Author Topic: How do you guys do it?  (Read 14648 times)

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
How do you guys do it?
« on: February 13, 2006, 12:32:02 PM »
Well seeing how NYC just got hit with the biggest snow storm in its history (26.9 inches) there is no where for me to train, well atleast it would seem like that to my untrained eye. so i bring this question to the COPK scene, i figured you guys know how to deal with the snow, and probally can give me  some advice on this, so ... How do you guys do it?

Offline Altimot

• Hirundo Rustica
  • its al (like the name) /tea/ mot (rhymes with not)
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Page
Re: How do you guys do it?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:36:25 PM »
Well, here in CO springs, we go to indoor hot spots. We have a good one here, called tiffany square. Or we go to gyms and train there. Other than that there is not much els parkour-like that you can do. except maybe some flips into the snow, lol. :P.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 12:51:15 PM »
Well, like Altimot said, we have a fairly nice indoor hotspot, then we have the gym.  We also have quite a few places at school where we mess around during lunch.  Then of course when you are really snowed in you have time for the WODs ;).
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 03:09:59 PM »
That is a false stereotype of Colorado. People think its all snowy and cold here in the winter but that is pretty false for the most part. The central and northeast USA have way worse winters. The denver area gets 300 days of sun a year, so even when it does snow, a lot of it usually melts within a few days.

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 03:20:30 PM »
Ya that is true, most of the time it isn't really a big deal.  Though ice tends to stick around a bit longer, and thats what really messes you up.  Snow has pading, ice just makes you slip and hurt yourself :P.  But even with ice we really don't have a very big problem, it's just an annoyance for a few days. 

Quote from: Demon
The central and northeast USA have way worse winters.
Ya it kinda seems like we should be asking you this question ;)

Quote from: Demon
The denver area gets 300 days of sun a year, so even when it does snow

Oh ya, well the Colorado Springs area gets 301 days of sun a year..... ;)
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Quazar

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Whatup my Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 05:02:53 PM »
Hahaha,

Hey man just think of it as, God just padded your urban playground for you ;D

Just beware of sharp protrusions buried under the snow, and don't excpect the top of the snow line to stop you, the ground is still coming!:o ouch

If that all fails just throw snowballs at cars while vaulting and call it pk  (bad advice)

"In heaven, we'll all freerun with Jesus"
                           ..."His Kongs are off the hook!"

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 05:09:25 PM »
haha, i know that we get alot of snow i just figured you guys had it WAYYY worse, and after reading these comments i am know worse off then i was. lol, jk, i think im just gonna stick to good old fashion snow running,

thanks anyway