Author Topic: Questions for a begginer  (Read 5423 times)

Offline botticelli

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Questions for a begginer
« on: September 23, 2006, 06:25:53 PM »
I have alot of Question  :)

1.) I have extremly flat feet will this effect me at all?

2.) I have a "arch support" that goes in my shoe does anyone know if this will hurt me in parkour or will it add shock absorb?

3.) Would a "home gym" be better for this sport or sould i stick to other type work outs?

4.) What distance do you recommend i be able to jump before I attemped my first trick?

5.) How much weight would you recommend i be able to lift?

6.) are there any item that would help protect my ankle?

7.) How long so i condition myself before i attemp my first trick?

8.) second which is the best site for tricks?

Thank you for your answers

Offline CyanideSoda

• Puntastic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I didn't know you could put words here.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for a begginer
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 02:03:19 PM »
Wow. I didn't think about any of those things before i did parkour. I just decided i would do it, and did it. Nothing major mind you. But i started landing, rolling, and vaulting day one. No preperation. Not just that but i was out of shape. So i wouldn't worry to much about how much you can lift and how far you can jump. As for the shoe thing i don't see it being to much of a problem.

The ReTraining Logs of CyanideSoda
  Post constructive comments please.

Offline Cody G.

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/codymg
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 05:44:30 PM »
hi i have been practicing the art of parkour for about 3 years now and i have increased my level allot and think that i can give you some helpefull advice for your parkour.

1. i know someone that has flat feet and he can do high falls and flips and what not so i dont think that it will affect you to much but i might ask your docktor or something and see if that kind of physical activity is ok.

2. as long as the arch support is soft and not hard it will be ok, just watever feels most comfortable    i actualy use arch support to sometimes so i dont think that it will be a prob.
3. i live in oklahoma and my crew and i go downtown and run every weekend and when i am not in okc training i am at my house training on home maid vaulting rales, pressure land gaps, cat leaps, tick tacks, flips, balance, and mental as well as physical strength, so all in all my physique and training is pretty important to me, and if i were you i would start with baisics, no life or death jumps, and gradualy increas at a pace that is most comfortable for you ;) if you have any questions on how to make home maid equipment that just ask                  ohh and i also go to a gymnastics gym and train there too for the moor complicated flips and trick and what not
4.doesent realy matter as long as you do tricks that are not to advanced, like      if you can jump 8 ft.   dont try a 9 ft. gap            pretty much common sence
5. wheights dont matter as much as physical(own body weight) training does but they can be usefull              i would recommend just going out and seeing what your stenghths and weaknesses are then bais your workouts on that
6. i advise athletical tape and you can buy special ankle braces or wrist, elbow etc. so you can try some of those that should protect you enough.
7.whenever you feel most confident in your skills but even if you have not conditioned at all and you are slightly fit for your body size than the baisics vaults, gaps etc. should be able to be drilled and practiced.
8. i realy like davidbelle.com, cyrilraffaelli.com, chasearmitage.com, urbanfreeflow.com, and r-evolution.be.cx 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 06:28:26 PM by pkmonkey »
"I refer to my hands, feet and body as the tools of the trade. The hands and feet must be sharpened and improved daily to be efficient." Bruce Lee

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/codymg

Offline Cody G.

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/codymg
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 06:09:25 PM »
if you need any more answers feel free to ask because i am more than happy give good advice
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 07:57:48 PM by pkmonkey »
"I refer to my hands, feet and body as the tools of the trade. The hands and feet must be sharpened and improved daily to be efficient." Bruce Lee

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/codymg