Author Topic: klaymen-trailer  (Read 3850 times)

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
klaymen-trailer
« on: February 11, 2006, 10:04:18 PM »
this is a part from a sampler i am currently working on (not nearly finished). i figured i'd let you guys see my progress so far.

Choose your flavor:

YouTube

YouSendIt

YouSendIt (smaller version)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 11:14:38 AM by klaymen »

Kipup

Re: klaymen-trailer
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 10:27:25 PM »
Nice man, I like the quick cuts and high energy vibe.
Especialy good considering that it's "not nearly finished". Good luck with the rest of your production/editing, and keep up the good work.

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 12:20:20 AM »
Awesome sense of speed and urgency, the music matches nicely!
The camera angles / shots and editing is pretty rockin'. If this isn't a finished version, I can't wait to see the final!

EDIT : SLOW DOWN THIS IS A NEIGHBORHOOD! Loved the ending hehe.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 12:23:13 AM by akh horus »

Offline kaos

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • New England Parkour
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 07:19:37 AM »
Wow, I was really into this video while I was watching it.  I found myself talking to my computer....saying things like he could've jumped up all those steps! (instead of that tic tac in the beginning) Or he could have popped way over that wall (rather than planting on top near the middle of the vid).  I guess we all have our own opinions on what my be faster, there were some other spots that I thought could have been faster too.  I think I was so into it because you've got lots of skill, and it almost looked like you were holding back....just a little.  Anyways, I can see you really exploding in vids in the very near future.

peace
Parkour creates communities, not rivalries. Keep competition out of parkour.

Offline ERI104

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 07:36:20 AM »
excellent vid!!! the ending was pretty sweet...jumpin of into the back of that truck and driving away....yeah that was cool. and you got some serious talent! to bad we couldn't pk on that saturday at VCU....oh well maybe next time!!
I am the Egyptian Monkey

things people have called parkour
1) popcorn
2) park whore
3) par four
4) pa coop

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 10:52:30 AM »
yea, sorry about vcu. i lost your number (wasn't near a computer) and i didn't want to drive all the way down there without knowing where you were or if you still wanted to jam or whatever, so i was just hoping you would call. basically, it's no one's fault really (if anything it's my fault for not writing your number down). but, if you decide to attend vcu, then there would be plenty of times to jam ;)

@koas:

yea, i considered the two things you were talking about. the tic tac thing, i have tried making it up all those steps, but the way the chain link fence is set up, it only leaves about 4 feet of space, so the only way to come at it is at an angle. at the wall, i don't know if you could see it, but the asphalt after the wall is at a pretty steep curve, so i would be running up hill a little as opposed to starting a step back and staying on level ground. i suppose either way would have worked though. thanks for the feedback. and for reference, here is a link to the last video i made at the same place. http://media.putfile.com/keep-trying

again, thanks everyone for the comments.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 11:12:53 AM by klaymen »

Offline kaos

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • New England Parkour
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 11:23:01 AM »
I remember that old vid.  I liked it then and I like it now.  Its so cool to know those insights about the current vid.  Thanks!
Parkour creates communities, not rivalries. Keep competition out of parkour.

Offline Gareth EE Field

• Mangabey
  • Aaayyooo!!!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 06:01:52 PM »
nice!  the only things i would suggest would be to incorparate diagonal kongs a little more, and maybe try increasing the strength in your hips, which will help a whole bunch of things. namely i'm looking at the cat leap, rail to roof, which i would definately have gone into as a straight arm cat so i could get out of it really quick, though nice job keeping flow throughout the video though, except for one or two spots. i really liked how well you portrayed parkour, having things in there that aren't particuarly 'impressive' to watch, but are really the essesnce of parkour.
PK4LIFE!

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 06:07:14 PM »
this is a part from a sampler i am currently working on (not nearly finished). i figured i'd let you guys see my progress so far.

well im not sure what "trailer" means to you, but that was totally not what i was expecting... ;)

pretty good video. good grasp of all the basics. some more advanced things couldve been cleaner such as foot placement and climb ups.

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 06:37:07 PM »
i didn't know what else to call it. cause i am planning on making a long video. this was just some of the stuff i have done so far.

Offline Kent

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 06:51:17 PM »
Really good video klaymen, lots of movement, niceeee

Offline Alex Steadman

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 07:55:25 PM »
Nice stuff man!  How long is the full video going to be, because that was sick!  Everything was so fast and smooth, that's how a real Parkour video should look like, no stopping to do a backflip or randomly jumping off a house haha.  Keep up the good work.

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 08:31:39 PM »
Awesome video, short and sweet, just like how i like my ladies ;D, when do you think the longer vidoe is comming out?

Offline klaymen

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 08:51:19 PM »
probably not till the end of the summer. but certainly not until after the beast coast jam.