Author Topic: completely new, need advise wit muscle building  (Read 1898 times)

Offline th1rd

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
completely new, need advise wit muscle building
« on: October 29, 2007, 08:36:01 PM »
ok so i am pretty skinny  i weigh 125 at 5'7"ish and dun got a lot of upper body strength. i read this http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224
but im not really interested in bulking up loads, just getting stronger so i can start doing some freeruning or w/e. ok keep in mind that i havent worked out, pretty much at all, but i can do about 50 pushups and 75 situps in a row, and about 5 pull ups. which is my main concern. i dont have any bar weights or anything. just a few 10lbs dumbells and some removable weighted dumbells that go up to 35 lbs. are there any exercises that would help upper body and dont need very much equipt? i go to the gym every once in awile with my dad, but dont know much about any of the machines

Offline Jim "Monkey" Parker

• Mangabey
  • I am a leaf on the wind...Watch how I soar...
    • View Profile
Re: completely new, need advise wit muscle building
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 07:16:01 AM »
A great source for daily workouts is...the workout of the day from American Parkour!!!

On the APK main page is a fitness link...inside you will find a WOD tab (workout of the day)
There are new exercises every day that work different muscle chains associated with Parkour. All of which (I think) are bodyweight exercises and require no equipment.

Also, check out Demon's drill of the month....the Parkour conditioning gauntlet should give you some good inspiration. Go and create a gauntlet where you live and run it once a week...

Forget the expensive machines at the gym...the best way to train your body to move is... to move!!! 

There are a bunch of folks on these forums who are way more experienced and better trainers than myself..but this should get you started :)
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
-Japanese Proverb

Offline terr0r

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 09:42:03 AM »
heres my .02

pushups.
they work deltoids, triceps, biceps, abdominals, and quadrilaterals.

They are simple and you can do them anywhere, anytime.

Offline tekneek

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Free fall is the ultimate high.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 11:22:59 AM »
if u have a weight room at your school or or rec center or whatever see about spending an hour there 3 or 4 times a week. do the overhead- and chest- press a lot and also practice hand stands starting them while sitting down. if you can lift your body and hold it vertically above you you're in great physical condition. if you do make it to the weight room every third day or so throw in a lower body workout. thats everything i do. i definitely agree with terr0r. there was a pro football player(his name slipped my mind) who ever touched a set of weights or an exercise machine. all he did was run and do situps and pushups. he got to the point where he would do more than a thousand situps/pushups at a time! good luck
-connor
It's that moment where you're upside-down in midair or jumping from 20 feet up. Everything else just disappears. That's how I define tranquility.

Offline Charles Moreland

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • www.charlesmoreland.com
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 11:53:19 AM »
all he did was run and do situps and pushups. he got to the point where he would do more than a thousand situps/pushups at a time!

That's really not what being physically fit is about. I'm sure he also had some horrible imbalance issues...