanc

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Doctor WHO?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 06:13:01 AM »
Well, the areas we can hit mostly depend on how many we can pile in the back of my truck. :) 

I'm figuring the USC campus and the surrounding downtown area for sure. Within a short hike (actually, there are a few things to hit along the way) is Finlay Park.  There are a few things to do there as well.  Beyond that, we could go to a couple of the local schools which are a few miles up the road.  Perhaps we could hit those up on the way to the gym since it is just a few more miles away from them.  Either way, we can figure that out Friday.

As for the gym, I have an idea.  IF Allen is interested in going we could all chip in a few bucks to get him in for free for his birthday.  I'd toss in 2 or 3 dollars if everyone else would. :shrug:  Just a thought.

I'm getting excited about this to say the least! :D

reese

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 06:21:19 AM »
Reese:

I'm glad you're so pumped, man! I am too! It's gonna be an awesome weekend. That's also very cool a/b you gettin' a recorder. We DEF have to get this on tape.

What might happen is I'll let you guys go do the scouting thing Fri night, and I'll spend some time with Allen. Friday is his actualy birthday. :) He made mention to me of something cool going on at the Art Bar that night, and I told him that sounded awesome. I haven't gotten his thoughts on gym night or even the possibility of going w/ us out Sat, but I dont' see why he would have an aversion to the gym at least! I def think that if he wants to go there we should all chip in, too.

Dude! Finlay park would be so fun! It'd be nice to visit there again, too. 'Been forever. Don't forget that there'll be other cars, too, to caravan. Noone has to ride in a truckbed if they don't want. ;) hah!

Zanadoo:

I'm not sure if there will be space at my friend Allen's. My impression is that his place is not huge, and with me already bringing others down, I'm not sure what the situation will be like. Let me talk to him, though, and I'll find out. Reese, you said you are like between houses or somesuch?

UNCC Guys:

What a/b those Fri class schedules? I'm willing to take a half-day of vacation to leave like around 1 or 2.

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Reese LeBlanc

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Doctor WHO?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 06:41:33 AM »
As for floor space, we MIGHT still be in the house that weekend.  If so, I can supply floor space to those who need it.  I'll know for sure by the end of this week.

Getting this on tape is a DEFINITE must!  Keep in mind that someone is going to have to film ME some as well.  Heh.  I'm still anxious to see how I look when I'm at 100%.  The last video I was in (ATL jam on overflux), I was hurting pretty bad.  Not this time! ;)

PR Gringo, check your PMs...

Reese

Offline Dicere

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 11:08:07 AM »
SOOOOOOO PUMPED FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will definitely be there   change of scenery, chance to meet new people, gym time, camera, what more could anyone ask for??

Offline Zanadoo

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 11:31:24 AM »
The more and more I hear about this the more I wanna come. If sleeping is a problem then I just need a place to park my car and I can sleep in there. It'd just be nice to have a place to hang before sleepage time.

Offline pr gringo

• Patas
  • DANGER MONKEY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 12:42:03 PM »
yo ohfo!!!
the friday we're goin to Columbia we don't got any classes.  we're comin back from the beach like thursday sometime cause its SPRING BREAK, so we can leave whenever on friday. 

dude lets freakin carpool, it will be fun and at the same time saving mother nature!!! ROCK ON!!!

so yea round 1 or 2 will be chill

peace

ps. (low)ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(high)  (me gettin excited)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 12:45:36 PM by pr gringo »

Offline Reese LeBlanc

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Doctor WHO?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 06:18:22 PM »
Fine, if you guys are going to make me feel guilty...  LOL

Seriously, I just talked to my wife.  The place is a mess due to the upcoming move but floor space is available to those who need it.  :)

Reese