Author Topic: imaturity  (Read 8552 times)

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Flippusmn??? ask me then!
    • View Profile
    • http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/OHParkour/
Re: imaturity
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 05:43:04 PM »
mmmhmmm I think that is a dandy idea Demon along with the other one about this same thing. :-\

BTW: People say I have a hot mom and because she is my mom I don't think that and people dawg me because of it so no it wouldn't be cool to have a hot mom. ;)
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline FCBredsox500

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 06:02:15 PM »
Hey demon. How bout not moving it. The idea was the fact that the kid's were immature aBOUT THROWING JIS BOOKBAG UP IN THE BLEACHERS. tHE PART THAT HAS TO DO WITH THIS IS HOW HE USED PARKOUR. OK. GOOD.

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 06:03:35 PM »
ok we can move it. got a little off topic and also i thought it would go ehre because i used parkour to overcome this burden.
Parkour isn't a sport, it's a way of life...

Offline FCBredsox500

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 06:09:23 PM »
I agree with jmanndriver there is no reason to move it because he used to overcome a situation. But whatever you can move it.

Offline The Manilla Gorilla

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Banana Boat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 06:12:26 PM »
ok we can move it. got a little off topic and also i thought it would go ehre because i used parkour to overcome this burden.
I dont mean to be an a**hole but did you even read his post. The great thing about APK is that people actuallly put though into the posts and are usally well thought out, i say usally because we all make the stupid post (espically me in the lexicon forum) but think before you post

Offline FCBredsox500

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 06:16:09 PM »
yes i did read it. I'm just trying to support my best friend. He overcome the situation with parkour. It was great. But i'm sorry.

Offline gmpianoman

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 09:54:05 PM »
Man, i can realate.

Offline The Fallen

• Patas
  • We ain't got no meatballs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006, 12:03:01 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Follow my sweatshirt and be happy!
Animals should not try to act like Humans, But if i want to act like a dolphin who's gonna F%$^&ing stop me?

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 12:39:46 PM »
He did say that but because of this socializing it should be moved into the SOCIALIZE section. Thats just my opinion though.

About this incident... I just had a similar one today and instead of doing the regular thing that i do (parkour to help me out) I just laughed and walked away to only come back later and get it lol. That pretty much pisseed them off and now I'm thinking that this crap won't happen anymore because there is no reason for them to do it.  ;)
Parkour can make you or break you, each of which I have experienced. ~Feel the Flow~ "Don't think with your balls, think with your brain." -Houston

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2006, 09:51:22 AM »
I think that it's really stupid of us to be arguing over where this topic should be (though I do believe that it would be better in socialize), if Demon feels like it should be moved the mor epower to him :)

Anyway, to start off not all 9th graders are imature, I know one freshman who seems to be more mature than the majority of the seniors (cough cough Altimot cough).  But yes most of the freshman are extremely annoying and imature.  When I was a freshman I hated my fellow classmates, they were all just so stupid.  Now that I'm a sophmore I still hate a lot of them since they are still really stupid. 

I think that the reason people make fun of parkour is that they can't do it themselves, or they just don't understand it.  For example at lunch time one of our crew constantly vaults tables in the courtyard of our school.  He is also constantly being made fun of (mostly by fat kids) about how stupid he is for vaulting tables.  The cool thing is he doesn't care whatsoever (peer pressure doesn't seem to affect him).  Some of the more experienced guys in our "crew" have been trying to teach him more "showoff" type things, since all he does are turnvaults.  I knwo that it's probably not a very good way to stop being made fun of, but at least he might earn some respect with them more athletic people, I don't think the fat people will ever give him respect.  But thats the great thing, he doesn't care, he just does it for the enjoyment.  I really wish that I could just forget about peer pressure ;)
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Flippusmn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2006, 12:27:22 PM »
Just one thing Cheetah... when you get to a certain point and you start doing those show off moves but to the point where it is now not showing off and is just normal training they do stop making fun of you unless the kids at your school are just dumb in the head and don't what a cool thing is when they see one ;). I also think that peer pressure is bull crap and it is usually what gets me hurt, but I would never be as good as I am without it and now that I am the pressure doesn't really bother me at all.

BTW:
That pretty much pisseed them off and now I'm thinking that this crap won't happen anymore because there is no reason for them to do it. 

They haven't even bothered me yet but I'm still in the testing stages. :)