Author Topic: turf toe, pains in both joints  (Read 1123 times)

Offline blob2121

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
turf toe, pains in both joints
« on: February 28, 2008, 07:31:36 PM »
I have been diagnosed with turf toe and have to rest and rehab for a while bit i have pain in both the joints of my toe. A sharper pain in the little knuckle that only lasts briefly when doing an action like jumping and a soreness pain in the big joint after repeated use. I'm restricted to walking fro now but was wondering if anyone has heard of turf toe pain in both joints? I got this injury by rolling over my toe on thee separate occasions I am pretty sure.

Offline Ken PKChiro

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Vital Balance Chiropractic, LLC
Re: turf toe, pains in both joints
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:39:12 PM »
turf toe is really a strain of the flexor pollicus mm.  just give the bottom of your big toe a rub wherever its tender, and let it rest, don't do forceful flexion of the big toe for some time, just give it some rest.
Any information or advice given is not to be interpreted as diagnosis, or statements of causality, conditions should be evaluated by a licensed practitioner of Chiropractic or Medical Doctor IN PERSON.  Therefore treatment recommendation should be considered similarly and bears no consequence to me.

Offline blob2121

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: turf toe, pains in both joints
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 06:54:12 PM »
what about the pain in the upper/ smaller joint of my foot? (interphalangeal joint)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 07:02:16 PM by blob2121 »