Author Topic: What is the Philosophy of Parkour?  (Read 20151 times)

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
What is the Philosophy of Parkour?
« on: November 20, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »
Many people take the principles they learn through parkour and apply them to their lives. By challenging themselves in parkour both mentally and physically, it becomes easier to deal with problems and obstacles in everyday life. When a difficult situation comes up in daily life, a parkour practitioner can see this as any other obstacle which they've learned to overcome quickly, efficiently, and without disruption to their intended path. Another part of the overall Parkour philosophy is to be useful in a variety of situations. Parkour itself does not strive to be a "complete" discipline.
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Charles Moreland

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • www.charlesmoreland.com
Re: What is the Philosophy of Parkour?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 08:57:22 AM »
Traceurs tend to think on a higher level and learn quickly that fear and stress do not help accomplish goals. We learn how to suppress these emotions and think clearly with a strong will to overcome obstacles that present themselves in our lives.

Good post M2.

Offline Brien

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 05:40:17 PM »
Suppressing emotions sounds a bit negative. I'd say Parkour teaches one how to use all energy in the most efficient way... quite the opposite of suppression. I know I can use any "stress" I have whether it be School or anything else as a motivation to get it done as quickly and as well as it can be done.

Offline Roberto Espinoza Jr.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 03:15:13 PM »
I find the term "over-coming these emotions" so much more fitting.  Don't you think?
Warning:  Limits in mind are further than they appear.

Is it further...or farther...?

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »
Being able to overcome all obstacles, pushing the limits of what you thought you could do. Before parkour, I'd never think I could actually run up a wall. Sometimes emotion can be an obstacle, stopping us from moving on and living our lives to the fullest. Parkour brings a way to express these emotions and show how we feel, sometimes when I'm mad, I have powerful movements. It's a healthy way to take out anger. By expressing these emotions, we can feel better and continue having fun and living our lives to the fullest.
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline Zeph

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Spartan Buddha
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »
So can Parkour be considered a martial art? As if you were combating your environment?
"Live your own life, for you will die your own death"
~ Latin proverb

"Next problem..."
~ www.spartanbuddha.com

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »
So can Parkour be considered a martial art? As if you were combating your environment?

I think it's less combatting your environment and more adapting to the flow of it
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline Jennifer

• Guenons
  • loves parkour
    • View Profile
    • Corpus Christi Parkour
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 06:33:31 PM »
To me, parkour is focus, overcoming fears, overcoming any obstacle, mental or physical.

It's about being strong (but not just physically so), useful and adaptive.

It's about supporting others, building them up. The sense of community I get when I practice with others. But it's also about pushing myself to my limits--and overcoming them, time and again.

Whenever I'm up against a wall, mental, physical, or otherwise, my parkour is there for me, and whenever I'm training with someone else, I'm there for them, a hundred percent.

There's so much more to it than pretty tricks and showing off.

Offline Anton Mesmer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Everyday is a day to get better at something!
    • View Profile
    • ActionTutorials!~ Your guide to higher movement
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 11:46:27 PM »
This kind of engagement of both body and mind has a presence in alot of forms of movement. Parkour is surely exceptional in that it's one of the only movement disciplines that commands absolute precision, focus, and attention. If meditation is about clearing thoughts from your mind and taking everything in with your senses, then Parkour is probably one of the closest things to fitting the bill.

Offline bob smith

• Patas
  • Philosophical Badass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 11:44:51 AM »
I think it's less combatting your environment and more adapting to the flow of it

Interviewer: Is parkour a martial art?
David Belle: In philosophy, yes.
(Translated from French)

The way I look at it is: martial arts are to fight responses, as parkour is to flight responses.

Offline Conner McGillvray

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 05:54:13 PM »
P.I.M. helped inspire me about the philosophy of parkour. During an interveiw, Paul stated something along the lines of "when an angry person is mad, they punch something to show there force and dominance over that object and overall the situation of their stress.  Parkour is a much more posotive version of that.  By successfully completeing  a move, you feel in power over that movement." I agree with what Paul states.

Offline Quentin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • ParkourNinja
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »
Parkour is based around the concept of getting through one’s environment in the most efficient manner possible. Traceurs train to overcome any obstacle that gets in their way and constantly try to adapt and innovate to those obstacles that are present. This represents itself philosophically in that everyone goes through obstacles in life. Practitioners of Parkour try and view all of life through this Parkour-vision, so that throughout one’s life, all obstacles and problems are new opportunities for growth and ways to challenge oneself. This is a universal principle. One can do Parkour on a handrail and on a math test. The philosophy of Parkour says that Parkour is more a mindset than a set of movements.

That being said, Parkour is very personal and unique to each person. There are a lot of commonalities to what the philosophy is, but each person overcomes different obstacles in their lives, and so creates his or her own type of Parkour. Just as trickers and martial artists will have physically different tendencies in their Parkour movements, in the philosophical sense, each person develops their own type of Parkour as they overcome obstacles (or run from them, or become buried by them) in their lives. So the physical training of Parkour is a symbol of the goal of every traceur. Parkour is intended to shape and develop one into better and more equipped a person, and to give them the ability to flourish and empower their lives by training and adapting and overcoming new obstacles.
Parkour!
ParkourNinja.com!
Parkour!

Offline Kegandiz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
cheap essays ghostwriters for hire online
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 11:29:18 AM »
Darrell Lane from Honolulu was looking for cheap essays ghostwriters for hire online

Kendrick Newman found the answer to a search query cheap essays ghostwriters for hire online

write my paper

help writing custom definition essay on shakespeare
top creative writing ghostwriter websites for college
100 word story competition 2018 yellowknife
paid essay writing service order
example of 10 page research paper chicago style
romeo and juliet criticism essay
o levels english essays
best presentation editing website for university
top school research proposal help
topics for 100 word essay research
Perception Of Color
easy 10 page research paper topics ideas
ideas for anatomy research paper
10000 words essay kannada language meaning
write my popular school essay on shakespeare
best masters essay proofreading service for phd
outline for term paper
thesis on education for sustainable development
123 help essay free
custom problem solving editing website uk
what goes in the introduction paragraph of an essay

persuasive essay topics
essay writing service
argumentative essay topics

term paper on anger management
Petrys Paukenschlag_Protestpartei AfD spaltet sich
research paper on ehlers danlos syndrome
The Effect of IT on the Business World
what is a personal biographical essay
senses essay topic
how to write a proper college application essay hour
essay writing service gumtree qld
cite essay in textbook
goi peace foundation essay competition 2011
100 college essays examples board ap world history past papers
custom admission paper writer sites uk
professional essay ghostwriting services for school
mla format of term paper
a level graphics coursework ideas
professional creative writing ghostwriting website for school
Introduction Ionizing Radiation
traffic essay in gujarati
best course work writer services ca
custom dissertation conclusion editor site usa
top rhetorical analysis essay editor services online
the eloquent essay
150 words essay on generation gap review
order cheap definition essay on usa

julius caesar 2 page essay act 1 quizlet
best school essay ghostwriters sites for school
latest research papers chemistry
The Unfinished Dream of Martin Luther King Jr.
100 word essay on computer virus
1 page essay on mahatma gandhi in hindi english for class 10
for writing college admission essay

Offline GalenDiz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
10000 word essay converter generator
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019, 12:43:44 PM »
Pierce Wells from Madera was looking for 10000 word essay converter generator

Jairo Tucker found the answer to a search query 10000 word essay converter generator

10000 word essay converter generator

student doctor essay 101
happiness is a value worth pursuing essay
The Equality of Man and Morals
ensaios gostosas
dissertation research grants fsu
1 page essay on civil rights movement ideas
math challenges for the critical thinker answers
best definition essay editing for hire
101 persuasive essay layout zip code
anorexia paper thesis
esl book review editor websites for university
write my own essay asap
dare essay requirements
best essay writing service reddit june
programming homework help us
Nuovo Cinema Paradiso
how to write a great essay introduction my family
how to write an interesting college essay reflection
steps to writing a research paper in apa format
thesis sentence practice
cheap term paper ghostwriters for hire us
loyola college essay
100 words essay on if i were a bird of 300
descriptive essay person example
example sample senior thesis
cheap research proposal proofreading service for college
essay title page maker
help with  top critical essay on hacking
123 essay macbeth dagger
best argumentative essay ghostwriter website online
100 words essay paragraph mahatma gandhi in hindi 400
3rd grade math problems
how to write an effective college essay know if yourself
100 college essay mentor reviews questions and answers
2 page essay is how many words in one line
short paper computer science 9th class 2014 lahore board in english
help with my top creative essay
essays for of mice and men loneliness
custom letter writer site us
english research paper guidelines
Impact of the Great War on Germany
business plan trading companies
top custom essay ghostwriters sites us
top mba essay ghostwriters website uk
write me professional business plan online

Offline obsencebot

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • M4a  M4b  MP3
Free M4a To MP3 Converter 9.three Construct 81
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 03:17:32 AM »
Free M4a to MP3 Converter - ,               mp3.    mp3  m4a     aac, m4a, m4b (), 3gp, m4r, mp4     MPEG4.  ,    mp3      wav-.
      ,         .   CD to MP3 Converter:   ,          mp32m4a windows CD  MP3  WAV      :             ,    MIDI     ,   MP3  WAV.
           thirteen .   ,             thirteen .   ??    .       2-three  .     1 .        20 ,     2   10,    thirteen  7.
  MP3   ,         .  ,     ,    MP3 ,   MP3    . ,   ,  , MP3   256 /  WAV   1411 /,    ,     WAV    . ,          ( ,     ..),       .     ,     ,    .    MP3          .
    ReplayGain-scan output files as albums, ,   ,     , ..        .          lossless- (  ,    mp3 -       ).
M4A     iPod     QuickTime. ,    ,      .  .mp3Music FileMP3    ,    CD            . MP4  M4A    ,   MPEG-four .
  WMA . ,       iTunes.  File,  Add to Library.    ,   .         .       ,     :   WMA,   MP3.
 M4A:   ,    MPEG-4,  ,        ,  ,   Superior Audio Coding (AAC) ,  Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC). M4A     MP4,         MPEG-4.   , M4A     .
Xilisoft FLV Converter 6.0.3.0419 -      FLV.   DivX, XviD, WMV, 3GP, MPEG, MP4, M4V, ASF, RM, RMVB, MOV, VOB, AVI, MP2, MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, RA, WMA, OGG, APE, CUE, audio CD   .      FLV  SWF.    ,   ,        ,        .

Offline Onenaccinc

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Merge Audio
Join Audio Tracks Free
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 01:54:31 PM »
If you have multiple audio track that it's essential splice collectively, take a look at this tutorial. If in case you have just a few little MP3 files that you just wish to splice and join, then using a free online music editor is a much better thought. You don't have to put in any software program and since you can save the mission online, you may edit it from anyplace on any pc.
You may always get the exact output high quality as wanted. This system gives incessantly used presets as well as detailed parameter settings embody frequency, bitrate, variety of channels, etc. These presets let you perceive how every parameter modifies the sound. You may adjust the parameters manually or select the preset if you're aware of the audio parameters and knows exactly what you need.
To save time and avoid any problem, listed below are three of the finest ways to merge audio recordsdata into one. All of these three strategies perform nicely, yet a unique instrument is used for every one in every of them. Take a look at these methods as I talk about them below, and choose the most appropriate one for your self.
MP3Cut does exactly what the name suggest: it helps you to minimize MP3 information. Don't fret, it helps about one hundred fifty audio codecs, so for those who're not utilizing an MP3, you'll be able to nonetheless upload it and lower it. It is free and very simple to use. Simply click merge audio files online on the large blue Open File button and pick your audio file. It'll add routinely and you'll be offered with the sound wave as shown above. Now you just drag the blue bars on either aspect after which click on the Reduce button. Whatever is inside the blue space is what will probably be saved down to your laptop.
Searching for even a more superior on-line music editor capable of dealing with a number of tracks at the identical time? Then has the answer for you. They have a very advanced music studio that can handle pretty much any project you can throw at it. It's so advanced that you will truly must spend time studying about find out how to use it.
Load MP3 recordsdata into Audacity. Once the tracks you may have added are opened, it is advisable to adjust the interval of playback for every of them. To be able to do this, you possibly can drag the blue sliders of every observe with a mouse cursor. Sure! The Merge MP3 download for LAPTOP works on most current Home windows operating systems.
You should utilize this on-line audio merger program to merge MP3 information, merge WAV recordsdata, merge OGG files, merge AAC files or merge M4A files and many others. Concatenating your several music, track, rington, mp3 information to one merge audio files online. Select the audio format to which you'd prefer to convert the consolidated audio file. Click on "Convert" to save lots of changes. Utilizing Freemake Audio Converter, you can convert WMA to MP3 and other audio formats as properly.
Step four Be part of MP3 files Simply click on massive Merge!” button on the decrease proper corner of this system to hitch MP3 information into one in a flash. Supports freely enjoying the next audio formats like Vorbis, AAC, AC3, ALAC, OGG, OGA, MP3, WAV, FLAC, WMA, M4A, M4B, APE, AIFF, MPC, SPX, and so forth.