Author Topic: American Pie: Beta with parkour  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Sean Boyd

• Mangabey
  • “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
    • View Profile
American Pie: Beta with parkour
« on: December 30, 2007, 04:04:02 PM »
Has anybody seen American Pie: Beta. I believe it is the newer american pie movie. I noticed that it had a parkour scene in the movie. It also uses the word parkour. It was close to the end when the Beta and Geek houses were competing and they had to catch a pig. I wouldn't really call it parkour but more freerunning as he does some aerials and a back flip. I noticed that and wondered what you guys thought.

Offline TK17

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: American Pie: Beta with parkour
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 07:08:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URA44bGJM-8

It's Joe Eigo, a pretty world-renowned gymnast/street stuntman/pseudo-tricking kind of guy.  He's very very skilled, a really amazing athlete, but not at anything in particular ... he likes to mix-and-match whatever he thinks is the most interesting or useful stuff from all disciplines.

Unfortunately, from a very recent conversation with one of the guys who trains with him, apparently he and his crew have the names "parkour" and "freerunning" exactly backwards ... the guy (who is a really good athlete himself, and a great person, and not to be disrespected, just that he's misinformed) told me that it's one of his pet peeves when people get it "wrong" ...

This friend and training partner of Joe's said:
I've always liked to think of parkour as the acrobatic "tricks" on a concrete playground not necessarily the most efficient, but the most fun and flashy whereas free running is the quickest, most efficient way from point a to point b - not so much with the acrobatics.

:(

So, this might have actually been a "deliberate" misuse of the word parkour, in that Joe Eigo might have actually told them to say it that way, without realizing that he had parkour and freerunning mixed up.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 07:09:38 PM by TK17 »

Offline schuby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 09:50:06 PM »
"This video is no longer available due to..." NBC BEING LAMEWADS!!!

Anywhere else we could see it, or will the copyright nazis find it there too? (sorry to anyone offended by me using nazi)

shadow1234

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 07:42:38 PM »
"This video is no longer available due to..." NBC BEING LAMEWADS!!!

Anywhere else we could see it, or will the copyright nazis find it there too? (sorry to anyone offended by me using nazi)

just wait a bit, usually they're re-uploaded by some one else in a few days time