Author Topic: Backfkilps! How can I learn them?  (Read 7553 times)

Offline RedOctober1992

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Backfkilps! How can I learn them?
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 02:29:08 PM »
I hate to leech your thread, but I'm kind of in your situation I think. I can do backflips almost flawlessly on a trampoline. plenty of spin, plenty of landing time, etc. no worries.

Does this mean I can stand on the rail of my back porch and just go for it? or is there another way I need to practice before attempting?

Offline JasonMurak

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 04:41:15 PM »
This is why im more of a freerunning guy.

Im good at vaults, leaps, all jmps, precisions,wallups, etc, but in free running it isnt about the set movements. Its about getting around your settings

I have been trying backflips for a while and i land on my neck alot so I dont try so much

Offline Publime

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008, 08:21:40 PM »
I agree the best thing i believe you can do is first learn to do a backflip on a trampoline, then head to your local gym and test it out in a foam pit (or if there isnt one then go ahead and practice on some nice mats with a spotter) once you master that you can rely more and more on yourself to accomplish the backflip and less on outside assistance like a trampoline or a spotter. I believe learning a backflip can be an essential self confidence booster that can really help you tackle even harder problems :)

Offline Shae Perkins

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Texas tough
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 08:13:42 AM »
i've been working on them the last few days, and i went up to my high school found a big squishy mat, chickend out a few times, but eventually did enough times to where i could recognize a technique and put it to work.
This post was based off of my personal gatherings. Enjoy:)

Offline Cellar

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2008, 02:53:10 PM »
This is why im more of a freerunning guy.

Im good at vaults, leaps, all jmps, precisions,wallups, etc, but in free running it isnt about the set movements. Its about getting around your settings

I have been trying backflips for a while and i land on my neck alot so I dont try so much
Woah. Hold on there. Parkour isn't about the set movements either. People who do parkour just don't see flips and such fitting into moving quickly and efficiently. That doesn't mean that they believe that monkeys and speed vaults are the only ways in the world to get over a 4' wall.
I like to play in the snow. I stick my hands in, now where did they go?
It might be mighty cold, but that's all part of not doin' what you're told.
I write the B-Sides-Eels

Offline Publime

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 09:34:25 PM »
Woah. Hold on there. Parkour isn't about the set movements either. People who do parkour just don't see flips and such fitting into moving quickly and efficiently. That doesn't mean that they believe that monkeys and speed vaults are the only ways in the world to get over a 4' wall.
Right on

Offline fr33runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2008, 04:14:47 AM »
I personally learned my backflips on a trampoline :P but since you want to be putting these into practice in urban environments im not sure if thats the best way to go. You way just want to look for a personal trainer? Im not sure but I think they would know how to teach a backflip on the ground.
-Fr33Runner