Author Topic: Not So much As A Jam,,, But,,,  (Read 2752 times)

Offline DZAR

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Not So much As A Jam,,, But,,,
« on: November 05, 2007, 05:37:01 PM »
I just learned of Parkour, even though Iv'e been doing it all  my life without even knowing it.

Both when I lived in the Suburbs of Chicago in the 60's & 70's  and now up here in the back woods of Wisconsin since 77.

I just loved the smooth motion of running through the woods with minimal energey exerted by using anything and everything in the woods. I still try now,  but at being now 50,  I just don't move anyway nearly as well  as i used to.

I have a question,,  I know  this question may run some the wrong way i seen on many message boards about  "Training"  and all  that..  I'm  wondering,,  is there any groups out here  that would be willing to hold a one day  "Crash Course"  (Pun Intended! ) In mnavigating through the woods and fileds as efficiently as possible?

Drop me a note,

Joe

nss@mwt.net

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
Re: Not So much As A Jam,,, But,,,
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 08:11:01 PM »
Not sure what it is you're looking for, DZAR. Welcome, by the way!

The best way to learn to get through woods quickly and efficiently is to run through them every day and try to beat your time and also your level of fatigue/recovery time. It can't really be done in a day. Your age should not be a factor as it's all relative. Start where you are and go where you go.

Sorry to be so cryptic but honestly that's the way to do it.

She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com