Author Topic: Heel injury  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Bubblemaker

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Heel injury
« on: February 08, 2006, 11:42:51 AM »
Since saturday I've been having some kind of injury at my right heel of which I have no idea what it is, maybe someone here can help.
It hurts on the back right side of my heel, especially when I'm exposing my foot to impacts like jumping or running. It's not feeling like a stress fracture, but the pain is not fading when I'm increasing the activity, however does when I stop the activity after a few minutes.
It also affects the way I run, it causes me to land on the right edge of my foot, and I don't seem to be able to change this, like I can't hold my foot straight.
I don't think it's something with the bones, as my heels hardly touch the ground while running, and I feel the pain in the 'bounce' of the impact. I'm now trying to rest my foot and it seems to have healed a little since yesterday.

I think it's a result of overuse and a slightly bad running technique. I tried to relieve the pain a bit by just falling forward and pulling my legs as described in the pose method of running and the barefoot running site, and this actually helped a bit, still can't sprint or run long distances though  :(

Offline Bubblemaker

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Heel injury
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 08:39:28 AM »
It's probably plantar fasciitis http://heelspurs.com/index.html, but it says nowhere that that causes you to walk on the edge of your foot. I'll see if just stretching the calf muscle willl help.