Author Topic: Sport Holster  (Read 14114 times)

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
Sport Holster
« on: February 10, 2006, 02:34:37 PM »
I saw this a while ago on UFF and have just been forgetting to post something about it.  I really really want to get one of these, but I can't find anywhere that will ship to the U.S. It is Driving me crazy, it seems like such a useful thingydo.  I'm even tempted to attempt making one out of duct tape, but it probably wouldn't work too well.  Anyway here's the link to the site http://www.urbantool.co.uk/ If any of you have any ideas on how to get these suckers to the U.S. I would be really happy! :D
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
Re: Sport Holster
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »
I think it would be very cool if it was designed the other way, so that your stuff was held right in front of you. With t behind, I don't think you could roll (imagine rolling over a cell phone or ipod!! Ouch!) ... the only thing it could hinder in front of you (that I can think of) is if you're doing a cat leap or climb type thing and you somehow drag it over the edge of a wall you're going over, but I feel you have more control of it that way. Something that sat just on top of my fat gut would be perfect, I already have a shelf :)
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline UR34N

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Parkour Clothing/ Urban Free Flow
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 05:06:48 PM »
Your valuables go into the straps NOT in the back part.  Some of the Seidojin team have been kitted out by these guys and I can truly say that they are spot on. You can do every range of movement from cats to kongs and the holster sticks to your body like a glove.  As long as you buy the right size, you'll be fine.  Oh, and you can 100% roll with these on and there's no prob.

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 05:31:22 PM »
Sounds good. Are you sponsored by them, or can we take that as a 100% independant review?
(this is not meant to be argumentative btw, just a fair question)
Be Useful.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 10:40:59 PM »
I guess it is designed so that you can put your cell phone, keys, and wallet in the straps.  Then If you want, for like just running or something that doesn't involve rolls, you can put an mp3 player in the back pouch.  I think If I had one of these I could run across the city and not get tired ;D
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline UR34N

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 01:48:33 AM »
We aren't sponsored by them.  They contacted us about road testing some, so we did and found them to be awesome.  They are a small company who came up with something that is absolutely perfect for the Parkour practitioner who wants peace of mind while training.  I've lost count of the times in the past where my mind has been on making sure my pack pack containing valuables, was ok. Two of our team had their bags stolen while jamming and they lost keys, wallets, phones and an mp3 player.  Thinking back to that day and how pissed off they were........... :'(

If something is good, we'll tell it like it is.  If it's crap, exactly the same.  Our review policy is to be neutral and this will be reflected in the adidas nova test we do in the up and coming U$F 'Kill Bam' Volume 2 video that will be released on Tuesday the 14th of Feb.  Link available on all good websites and DVD in all good HMV and Virgin recordstores........ ;D

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 06:33:14 AM »
Good stuff. I'll have to contact them and see about getting them over hear, as this is definitely a common problem. I remember when the guy's bags were nicked, that sucked.
Be Useful.

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 06:44:04 AM »
Oh, by the way, the plug is shameless to the point of cheesy, but I appreciate that APK has "made the ranks" as a place that must be advertised on :P

We'll only charge you .005 a click :P
Be Useful.

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 09:04:14 AM »
i think thats about the closest thing to a murse thatyou can get, it looks pretty awesome, if anyone does firgure out a way to get it into the states, i'd like to buy one

Offline UR34N

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 11:27:47 AM »
Making the ranks isn't too hard considering how little is on offer elsewhere.  As for charging per click, you see, you are just another sell out whore like those U$F guys......its always about money. pfffft  :o

Kipup

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2006, 12:56:30 PM »
"think it would be very cool if it was designed the other way, so that your stuff was held right in front of you. "
M2 - duhhh, Fanyy Packs !!!

Didn't you know that all the top Traceurs are wearing them? They're so in right now.

Offline ERI104

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2006, 10:07:58 AM »
Lmao...i think i'll stick to the traditional, unchanged since the begining of parkour, bag bitchin haha
I am the Egyptian Monkey

things people have called parkour
1) popcorn
2) park whore
3) par four
4) pa coop

Offline Kirkor

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 02:44:59 PM »
heh, she's like one of those 'Wanna Fanta' girls!  ;D

Offline Unique

• Mangabey
  • D'Ondrai Jones
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 03:13:54 PM »
I think there preety cool but somtimes if you use a creidt card to buy something in a diffrent currency
the'll possibly transfer it into there dollors. ;)
- “Don't wait for life to beat you. Move life to your own beat.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXiSaVGnLI

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 08:20:16 PM »
I think there preety cool but somtimes if you use a creidt card to buy something in a diffrent currency
the'll possibly transfer it into there dollors. ;)

WHOAH, use the nicely placed "spellcheck" button, unique ;p. I have no dollors but the payment in... correct spelling should be enough!
As for the holster, it's pretty nifty, might be worth checking out!

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 08:27:12 PM »
as much as i want it, i would like to see someone else use it first, and not just read the ad. Because of course they say its great, but somthing like that can be ruined by somthing as simple as a ill placed zipper

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 08:45:17 PM »
Well, with the arrival of the civilian covert bags my interest has been renewed with these sorts of things.  So I was just wondering if anyone has gotten an update on getting the sport holsters into the U.S..  The covert bags are nice, but they are about 15 dollars more, and they look like they stick out quite a bit.  I noticed that they didn't have a "sport version" on their site.  It seems to me that their devices are for travel, business, rescue work, construction type stuff, making a fashion statement, ya know, stuff besides parkour.

Of course this is not to say that they couldn't be used for parkour, but they do look a bit bulky.  I may be partial to the Sport holster, because I fell in love with it the first time I saw it.  So if any of you happen to know anything about them getting here, please let me know.  BON VOYAGE! ;)

Offline Deft

• Definitely NOT a wanker...
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 06:15:18 AM »
I know for fact that 2 people in my crew have ordered and recieved the sports holster through this site on sepatate orders. I jsut ordered the covert harness bag and I await the arrival of that, but if you want to ge the sports holster I know for fact this is a trustworthy place to order from. (It has the price in pounds but it converts everything for you when you actually order it.)

http://store.running4women.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=108

The joy of surpassing the limits of the body is open to all.
-Mihaly Csikszentmilhaly

Offline IwishIcould

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 02:57:45 PM »
HA HAW! When I clicked on the link I saw the pic of the guy and the words "urban tool", I was like " the guy or the bag?"  ;)
 You may be able to score something like this on military surplus sites, and with a little sewing make your own for less.   ;)

Gearsighted

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 03:35:06 PM »
Hahahaha  :P