Author Topic: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!  (Read 539598 times)

Offline AMPA

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Thread - New Members please announce here!
« Reply #3040 on: March 24, 2015, 09:19:45 AM »
Hi, I'm Nicolas, I'm 16 and I live in Argentina.

I have been interested in Parkour and freerunning before I even knew it's name. But I have rarely practiced, mainly because I didn't have someone to practice with ( practicing alone is a bitch ) and I didn't have where to practice. Yeah, my city is very unsafe and you are probably gonna get robbed at night. All I did was some random movements when I was walking around and I saw a good spot.
There was a parkour group in mi city but I didn't join it because I was shy and proud. For me, it was better if I have gotten good at parkour alone, than with somebody. I would consider it more of an achievement.

Now I went to one of this group's meetings and I loved it. I practiced speeds and monkeys. I am waiting for the next meeting.
( how often do you train ?  )

The main reason I join this community is to share progress, experiences, ideas, feelings with guys like me and more advanced practitioners, to ask advice, and to find people who like urban climbing. I like to be on a high place and just to be there. The view, the wind, the feeling of being a step above...

I started practicing Northern Shaolin Kung Fu two years ago, and now I'm practicing Brazilian JJ and I wanna practice Muay Thai, because I think knees and elbows are very good weapons we have and I don't learn how to use them in Kung Fu. Just to be a more complete fighter. And yeah, I like fights. Not nightclubs fights but programmed fights, with rules and more cooled situations.

Offline greatest4

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: March 29, 2015, 01:06:48 PM »
Hello all my name is Adonis. Im 17 and im from California. I'm pretty new to parkour. I play football so I'm very fast on my feet. There aren't any places near me that I can practice at besides a kiddy park. I need help because I really have no clue what I'm doing. Thanks.

Offline jbond006

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: March 29, 2015, 09:17:36 PM »
Hi.

Name's Jake Bond. If you dont believe me I can show you my drivers license.  :)

I live in Lawrenceville, GA and really interested in starting to train with parkour. Also I love Assassin's Creed.

Offline Jameson McLeod

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Need to train, winter is over and son is 7 months.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: March 31, 2015, 03:09:02 PM »
Hello,

I'm from Lawton, OK

I've been training in Enid, OK since November 2014.
Soon I'll be staying in Lawton more frequently. There has been a lot of benefits since I've started Parkour and I am hoping the city I live in will give it a go too.
Need to train.

In Williston, ND

Offline Skylar.Layne

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Parkour Till You're Old And Broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: April 01, 2015, 05:55:57 AM »
Heyo, I'm Skylar, which is an alias I have gone by since the days of childhood, when I thought it was cool to flat out lie to people about my name. I'm an impulsive, tattoo and body modification loving free-runner, with no sense of personal safety. Survival instincts? Screw 'em. I'm from Arkansas, in the river valley area, and I do not and have never ran with anyone on this lovely website, much to my displeasure.

Offline Odzic

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Doing harder makes me better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: April 03, 2015, 03:58:05 AM »
Yo! I train for about 6 months now, tho im injured curently so i cant train. Im from Serbia, Europe :P

Offline jubzella

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: April 04, 2015, 07:48:10 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm Julian and I'm brand new to parkour. I have a friend who has been teaching me but he's pretty new to it too. I'm pumped to learn from you all

;D ;D

Offline RagingPanda93

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: April 05, 2015, 12:17:29 PM »
Hey ya'll... Josiah from Lancaster, PA area. I was into the whole parkour thing back in high school but it's been a few years now and I've fallen out of it. Tried getting back into the sport a couple times over the past 2 years but could never stay healthy or motivated. I recently started myself on a new diet and fitness routine. After a week of the new lifestyle I'm feeling a good bit better. I have always been self-conscious of my weight; although Im not that big I am a tad overweight. I'm 23 and feel its damn time to get into at least decent shape.

Offline elizabethashley

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
New Member Mississippi Youth
« Reply #3048 on: April 06, 2015, 08:01:35 AM »
Hello. We are moving to Jackson, MississippI from Austin. I have an 8yo son who has been doing parkour for a year. I don't see any gyms listed in MS so I'm hoping to connect with someone who may be willing to teach my son as well as other parents with kids looking for someone to parkour with in the area.

Thank you!

Offline zfalconer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: April 06, 2015, 01:23:43 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Z Falconer, or Z
Recently started training so I can get into parkour. I've been interested in it for a while, but until recently, I've been a lazy couch potato. Want to get into parkour to fix that (and because it's amazing)

I live in the Ballwin/ St. Louis area. Would love to make some local connections. Friends and encouragement are always welcome!

Excited to start meeting some of you.
~Z

Offline riverrunner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: April 14, 2015, 03:17:13 PM »
Yo! I'm Jason. Just moved to LA this year and started training at Tempest Academy.

Offline Jaden_H2000

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: April 15, 2015, 09:27:18 AM »

I'm jaden
My location is Oregon I haven't done actual parkour but I have done simple things. I want to start learning this summer I heard about a place called revolution parkour in the Portland area I'm 14, and I have wanted to do parkour for a very long time and highly considering it. 

Offline Adrian13 Pk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: April 17, 2015, 07:25:45 AM »
Hi I'm Adrian Umh I live in Louisvile Kentucky
I have nobody to practice Parkour With
I'm 13  I love to do Free running
 I started a month Ago And I've gotten pretty good 😏
 APK all Day Everyday
Young AKP

Offline jube13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: April 17, 2015, 08:50:10 AM »
Hi im Juho from Finland.

My parkour level is beginner. I just started.

I hope someone have tips for beginners.

If you have so tell me.

Im listening.

Offline Xanxus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: April 17, 2015, 01:59:22 PM »
Hello! I have recently started in park our and wish to learn more from experienced individuals. I usually go to my local parks to practice but no one else in my city practices free runs so I don't really have a partner or group. I enjoy learning new things and playing guitar. I like anime, music, reading, and sports. When I am older I plan on going to the Air Force Academy and joining the military.

Offline jayprev97

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: April 26, 2015, 10:24:37 AM »
    Hey guys,  ;D  :D  ::)

My name is Jason and I am a beginner traceur. I am still getting use to the basics and practicing jumps at my local park. I decided to pursue parkour because I wanted an activity to keep me physical fit for my freshman year of college to beat the freshmen 15. I haven't made anything official yet but I will most likely be going to George Washington University in D.C..
Right now I am mostly looking for workouts to get that parkour body. I am not chubby, but certainly could use some dedicated exercise. If any of you have any suggestinon and advice for a newbie msg me.

Offline VerticalLimit

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Just starting, always learning, never stopping
    • View Profile
    • Check out my instagram:
« Reply #3056 on: April 27, 2015, 01:58:24 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Daniel and I'm as new as one can be with parkour, but committed to training and improving as much as I can. I love this stuff and can't wait to get more into it, as well as connecting with other people with similar interests on this forum.

I'm located in eastern Iowa, and I can't wait to to dig deep and start working. Cheers!  :)
I'm new to parkour and freerunning, I'm athletic and dedicated, excited to join this movement and looking for help where I can get it.

Check out my instagram for my urban photography and upcoming parkour videos: https://instagram.com/danielburgess_/

Offline Wxiba

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: April 29, 2015, 07:54:28 AM »
Alright, I'm ZackJack, I'm 18, have been doing minor parkour for about 8 years (didn't have a name for it until recently though), and have pretty recently gotten into doing it regularly. I'm pretty blessed, 8 years of it without broken bones or stitches.

Offline miggesnaoz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: May 07, 2015, 08:45:21 AM »
Hey I'm Migge or Mikael whicever you prefer, I'm 15 and just got started with parkour since it seems like a really good activity for burning fat and building leg muscles and such.

I'm from a place called Klippan in southern Sweden, this place doesn't have alot so it's pretty quiet here. Although we have ALOT of judgmental people so I'm expecting to be laughed at while learning parkour.

In my freetime I gym to lose fat and build muscle for activities such as soccer, hockey etc.

I've been overweight my whole life so let's see if this activity can help me change that, glad to be here.

Offline Sarah_mines

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: May 11, 2015, 03:51:07 AM »
Hello everyone ...
 ...i'm a girl..Name is Sarah..i,m from Pakistan.(everything available on google u know  ;) )
the reason behind joining this site is to get some tips to start parkour ,,i know many of people here would ask the same question that how to start it...and i also have visited many websites about it..i got different stuff from everywhere...and confused now -_-..in my country i hardly know anyone who does parkour ..so no chance of any instructions or coaching :( ..
so i guess this is why i,m here ..