Author Topic: Drop to Drop  (Read 6935 times)

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
Drop to Drop
« on: October 26, 2007, 08:08:07 AM »
Michael Hartwig -PKFR International

Offline Acewall

• Mangabey
  • He's half black!.....No, he's 50%!
    • View Profile
Re: Drop to Drop
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:45:08 AM »
Why did we need to see that?
"Does this work?...Let's call some bitches."

Offline Jordan "Sirlig" Nelson

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Oklahoma Parkour
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 10:54:24 AM »
Why did we need to see that?

It's the pics & vids section....this is a vid....for your viewing pleasure.  Need there be a "reason" or something specific to look for?  Personally, I enjoy seeing people do parkour, regardless of whether or not it is an edited, put-to-music video.
"Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness.  Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."  --Bruce Lee

www.freewebs.com/oklahomaparkour

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 11:12:55 AM »
You're not ready for the Manpower gap yet.

Offline Drake?

• Patas
  • I like to smile
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace ( one for parkour friends )
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »
You're not ready for the Manpower gap yet.

I would love to see someone that young do that jump.
My name is Drake, and I have been training parkour/free running since December of 2006.

Offline Chris [.5gibbon] Stevenson!

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 12:25:30 PM »
do you guys ever train?  if so it must be between shots.  i think like half the videos in here are of you and your "krew"  im sorry to be the one to tell you ( and so is my karma im sure), but parkour, and freerunning for that matter, are not about making videos or showing your "tallent".      please take my advice and just make one nice video with what you are capable( you already have several) and go train your guts out! then make another in about six to twelve months and see the difference  ;)   
"Be like water making its way through cracks.  Do not be assertive,  but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it." - Bruce Lee

"There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy." -Mark Rippetoe

Offline Drake?

• Patas
  • I like to smile
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace ( one for parkour friends )
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 12:32:44 PM »
do you guys ever train?  if so it must be between shots.  i think like half the videos in here are of you and your "krew"  im sorry to be the one to tell you ( and so is my karma im sure), but parkour, and freerunning for that matter, are not about making videos or showing your "tallent".      please take my advice and just make one nice video with what you are capable( you already have several) and go train your guts out! then make another in about six to twelve months and see the difference  ;)   

You're right. Every time I log in, I check out the pics and vids, and I see New Energy!!. Put the camera up
My name is Drake, and I have been training parkour/free running since December of 2006.

Offline Acewall

• Mangabey
  • He's half black!.....No, he's 50%!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 12:33:22 PM »

Thats what I meant. I told them already in another thread that they need to stop posting 3 videos a week. Make one absolutly awesome video in like 6 months; not three a week. Like why did you even post this video Michael? I'm pretty sure it's not for critique, because I've seen how you take constructive criticism before, or "shit talking".  
"Does this work?...Let's call some bitches."

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 02:40:53 PM »
If you have already made this suggestion to them and they havent listened by now then I dont think they will take your advice! He is still new to Pakour, and he must find the real reason to why we do what we do! It's not about entertainment, it is about yourself!!!!!!!! (This makes me Sad)  :'(
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline Hunter Neiblum

• Mangabey
  • Be Free my friend......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 08:55:53 PM »
guys guys guys! There is no needs for insults here. NE3FreeRunning, I thought it was a realy cool drop. What ever that thing was thing was that you were droping onto was perfect for that tipe of combo and lots of other stuff! good job  :). -1 to any one here who didn't have a good reason to thrash him.
It is not that things are impossible that we don't dare... It's that we don't dare that things are impossible.

Winter's Bite, clouds black as nite, the suns light, torretial rain, and a hint of pain-   Performance At My Best

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 09:06:36 PM »
Don't worry Rock. All the guys here like the NE3 kids, but they just get aggravated sometimes because the NE3 kids post a new videos very frequently.

NE3, you are part of our family here on APK. Now is the time for you to receive good advice from your brothers in parkour.

Read this message from Dan Edwardes (Parkour Generations, UK) about parkour videos. It is good. Try to implement it too.

Here is what he said:

My one concern with the majority of these videos is that you can tell they have had very little proper training and guidance. They mimic movements they learn from videos and think this is parkour - a few individual vaults, some strength tricks, some drops and jumps. But really this is quite incidental in parkour. And when someone has had correct training, and really has captured the spirit of movement, it is clear to see. And few of these people have had exposure to that knowledge or spirit, I think.

Videos and online imagery has been the greatest forum for the spread of parkour - or at least for the spread of the approximation of parkour.
However, it has also been one of the worst problems - people making videos of themselves after a few weeks of training, some with no training at all, doing crazy things and movements that are not healthy or efficient, stunts and tricks and copying movies, and thinking it is worth videoing and showing to the world. Rather they should be concentrating on training for a few years before they even think about creating videos of themselves. The aim of parkour is NOT to be in a video...! I fear most people do not seem to grasp that simple point.

And on the fitness aspect - probably 90% of this imitative community have very poor levels of fitness. How many of them run daily, or work on cardio at all? Very few. Most consider training to be jumping off a few walls, climbing on buildings, a couple of vaults then sitting around talking. Ask them to run for 45 minutes straight and you'll get a lot of fearful stares..!

My point is that video tells you very little about the quality of the traceur. It can be very deceptive. One can only know the measure of a practitioner by training with them - and the few who train properly have little need of putting out videos of themselves for the sake of being seen.

Sorry if I seemed to go on a bit about that! But I feel it is quite important to try to redress the balance and discourage people from concentrating on this 'film everything' mentality.

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 09:16:26 PM »
I see what you all mean but you are all saying it like im putting out weak ass videos

me and aaron dont just tape every little thing we do and put it in a movie

--We are training all the time
-and then usually after the sand pit, we go out and get clips, you know

its what we do

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 09:48:44 PM »
Michael, they all know you guys are training, and your videos are usually pretty good, it's just the frequency that is bothering them ;)

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 10:12:27 PM »
Thats what I meant. I told them already in another thread that they need to stop posting 3 videos a week. Make one absolutly awesome video in like 6 months; not three a week. Like why did you even post this video Michael? I'm pretty sure it's not for critique, because I've seen how you take constructive criticism before, or "shit talking".  
[/quote]

6 months :o damn

PKFR Envelope -- 1 day, and all brand new clips

A month would b a long time for a new video
--
I posted it because it is the shit -- clean and fast
its kinda old but none the less

Offline psycosis12

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 05:59:38 AM »
I laughed at this video, really really hard...time to go out to Rosslyn and do some PK, catch y'all fools lata  8)

Offline Laurie Jennifer

• is back! <3
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The traceuse formerly known as "lauriejennifer"
    • View Profile
    • A Blog, for change of pace
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 05:42:31 PM »
Great flow (for a short clip)!

One thing I did notice was the sound.  Your landings are *really* loud.  Practicing silence builds strength and control; I would highly recommend incorporating that in your training.

Good luck with your training!
Queen of Puns

Offline Jamie Crosby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 01:02:59 PM »
if its really that great, add it to your next video, because im very sure you already have about 14 ready to post next week.

Offline Sat Santokh

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Don't think with your balls, think with your brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 01:28:03 PM »
What exactly is PKFRinternational.  How exactly are you international.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »
Ok guys there is no need to make anybody feel uncomfortable on here, just because their view on what parkour is, differs from ours doesnt give us the right to bash them! I like the clip you just need to work on landing with the balls of your feet and have the muscle in your legs gradually resist the weight. Other then that (Train hard, rest long)!
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline Michael -PKFR

• Patas
  • Michael Hartwig
    • View Profile
    • PKFR International
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 04:24:41 PM »
Thank you for being nice about it, i really appreciate that

World wide team = international

-- and i dont get why people talk shit about me posting videos
especially when i havent ever even seen one clip of most of you

to me, and everyone on the internet, its like you dont even free run.

im not saying you dont but your not showing anyone what you can do....

just because i like to advertise what we do..... - it is bad?