Author Topic: Out of Comission  (Read 2710 times)

Offline John [sss24] Chadwell

• Patas
  • I didn't do it officer.
    • View Profile
Out of Comission
« on: November 17, 2007, 09:22:40 AM »
Well, I can not do parkour till baseball is over, but we only have 1 more game and tryouts on the 19th >:( >:( :( :(
Break free for the bloody shackles of society, and flow like water in a river. We Are Free.

''We take the bridge, at dawn''

You are getting arrested for doing kongs in a precision only zone.

Go with the flow-HA, I am the flow.

Offline Charlie" Frontflip" Chase

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Comission
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 01:14:14 PM »
Thats shitty, i wouldnt let any other sport get in the way o parkour but then again i only do parkour :p
What you see depends on what you're looking for.
What is worse Ignorance or Apathy?
I don't know and i don't care.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 05:55:58 PM »
yeah man, my future is baseball
Break free for the bloody shackles of society, and flow like water in a river. We Are Free.

Offline psycosis12

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 04:25:27 PM »
What "other" sport?  :-Sarcasm

Offline Charlie" Frontflip" Chase

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 08:42:49 AM »
What "other" sport?  :-Sarcasm
Good point, there are no other sports.
What you see depends on what you're looking for.
What is worse Ignorance or Apathy?
I don't know and i don't care.

Offline Fiddlinboy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 07:23:43 PM »
Why the heck can't you practice parkour and baseball at the same time?  Maybe it's just me, but it seems like everybody makes all the excuses in the world not to practice.  Even if it's only 30 minutes a day or vaulting over walls and railings to and from classes, you can ALWAYS practice parkour.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 07:39:18 PM »
i always train when i can as much as i can but i have been playing basball since i was 4 and i love it(not so much my coaches) but i started pk to get my fat behind into shape.every staurday i play a game of extreme pk tag.

*i know about 5 people are gonna say that pk is THE sport and is the only one one can do*

Offline schuby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 08:29:33 PM »
Why the heck can't you practice parkour and baseball at the same time?  Maybe it's just me, but it seems like everybody makes all the excuses in the world not to practice.  Even if it's only 30 minutes a day or vaulting over walls and railings to and from classes, you can ALWAYS practice parkour.

Ok...well obviously you have never played football, and even if you have then you shouldn't have made this ludicrous statement. Football, as do many other sports, take up your life. I'll give you an example, which is my high school football team's schedule.
Summer lifting 9:30-11:00, 11:00-11:30 speed conditioning, weekly practices Wednesday's at 5:00, roughly 3 camps a year, one in early July(one day), one in early August(Kearney, Nebraska) and one in late August(two-a-days for 2 weeks). Then during the year, school+everyday practices, games Friday or Saturday till December if we get far in the playoffs. Also, coaches throw bitch fits if you put any other sport in the way of football. If someone came back with a hurt anything, the first question on the coaches mind was "Why did you do something stupid like that, and how dare you have a life outside football!" Then they didn't start you for a couple weeks after you weren't hurt, cause your mind obviously wasn't on the game. Then from early December to the start of second semester, you had off. So yes, we could practice Pk then. And then, starting in January, we had lifting everyday after school from about 3:30 to 5:00. Then in early May, we had spring practices from 3:30 to 6:00, until summer.

Now after all that, believe me when I say the last thing on your mind is "I need to go practice pk." The thing on your mind is SLEEP!!! And I'm sure, since sss24 is of high school age, the schedule is just as hectic, except with about 5 times as many games as football as. And summer baseball. So don't give him crap for it.

Offline Fiddlinboy

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 05:09:56 AM »
No, I never played baseball or football in highschool (I was homeschooled), so I can't speak from personal experience.  Sorry if that came across as a "ludicrous" statement.

The way I see it, there are plenty of parkour practitioners in the police department, fire department, armed forces, etc.  If a US Marine can find time and energy to practice around his life, it seems highly likely that a highschooler could around baseball practice.

Again, I have no personal experience, so simply ignore me if you don't agree.  :)

In life, you do what you love.  If you love baseball, you will play it.  If you love parkour, you WILL find a time and a way to practice it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 05:12:13 AM by Fiddlinboy »
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Offline Acewall

• Mangabey
  • He's half black!.....No, he's 50%!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 04:31:12 PM »
^^
I agree. If there was a really hot, smart, funny girl that you started going out with during football/baseball/soccer/basketball you'd probably find time for her. Parkour is no differant than that perfect girl.
"Does this work?...Let's call some bitches."

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 06:36:23 PM »
thank you schuby and the main reason i started pk was also to help my baseball

Offline Alta

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 06:37:58 PM »
Well, I manage to balance Parkour, school, martial arts, homework, chores, and working out... no reason you can't train a little bit here and there.
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

-LaoTsu

Offline --Edge

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • I Am Heaven Sent, Don't You Dare Forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 07:10:31 PM »
Hey Fiddlinboy, I was homeschooled too, imagine that.

But I agree with him, nobody doesn't have half an hour in their day to do allocate to something that is important, but then again, Parkour isn't really something you need to set aside time for. It's a way of thinking, when you're walking out of school, vault over rails, or precision jump curbs, everything. Look at 101 ways to Train Anytime, linkkkkkk http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=7322.0

You don't need to do anything risky so you don't get hurt. But if you start thinking, "Oh I don't have time for Parkour" Then you won't do it at all, even at the times when you could. But as Baseball is your main passion, do whatever you need to follow your bliss mate. I just don't see a reason to stop altogether. I mean, I parkour around my apartment, onto my bed, going to the bathroom. Who doesn't have time for that? I mean come on.
Confucius Say...
Traceur who Vault in front of cars going to get tired.
Traceur who Vault behind cars going to get exhausted.
Traceur who make sloppy Precision Jump to rail, going to Bangkok.
Traceur who is smart never try to Kong a Unicorn.

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 07:24:33 PM »
i do vaults at school but maybe 1-3 because ALL of my classes are on the second floor

Offline Alta

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 08:53:06 PM »
"101 ways to Train Anytime" that was a good article.
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

-LaoTsu