Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 556369 times)

Offline UtahApocalypse

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #340 on: May 07, 2007, 09:53:47 AM »
Hello !

My name is Damon, I am 30 years old and live in the Salt Lake City, Utah area. I have never tried any of this, but it looks like a great way to get into shape. I will be starting to work through the exercises and progress up to parkour. This is being focused on a local news channel later today. I hope that I am able to carefully, safely and with allot of fun learn this !!

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #341 on: May 07, 2007, 07:45:33 PM »
Hello! I go by Muse_of_Fire, or MoF for short. I live in Madison, Wisconsin, and have just started parkour. I'm 32 and female, so I imagine that puts me kind of out of the normal demographic. I'm starting slowly: mostly just doing the APK warmups and some running. I am also a professional ballet dancer so I work the APK warmup around my ballet training schedule. This means my parkour training is progressing *very* slowly but that's okay with me. I'd rather do it right and slow than rush things and do it wrong.

I would love to find some other people in the area to train with. I'll be checking out the Wisconsin forum soon enough; just thought I'd say hello here first.

Also, I am a French teacher so if anyone is interested in pronunciation or anything with regard to some of the names of various moves, I'm happy to help (although the resources on this site are already very thorough and great).

Lastly, big thanks to whatever magical power got this forum to work for me. I was having trouble registering and then suddenly, voila, here I am. This community so far has impressed me with its positive, supportive vibe. I'm glad to be a part of it and hope to contribute well.

It's a pleasure to meet you all. *waves and smiles*
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Prescient

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2007, 11:11:07 AM »
Sup guys,

Ryan from the LV here. (That's Las Vegas for you guys under 21 :)

I like martial arts and running.

Offline kwazi

• Patas
  • "Now its a monkey car"
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2007, 05:24:54 PM »
Kwazi here, from Florida. I'm new, but enthusiastic, but not about my surroundings. The buildings here are just like the geography... Flat.
I am the young man, full of strength and hope,
Tangled in that ancient endless chain
Of profit, power, gain, of grab the land!
Of grab the gold! Of grab the ways of satisfying need!
Of work the men! Of take the pay!
Of owning everything for one's own greed!

Offline Jon Hurst

• Patas
  • cuerpo fuerte, mente sano
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2007, 03:57:49 AM »
Hey. Jon here from Salisbury, Maryland. First heard about parkour 3 weeks ago. I can do a rudimentary roll, speed vault, and lazy vault. Tried a monkey vault for the first couple times yesterday. Most turned into speed vaults. The last one I caught my feet and faceplanted into the grass. Gonna try again today head down and hips up.

[edit 5/13]Worked! 6 successful monkey vaults and no faceplants! :D[/edit]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 06:54:59 PM by daedalus921 »

Offline Newtown

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Hello everybody, i'm Newtown and I own you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 12, 2007, 04:14:48 PM »
Hello, i'm Newtown. I don't do parkour alot, but I do Free running tons. I like to incorperate skateboard and rollerblade moves into my running, with stuff like plants, gaps, grabs, spins, and some times, railslides. I hope I enjoy my stay here!

Offline ARES^34

• Guenons
  • Deny yourself, take up your cross, follow Him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2007, 03:18:27 PM »
hey yall, this is Jesse, aka ARES34 (Ares because I think it's a sweet name, and 34 because that happens to be my jersey number)
I'm a college football player who needs to be much more agile, flexible, and who just watched District b13. but seriously, I want to incorporate Parkour into my life as a way to improve my ability on the field and a way to have fun.
I'm working on the basics right now here at me casa. I live in a little bitty town so I'm not going to be jumping off any skyscrapers any time soon, so you vets have no need to fret.
cheers
"No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me...from life's first cry, to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny."

Offline Darkwone

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2007, 04:30:26 PM »
Hey guys, Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums... The name is george, im 17, and hail from NYC.  I just started parkour and am kinda in the starting stages....just wanted to say hi

Offline ComebackKid

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2007, 05:46:48 PM »
Uhhhhh...I'm Joe, and I'm from Ohio...and uhhh...can someone just point me in the direction of the bathrooms please?

Offline FreeStyleFox

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2007, 07:22:44 PM »
Near the Buckeye board after that you can come hang with all of us cool Indiana traceurs and free runners.
"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem."  David Carradine
May the flow be with you.  ~~FreeStyleFox

"A title and a few perks dont mean much. It takes nothing but a little thought and time to get your point across in a peaceful manner."

Offline The Logic Theorist

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 14, 2007, 08:58:19 AM »
Sup everyone.  I -finally- managed to get an account registered on here, after trying for months.

I'm Phill.  I live in NE DC a little less than a mile from the Primal Fitness gym (lucky me, right?).  I'm extremely new to Parkour, but I'm in the boot camp sessions Primal Fitness has going on and I hope to get outside on concrete and bust up my shins fairly soon.

I'm also on a competition Rock Climbing team for a climbing gym in the area, so between Climbing and Parkour I manage to be sore or hurting somewhere pretty much all the time. 

If you're in the DC area or frequent Primal Fitness, feel free to hit me up sometime.

VAKong

« Reply #351 on: May 14, 2007, 09:07:50 AM »
Whats goin on everybody?  My name is Stephen Chafee.  I live in the Richmond VA area.  Haven't seen to many (maybe two other) traceurs here in Richmond.  I've been practicing parkour for about a month now so don't expect too much of me just yet haha.  If any of you Richmonders see this feel free to PM me or something! 

Algie

« Reply #352 on: May 21, 2007, 08:00:55 PM »
I'm algie!

aka alex griffin.

I'm one of the few traceurs from washington, if i can call myslef one, i only started about a week ago.

anyway i love parkour, ever since i've started its all i've been doing.

and, i train with my buddies zach and kevin in the small town of moses lake. Unfortunately theres not a whole lot of obstacles in a small town. Which kinda sucks. but whatever. We'll probly head over to spkane and stuff just to run once we get our liscences.

anyway thats all.

Offline stevegray

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 22, 2007, 09:25:04 AM »
Steve here, aged 17 years.  I'm an assistant instructor in Japanese Yoshukai-style karate (getting my certification next month) and I just started learning parkour.  My main practicing area is the high school football stadium and track which is empty until the fall.

Offline 11_ßµ§hî_11

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 24, 2007, 03:53:37 PM »
HI!!
My name's Bushi.... as far as anyone's concerned. I'm actually from Canada. Hope there's no hard feelings there :-\

I love jumping around and making people gasp 'cause they think I'm gonna die. Oh ya... I like fighting too.....  ;D

Nice to meet everyone!!

Offline Cervias

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 29, 2007, 08:40:33 PM »
Hi my name is Tommy, I'm 15 and live in Bethalto Illinois. I just started Parkour a few days ago and today went on my first walk around town looking for things to do. Its a small town here so there isn't really much to do hear except jump some fences and climb things. I train with my friend Josh. If you live around me feel free to hit me up or whatever.

Offline Matthew Menze

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 30, 2007, 10:48:58 AM »
Uhh, Hi... my names Matt...yeah...

I signed up on this website about a year ago, but havn't used the account much till now. Anyways, hello all.

Matt
"With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself
 between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. "

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 30, 2007, 10:43:31 PM »
I'm Muhammad aka Abu-Anwar aka John Howell, from the Columbus Ohio Salafis. All Columbyssinians, holla if ya hear me!

To all my brothers out there in the dunya, salaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu.

Offline LiveToRun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 31, 2007, 01:34:40 PM »
hey all,

the names Patrick but most know me as Villo.

Woodbridge NJ. im lookin for anyone who can run with me.

I love to run, day in and day out i condition and practice.

Offline 3R1C

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 02, 2007, 09:37:39 PM »
I'm Eric