Author Topic: Ladies of PK?  (Read 3883 times)

Offline RhayneD

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Ladies of PK?
« on: February 05, 2006, 10:01:43 AM »
Okay, I've searched and searched, but haven't found a thread with this topic. If there is one, then someone has the right to drop kick me for not finding it lol. Okay, maybe not kick me exactly... that might hurt too much.

I was wondering just how many female PK'ers there are that have registered at APK.com. If you're out there, say it loud and proud!

Or, you could just whisper it. Your call... lol. Post a "Hi" here and let's see what the count reaches.

(Hope I don't get banned for this hehe)
"Definition is not the grand path. It is understanding that is the true destination." -RGM.
"Forget blood. Parkour runs through MY veins." -RGM

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Ladies of PK?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 10:31:57 AM »
nope, you wont get banned. This is fair play.

I will leave this topic to be posted in by GIRLS ONLY.

carry on ;)

Offline Rocketgirl

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 08:21:24 AM »
Hello RhayneD

I'm a girl attempting this stuff.  I'm in NoVa  :)

Where are you located?

Offline RhayneD

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 01:43:10 PM »
Hiya RG,

I'm located in Philadelphia PA. Though I have been spending a great deal of time "in da country" in Boyertown, PA recently.

Here! Here! To another female in da group!
"Definition is not the grand path. It is understanding that is the true destination." -RGM.
"Forget blood. Parkour runs through MY veins." -RGM

Offline damian

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 01:19:02 PM »
Hello, I hate to ressurect old threads, especially as a new person. I have recently begun studying the PK world and have found a dearth of video and pictures about female traceaurs. I am working on a documentary and would love to know where the best female practitioners of this art are located and if there is video available. I am very interested in finding out more about any females in this mostly male art.

Offline K.K.

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 01:36:01 PM »
Hey RhayneD

I'm in CO.

Offline Corndogg

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • SF Parkour
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 08:00:24 AM »
we have a decent amount of female traceurs in SF, and are actively trying to recruit more.  and so far theyve all been great!
SF Parkour // SFPK - | Website | Forum | YouTube |
Serving the Greater San Francisco Bay Area

Offline RunCincy

• Mangabey
  • maybe rolling is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 11:34:10 AM »
I've met a few at jams here in cincinnati.
you betcha on muh horse

Offline HaiWolfe

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 11:30:43 PM »
Hey all. I practice parkour in MA, around Amherst during the school year (student at UMass) and Boston over the summer.

Hello, I hate to ressurect old threads, especially as a new person. I have recently begun studying the PK world and have found a dearth of video and pictures about female traceaurs. I am working on a documentary and would love to know where the best female practitioners of this art are located and if there is video available. I am very interested in finding out more about any females in this mostly male art.

Here are some videos of female practitioners that I've seen around the 'net:

http://www.parkour-videos.com/videos/Liv-Rowlands-demo-2006_Sin-Clan.Co.Uk_Parkour.NET.wmv

http://parkourfiles.com/mcp-ladypk.wmv

http://videos.tepookatoys.com/media/lady-pk2.0.wmv

http://www.pkgym.co.uk/Emily/Emily.mov

Enjoy!

Offline damian

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 03:51:46 PM »
wow, thanks.

It is a little perplexing that there aren't more female traceurs as the parallel world of gymnastics is so dominated by females. Is there a difference in the amount of women involved in PK vs. Free Running?

To clarify my documentary, I am doing a series of spots for a women's shoe company that would like to highlight interesting women doing interesting things. Meeting people on the internet deservedly requires caution, but I know of no better way to quickly researcha topic and find people. So it sounds like there is a substantial population of SF PKers that are also women. Are there any women that lead this movement? There are several male Traceurs that are frequently talked about, are there female counterparts?

P.S. thanks for you patience with an outsider.

Offline Corndogg

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • SF Parkour
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 10:19:22 PM »
wow, thanks.

It is a little perplexing that there aren't more female traceurs as the parallel world of gymnastics is so dominated by females. Is there a difference in the amount of women involved in PK vs. Free Running?

To clarify my documentary, I am doing a series of spots for a women's shoe company that would like to highlight interesting women doing interesting things. Meeting people on the internet deservedly requires caution, but I know of no better way to quickly researcha topic and find people. So it sounds like there is a substantial population of SF PKers that are also women. Are there any women that lead this movement? There are several male Traceurs that are frequently talked about, are there female counterparts?

P.S. thanks for you patience with an outsider.

dont think there are any that "lead the movement" but there are definitely some that are pretty active (on forum, community, at jams etc).  let me know and i can put you in touch with them.
SF Parkour // SFPK - | Website | Forum | YouTube |
Serving the Greater San Francisco Bay Area