Author Topic: landing a drop/jump  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
Re: landing a drop/jump
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 05:57:53 PM »
Let me rephrase, by compressing, I kind of meant collapsing, and I just wasn't resisting as much as I should have been.

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 06:00:15 PM »
no, what I was saying is that now, with a better jump form and landing technique, I notice my shin muscles absorbing impact from the drop, but not in a bad way, but in a way meaning because of landing on the balls of my feet, it's allowing my muscles to absorb rather than my joints, and I feel my shin muscles being utilized, not just my thighs. I guess it would be the resistance being spread evenly between my shin muscles and my quads.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 06:02:37 PM by Muhammad »

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 06:39:30 PM »
The very first place you will feel impact being absorbed will be, as Muhammad said, the anterior tibialises.  The calves will then engage as you are compressing downward.  Likewise, you will feel the quads absorbing the impact next, and the hamstrings should be engaged as you compress downward.  The posterior chain gets worked because these are the muscles that will be slowing your descent (like doing a negative).
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline argetlam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 12:59:01 PM »
You guys are right, going past 90 is not very bad if you resist. Because seriously if you are doing a large drop you can't help going past 90, so the best thing to do is resist, not colapes.

but it is true that staying above 90 des keep your forword momentu.

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 01:31:52 PM »
I think the dont go passed 90 works when going into a roll after landing...not really...when just doing a regular landing...because if you dont go past 90 when going into a roll you have more momentum to go forward with instead of downward.
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle