Author Topic: Daniel Arroyo (The Progression)  (Read 10730 times)

Offline kwazi

• Patas
  • "Now its a monkey car"
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Arroyo (The Progression)
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2007, 07:20:54 PM »

actually, in my excitement, i completely forgot that thursday was thanksgiving. Friday's probably best. Lets keep in touch, though
I am the young man, full of strength and hope,
Tangled in that ancient endless chain
Of profit, power, gain, of grab the land!
Of grab the gold! Of grab the ways of satisfying need!
Of work the men! Of take the pay!
Of owning everything for one's own greed!

Offline NICK DAGGER

• Nick Dagger P.I.
  • Mangabey
  • I AM NICK DAGGER
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2007, 08:54:17 PM »
does it really matter that much? why are you so set on you being able to wall run higher than him? its all about being the best that YOU can be: self improvement, not trying to be better than others........leasts thats MY 2 cents.
I'm sorry if I sound mean, im really not trying to.  :-\

*puts up smite shield*
*automatic one block*
The reason I was challenging his claim is because 13-15 ft doesn't seem realistic. It smacked me like someone just walked up and told me that they just made a standing 12ft precision. I want to know the truth. I mistook a 12ft wall for a 15ft wall, so I thought he could have just as easily made the same mistake I did.  Yes, the height of the wall matters to me. If he really made a 14ft wall, I'm so inspired to push myself so I can make it that high.

Offline Andrew Hull

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2007, 09:10:36 PM »
honestly. I train with this man all the time. I've stood next to the wall and i'd say its 14 feet. He's a beast and the real reason he can go that high is th amount of speed he takes into the wall. its insane.
Rely on yourself. Rely on your body. Rely on your training, instincts, and heart. Everything else is a crutch.

Quote from: Dan Kelley
Don't wear shoes.  Make the pavement bleed.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2007, 09:15:29 PM »
If it means that much to you I will take some pics of the measuring tape measure! I am being serious too!
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline NICK DAGGER

• Nick Dagger P.I.
  • Mangabey
  • I AM NICK DAGGER
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2007, 09:43:10 PM »
Sure, go for it.  :)

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2007, 11:44:18 PM »
i agree with jack rabbit. the wall is 52 bricks. you can clearly count 25 bricks to be equal to your height of 5'6". that means the wall is 11 ft. and a couple inches.

not that it matters though...

Offline Josh Maciel

• Hirundo Rustica
  • You lied to me. -Caboose
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 03:35:33 AM »
No seriously...I've been there and can get up an 11foot wall...that is atleast 2 feet higher because i can only reach the 2nd tan line from the top. Idk how Danny does because he is like the shortest out of all of us(sorry but its true haha) but he does so many things we havent been able to do...YET. haha

well danny i'll see you today around 6?
There is no past, there is no future, there is only the present because that is all that matters.

A bad Traucer does a technique until he gets it right. A good Traucer does it until he can not get it wrong.-David Belle

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 12:01:16 PM »
Ok guys if you want to think the wall is 11ft go head and think it! Just because you can't get 14ft doesnt mean nobody else can! It's ashame  (Jack Rabbit) that you are set in the fact that someone else can be able to jump higher then you! Just think why does it matter! I have strived to be the best I can be and I continue to strive, but it kills me when people like to think of parkour in feet/inches. It's not about that! Remember Parkour is about finding yourself, not finding who you are better then!
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline milffhater

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 02:37:53 PM »
14' damn.. congrats man thats huge I hope one day I'll be able to grab something that high.

Offline Acewall

• Mangabey
  • He's half black!.....No, he's 50%!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 03:32:04 PM »
I'm very torn becuase I want to believe you CrazyRican, but Demon brings up a good point. Well either way it was a very impressive wall run, and a great video in general.

p.s-  :-Sarcasm wtf is that smiley?!?!?!....lol....lol
"Does this work?...Let's call some bitches."

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 03:43:24 PM »
We'll I can't believe Demon would condemn such a jump when he isnt there to actually measure it, and he himself has done a jump of that measure! I have three other people to vouch for the height of the wall! They (Demon/ Jack Rabbit) are using my height, when we have actually taken the Tape measure to the wall! But I geuss I will just have to take pics/vid of the exact measuring tape measure! It's no big deal! Just a misjudgment on their part!

Offline Jus7in

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2007, 10:29:46 AM »
I don't think he is condemning the wall, it's just hard to believe the wall is almost three times your size(14 and a half feet) when you are clearly half the size of it.
W.W.O.D. - What Would Oleg Do

Offline NICK DAGGER

• Nick Dagger P.I.
  • Mangabey
  • I AM NICK DAGGER
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2007, 01:32:52 PM »
By the way, awesome turn vault you did, I'm stealing it.  :)

Offline kwazi

• Patas
  • "Now its a monkey car"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2007, 01:37:35 PM »
pretty sure that turn vault is ion vaults 102, unders "style vaults"
I am the young man, full of strength and hope,
Tangled in that ancient endless chain
Of profit, power, gain, of grab the land!
Of grab the gold! Of grab the ways of satisfying need!
Of work the men! Of take the pay!
Of owning everything for one's own greed!

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2007, 05:42:38 PM »
By the way Jus7in if the 14ft was three times my height that would make me around 4'8", so clearly you should rethink the way your looking at it!

Offline Chris [.5gibbon] Stevenson!

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2007, 05:46:54 PM »
and slowly but surly it turns into a bash thread  :'( 
"Be like water making its way through cracks.  Do not be assertive,  but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it." - Bruce Lee

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy." -Mark Rippetoe

Offline Acewall

• Mangabey
  • He's half black!.....No, he's 50%!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2007, 06:18:57 PM »
Ok, CrazyRican you are a very good traceur. You're very fast and fluid, and the movie was very nicely edited. But there is no way that the wall was 14ft. If you you are standing up against the wall and the top or your head is at the 25th brick line, and there are 52 brick lines, then it's about twice your hieght. You said that you are 5' 6" so that makes the wall about 11'(plus an inch or two). No matter how you look at it, it can't be 14'. And I'm not hatin on you or anything, I'm just trying to point this out.

and slowly but surly it turns into a bash thread  :'( 

And I know it seems like its becoming an arguement, but there is simply no way that that's an 14 foot wall. You should be proud of your video either way, because it really was an excellent video.
"Does this work?...Let's call some bitches."

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2007, 07:09:17 PM »
I agree theres just no way that its 14 feet, that or your the best wall runner probably in the world.  The biggest that I've ever seen is the one that Rek and Nosole did at the colorado jam.  f#ckin huge.  That was about 12 feet I believe.

Offline Mike "Pyro" Araujo

• Mangabey
  • Pyro4pk
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2007, 07:35:19 PM »
Wasn't leon's wallrun in his new sampler around 15 or something....

either way that's beside the point, the video was pretty good overall(very good for the time you've been training).

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2007, 07:52:10 PM »
Ok guys I just went out tonight and took my video camera so you can all see the exact measurement of the wall! It turned out to be 13'2", so like I stated earlier in the thread the wall is between 13-14 feet! I will post the video tomorrow, I just have to compress it, and upload it! I just expect some major credit from those who put doubt on my estimation!!!!!! Now I hope that after this you can not look at parkour in feet/inches, it's all about your progression as a person, Thats why I specifically labeled the video (The Progression).