Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 521407 times)

Offline Redbeard The Pink

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Wizard of Staunton
    • View Profile
    • www.RedbeardThePink.com
Greetings, humans!
« Reply #3100 on: November 10, 2015, 04:07:17 AM »
Greetings, humans!

My name is Redbeard The Pink, and I'm posting from Staunton, VA, where I am a wizard, food-server, and amateur athlete, among other things.

I'm one of those people that never really stopped playing and being active. I've always enjoyed going to the woods, the park, or the city and just running, jumping, balancing, and climbing around on stuff. I've never been much good at flips, but I do enjoy a little basic tumbling from time to time (round-offs, cartwheels, rolls, etc.)

Still, I've been entirely too sedentary lately, and so I've elected to begin practicing parkour/freerunning as an actual discipline rather than just going out and screwing around (though, honestly, my play/workouts will always include a healthy measure of going out and screwing around).

I've found Youtube pretty helpful in familiarizing myself with the movements, but I've found that when practicing any skill it's usually best to have a community of some kind for support, information, and feedback, so here I am. I hope to be a good contributor and (eventually) a passable traceur.

Happy jumping!

Offline Drop Box

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #3101 on: December 06, 2015, 10:29:21 PM »
Heeeeeeeellllllloooooooooo world! It's time to meet the lamest person in existence :D (me!)
I am from Wittmann Arizona (dirt dirt and more dirt!) i am "semi-athletic" according to most and have had no formal or informal training the only things i know are the basic vaults i have used and a very very rough precision jump (if you could call it that) i know a mostly proper way of land that reduces the force of impact, while being able to keep up my speed i have about a 6 foot standing jump and can jump up about a hip high ledge with speed (i stand about 5' 10") i am placing myself in the very capable hands of the community! Bye for now :D

Offline a person who parkours

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: December 11, 2015, 11:35:50 AM »
Hello, people, I am Dalton and I have been doing parkour for a while in the state of Illinois. I'm happy to be here.

Offline Keepgoin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: December 13, 2015, 08:24:15 PM »
Hi guys ,

Jason here :) new to parkour and i want to learn more :)
17 years of age , 18 on next month :) im from summerville , south carolina
I want to learn more and make friends here but its hard to find a good park here in summerville
We just moved here from goose creek :)

Offline Natureboy19

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: December 14, 2015, 01:33:35 PM »
Hello!!!

I'm Seth

Interests: sports, hanging out with friends, reading

Offline Norman Shock

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: January 18, 2016, 12:05:13 PM »
This Norman SHOCK! Sports Center in Norman, OK. We have provided parkour instruction for ages ages 8 to adult since 2012.  The facility is 9000 sqft with a spring floor, many mats/obstacles and a foam pit. First class is free so if you are in the area, stop by!

Offline TMBFan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: January 18, 2016, 04:35:44 PM »
Hey everybody. My name is Xander and I'm fairly new to parkour and figured it'd be cool to connect with a bunch of other people since I don't know anybody else around me that is into parkour and freerunning. I currently live in Louisville, Kentucky.

Offline NickFury01gsr

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: January 26, 2016, 12:42:48 PM »
What's up guys,
New to apk forum but not new to apk or pk. Just figured it was about time I got on here. Love pk and have practiced it moderately for about 3 years with the LA tech parkour club in Ruston, LA. Looking forward to reaching new heights with this awesome sport. Kind had a renewed motivation for the sport this winter so as it warms up i hope to start training hard again and get past a lot of those big fears and start really getting somewhere.

Nick

Offline CannibalCrow

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Vegan Weeb
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr blog?
« Reply #3108 on: January 27, 2016, 08:24:57 PM »
hey guys. i'm happy to find a community like this. i live near bristol, virginia. i don't know anyone on here, but it would be great to make some new friends. i've been interested in parkour for a while now, and i've recentl worked on getting in better shape. it's hard practicing around here, but if anyone is near me, shoot me a message and maybe we could practice together.
Multitasking interests and careers impulsively and passionately 24/7

Offline TommyHav

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: January 30, 2016, 08:10:54 AM »
My name is Tommy I've been training for three years and I'm looking for any sort of community in Ocala, Florida I don't care how long you've been training or your skill level just need someone to jump with I train on an almost daily basis and am yet to see anyone else jumping on things please call or text if you train in the area as well my number is 352-470-8421

Offline RockParkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: February 17, 2016, 06:12:52 AM »
Hey all! I live in Illinois and I?ve been training since August 2015

Offline peterparker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • drew (and the night, and the music)
« Reply #3111 on: March 02, 2016, 07:12:56 AM »
hey everyone, new here and new to parkour.  learned about it years ago after talking to this man while i was working on a movie set about 3 years ago but only did some research on it because my interest was peaking in other mentally and physically edifying activities (at the time, i was interested a lot in wing chun and ended up studying tai chi and shaolin kung fu at a school in the city i live in).  right now, i'm really interested in reading as much information and watching and learning about body control and movement so my interests in parkour resurfaced and i'm trying to learn as much as i can.

i'm looking forward to reading the discussions and participating as well with the community here
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:38:49 AM by peterparker »

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: March 02, 2016, 07:21:54 AM »
hey everyone, new here and new to parkour.  learned about it years ago after talking to this man while i was working on a movie set about 3 years ago but only did some research on it because my interest was peaking in other mentally and physically edifying activities (at the time, i was interest a lot in wing chun and ended up studying tai chi and shaolin kung fu at a school in the city i live in).  right now, i'm really interested in reading as much information and watching and learning about body control and movement so my interests in parkour resurfaced and i'm trying to learn as much as i can.

i'm looking forward to reading the discussions and participating as well with the community here

Great to see you here! If you have any questions feel free to start a post or PM me!
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline alexoneal98

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: March 10, 2016, 07:42:50 AM »
Hello im alex

I used to do parkour and freerunning all the time but i started moving alot and i wasn't able to stay in a area long enough to find a spot a train but i am from california and im trying to get back into parkour so if anybody wants to give advice feel free to  :)

Offline Stryder393

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: March 10, 2016, 11:20:29 AM »
Hi everyone :D

My name is Luke
I live in York Haven PA
I have been training for about 4-5 months now.
I can wait to meet others who do parkour :)

"Parkour is for those who live it, not for those who want to live because of it." - David Belle

Offline ccat70541

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: March 16, 2016, 08:57:24 PM »
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:01:24 PM by ccat70541 »

Offline Isatari

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: March 20, 2016, 10:36:06 PM »
I am new to parkour and am totally from the US (not). My sole purpose here is to inquire practitioners of perfecting my form, moves and overcoming mental barriers. I am currently unable to perform dash or kong vaults (due to my lack of fitness), and obviously no variants of flips or tricks (save a poor excuse for a B-kick). I have a relative amount of experience with Asiatic martial arts, but am still a novice at my current school.

Offline Scrccn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: April 26, 2016, 07:24:03 AM »
Hi!

My name is Ben, I'm from France, near Paris. I'm interested in Parkour and I'm willing to share with you something that might help you showcasing your runs! I'll try to post in the right section!

Offline urbancatalyst

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: May 05, 2016, 08:27:08 PM »
Heya! I'm pretty new to parkour. I started about a month ago and I've already made a ton of progress! I'd like to have someone to talk to about things whenever I need help, because I have no one here to help me unfortunately, haha. I'm excited to be on this parkour journey with all of you! :D

Offline Brian2524

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: May 06, 2016, 01:00:57 PM »
Hello. I'm new here.

Wazzup