Author Topic: Daniel Arroyo (The Progression)  (Read 10633 times)

Offline crazymex

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Arroyo (The Progression)
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2007, 08:06:42 PM »
Well said Rican loco, Parkour has no room for B.S. and you have no reason to B.S. us or exaggerate.  My first estimate of the wall you jumped was exactly, pretty freaking tall.   And that makes you, pretty freakin awsome. And your right, I shouldn't judge myself based on what you or other people can do. Other peoples skill levels dont affect mine, that is unless there chasing me.  :P
No excuses, no complaining, pain is weakness leaving the body.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2007, 09:29:31 PM »
I appreciate the support mex loco! They will see when I post the vid tomorrow that I am not B.S. In their defense the wall doesnt look that big on video but when you see it in person it's a whole different story. I am not going to bash anyone on this site anymore because you all do what I love aswell. Jack Rabbit I would love to train with you someday and progress alongside of you! And to everybody else on this site I hope that some day we could all eventually meet and share what we love so dear!
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline Jereme Sanders

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2007, 01:18:07 AM »
So if your progression is such a big deal to you why would you go out of your way to measure a wall just so people would know that you can wall scale such and such height? if its about progression just be happy that you have, and that you've shown it, and stop talking about how many feet or inches anything is, it doesn't matter as you said before, so start practicing what you preach. I also don't agree with how there is no reason to BS or exaggerate, there are plenty of reasons people have to exaggerate ANYTHING(vanity,pride, etc) and that can factor into anything. but maybe thats just my opinion, Nice video by the way, I have seen progression, keep it up
"People may forget what you've done, or said, but they will never forget the way you made them feel."

The Best part of Falling Down is Getting Back Up...

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2007, 02:42:48 AM »
That was professional quality on display. Top notch.

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2007, 02:52:43 AM »
I really really like your turn vault thingie that you did towards the begining, where you kind of jumped over the rail and into the turn vault.

I never even thought about that, I'm going to train it right now.

The trick to landing those lazy-turns is to make SURE you keep your eyes glued to the spot where you want your feet to land, on your way over the bar.

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2007, 02:58:17 AM »
Nope, I have never got hurt at all! I am crazy but I am also smart at the same time! by the way somebody else just gave me a negative! I really dont care about it too much I just would love to know why?

haters get jealous, and the evil eye is real. don't worry, I will give you a plus to even out that negative ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 03:07:15 AM by Muhammad »

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2007, 07:03:59 AM »
your right zujitsu I was just thinking yesterday "how did I even get enveloped in this measurement issue"; And believe me I do practice what I preach! By the way your opinion does matter to an extent! Muhammad I appreciate your responses thanks for the +1!!!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 07:06:39 AM by CrazyRican158 »
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline Jereme Sanders

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
don't know if it merited a triple post though. lol
"People may forget what you've done, or said, but they will never forget the way you made them feel."

Offline Zuxzux

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2007, 07:47:53 PM »
Damn how did I miss this post lol. Awesome video man it really did show your progression. I wish I had background in something like you do but unfortunately this is the first "sport" like activity I've really gotten into. That being said, for trainging somewhere around the same time as me you are much much better lol.

Good job...

BTW who gives a shit how tall the wall is... parkour isn't about showing people up.

I think its hilarious that on his last video when he pointed out the length of the table he got flamed for it but now, when he didn't even bother to make a point of the walls height he's getting flamed for it.

Offline Jereme Sanders

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2007, 12:53:35 AM »
it wasn't making a point on how tall it was that got him flamed its the argument of how tall it is relations to him and the ensuing crap storm of measurement ness. I believe that its less than he says due to personal experience. but what does it really matter in the real world? either you get up the wall and live, find another way, or you fail. People can say what they want but in the real world it doesn't matter, anybody can try and sway people to believe they did this or that or whatever but in the long run  thats not going to matter so I don't feel there is a big reason to worry about it, if he wants to believe he did a wall that high and others want to believe different? let them, no one KNOWS the truth or the factors involved to every degree and arguing it isn't going to prove or disprove anyone unless a third unbiased party where to measure it I say, but that sounds like much ado about nothing. I'd send some constructive criticism your way Daniel but I'm too tired to watch your vid again, maybe later.

sorry about the rambling.

Offline Jereme Sanders

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2007, 01:49:15 AM »
Rolls seemed kinda over the spine at times but might have just been the angles at which they were shot, there isn't anything wrong with punching but learning to step into and out of your  movement has potential to give you more power and makes you seem less "bouncy" . You do stutter step a lot and I heard you saying something about it helping you or something but unless you stutter step all the time just running and walking around, I suggest you try to get rid of the habit, 1 it is a waste of energy, 2 if you are interested in performing or stunt-work things like that they can really nitpick about as they will always know when you are going to do something, 3 when done correctly knowing your steps is a lot more powerful than stuttering.

thats all I can think of just watching it again, keep up the progression, liked your under-bars.

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2007, 05:38:01 AM »
I've been there, and measured it and its 13'3" End of discussion.
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Quote from: Dan Kelley
Don't wear shoes.  Make the pavement bleed.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2007, 07:44:42 AM »
Wow, so no matter if I get a measurement and post it, it wont matter unless somebody that is unbaised measures it! Whatever im done with you guys. Thank You to the ones that have actually given me something to improve on! about my studder stepping; maybe I just need to try out the longer strides more because it just doesnt feel right, eventually I bet it will just feel natural! As for my rolls, I never ever roll on my spine! Thanks again for all the compliments!!!

Kipup

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2007, 12:22:49 PM »
Either way it was huge man! I really enjoyed the vid, you had some creative stuff in there!

Great job, keep on training,
 - Kipup

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2007, 02:31:21 PM »
Yea but Danny me and Chris got like 2 blocks down from it today...it was just like omg.

But we found a new wall for you to try...this one is about 14ft...I'll show you wednesday if you come.
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »
KIPUP I appreciate the maturity from you, thanks for the compliment!

AD, I am definitely coming wednesday, so I want to see this new wall. I need somethings higher to practice on, and expand my abilities!

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2007, 06:37:25 PM »
Stop talking about height. It doesn't matter at all. All you have to know is that David Belle can wall run higher then you so you better push yourself even harder. (Even if you can wall run higher then David Belle, you can't wall run higher then Chuck Norris even after infinite progression  ;))

--**--**-___(-$%%%%%%%)_(#*___+++++=============@###################$(!_)

That was a very good video Rican! Your speed is what really catches my attention - you're very fast!!! Fluidity is also very good but once again like in your past videos, try to work on the aftermath of each movement. I didn't see any top outs from cat grabs, after you landed your vaults you were a bit out of balance, and some of your jumps were cut before you finished the landing. Not to bash you or anything but I read on the youtube comments that you stick every precision jump - I think I know what you mean (which is "I stick MOST precision jumps WHEN I'M FOCUSING HARD) but that doesn't translate to I stick every jump ( 2:12, 3:05 ) although 00:56 was UBER NICE STICK and distance  ;)  Your precision technique needs little work - good job!

A lot of the things I mentioned you only pick up on after you gain experience. No matter how good someone is within their first year, they will always be much more controlled, strong, fluid, and graceful 2+ years from then. All it takes is practicing and living that long  ;D

Anyhow, NO MORE DISCUSSION ON WALL HEIGHT (from the poster of the video OR the peanut gallery) because we aren't competing with each other. Just know the highest wall YOU can climb and let it be enough :)  LOVEEE AND PEACEEE!!!
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline crazymex

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2007, 06:55:46 PM »
 ;D So exactly how high was that wall you jumped?  :P
No excuses, no complaining, pain is weakness leaving the body.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2007, 07:12:47 PM »
That was a very good video Rican! Your speed is what really catches my attention - you're very fast!!! Fluidity is also very good but once again like in your past videos, try to work on the aftermath of each movement. I didn't see any top outs from cat grabs, after you landed your vaults you were a bit out of balance, and some of your jumps were cut before you finished the landing. Not to bash you or anything but I read on the youtube comments that you stick every precision jump - I think I know what you mean (which is "I stick MOST precision jumps WHEN I'M FOCUSING HARD) but that doesn't translate to I stick every jump ( 2:12, 3:05 ) although 00:56 was UBER NICE STICK and distance    Your precision technique needs little work - good job!
-leoNn-

I have much respect for your response, because the way you go about comment is so mature, yet abrupt. I dont mind that at all, and about my comment on youtube, I realized that didnt come out right at all; But whatever im not perfect. I know that I have a long long long long way to climb in this parkour mountain. In my eyes I dont even think that I am good, I just want to keep progressing to the point where I can do things without having to think twice. As for top outs, I dont do them because I feel that it is a waste of energy, I usually just get one leg up and proceed like that! (I dont think I explained that well but I hope you get the point). And can you elaborate what exactly I need to work on when it comes to the "aftermath of each movement"? And which vaults did I look off balance? All in all I love your response, and I only hope to develop 1/10th the control that Chuck Norris has! LOL

Offline Samuel96

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Bear hunter-3rd in command
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2007, 03:02:55 PM »
holy shtick