Author Topic: Skipper - Remission 2008  (Read 6949 times)

Offline Flashblastx

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Skipper - Remission 2008
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008, 05:29:41 PM »
Just wondering.   ;D

Love

Offline revkon

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 03:45:51 PM »
there wasnt a pool in the vid?

right, i'm talking about the one that people linked from youtube where you're practicing dives

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 06:18:18 PM »
1) how deep is that pool? and 2) what camera did you use?  thanks, and keep up the great work

1) it's a 20 meter pool with a bubbler (to break surface tension in case you f#ck up). And the platform is 10 m(I think?)
It's a diving practice facility in MD

2) Some new HD camera.

Peter Griffin's guide to weightlifting:
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2008, 10:37:09 AM »
Yeah the pool is 18 feet deep and its a Sony HDR-CX7... Records to an SD card instead of tape, makes capturing easier and so much faster, and its freakin tiny.

And I remember that jam, we were all traversing across the side of a cliff when we saw a baby rattler winding up to bite Flipster. It sprung forward at him, he move over like an inch, the rattle snake missed him, ultimately falling 20 feet into the water below...... best... jam... ever. lol

Offline JumpOff

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2008, 10:55:48 AM »
feet, ofcourse, is what I meant.

Peter Griffin's guide to weightlifting:
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation, lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion"

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2008, 07:09:26 PM »
Yeah the pool is 18 feet deep and its a Sony HDR-CX7... Records to an SD card instead of tape, makes capturing easier and so much faster, and its freakin tiny.

And I remember that jam, we were all traversing across the side of a cliff when we saw a baby rattler winding up to bite Flipster. It sprung forward at him, he move over like an inch, the rattle snake missed him, ultimately falling 20 feet into the water below...... best... jam... ever. lol

There are RATTLESNAKES there!?  Okay, never climbing there again.  I only ever ran into some rat snakes and stuff.  Nothing poisonous.  I didn't even know rattlesnakes lived anywhere on the East Coast.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2008, 01:36:58 PM »
Yup, they arent all over the place, but they are definitely in our region. Dont worry about it that much though, Never seen any other than that baby one.