Author Topic: Yay Officialy Started  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Valigon

• Patas
  • Death to those who oppose me
    • View Profile
Yay Officialy Started
« on: February 01, 2006, 07:41:04 PM »
OK i just wanted to let everyone know that i have officaly started Parkour, me and Harris (my friend) are going out about every other day and practicing at our local elementary school playground (no where else to practice at.... stupid rural areas) anyway we basicaly could use any advice on finding and or making places to practice since we live in a domintaly rural area (gota go 40 min to get to an urban area, and nither of us have the money to buy gas)

Offline jmanndriver

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: Yay Officialy Started
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 07:44:27 PM »
im in the same situation. i usually go to loading docks they are kool. but you dont want to get caught because it will piss some peeps off. i so wish we had like our own little pk park to go to.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 07:52:03 PM by jmanndriver »
Parkour isn't a sport, it's a way of life...

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 07:48:31 PM »
nice to hear youve gotten sucked into our world! playgrounds are good, you can practice vaults on benches, fences, etc. youll start to see potential everywhere soon enough.

or you can find a job thats close so youcan pk to work... and then have enough money for gas!  ;)

Offline Valigon

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 07:54:54 PM »
Well unfortunaly the only water around here is a small creek i can step over, and we dont have any docks ( though i would have a blast) also id forgoten to ask in my last post but, How long is long enough when you get injured (sprained ankle), or should you just throw on an ace bandage and have a go at your next session.

Offline Yak

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 08:05:08 PM »
I think most will agree with me that rest is the most important part of keeping Parkour in your daily life.  If you don't get rest (heal time), you'll set yourself up for seriousl injury.

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 08:40:04 PM »
yeah, dont worry about getting right back into pk after injury, worry about being 100% again first!

and he said loading docks, like in the back of grocery stores where the big mac trucks go to unload.  ;)

Offline Valigon

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 06:03:48 PM »
oh, i saw was thinking loading docks as in a dock where ships are loaded..... (well i guess anyone coulda mis understood)

Also i will wait till my foot heals before continuing with anything big (probably still gona work on balance though)

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 08:13:06 PM »
Good man, wait until you are 100% to get back into it full on. doesnt mean you have to give it up, just chill on the big stuff. ;)