Author Topic: parkour classes are now being held in castle rock  (Read 5451 times)

Offline Chris Parker

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
parkour classes are now being held in castle rock
« on: October 22, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »
hey wanted to let everybody know that there will be parkour classes held in castle rock at the omega gym. The classes will be held every tuesday and thursday. I am going to check it out to see what this gymnastic gyms got. I do not know of his experience or credentials in the matter of parkour. So after I go to check him out tomorrow 10/23/07 I will tell you guys if he's got what it takes to teach others parkour (in my opinion). If everybody is still unsure of him, maybe demon or somebody else can check it out.
"A priest, rabbi, and Griff walk into a bar and I Kill them. And by them I mean Griff"
"I hope you brought your wallet, cause the rent in hell gets paid in advance!"
"I'm gonna rip off his partridge and kick him in the pear tree."
"Calling Doctor Sarge MD, prescription death, diagnosis SHOTGUN!"

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
Re: parkour classes are now being held in castle rock
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »
I don't know of anyone in Castle Rock who is credible and experienced enough in Parkour to be teaching it. I couldn't even find a website for them so I am very skeptical. Let us know how it goes.

Offline Chris Parker

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 02:16:54 PM »
oh im unsure of him as well, but then again this just might be a local guy who hasnt gotten a website up yet. Who knows he can have several years experience or he could have a months experiencem but i will find out tomorrow.
"A priest, rabbi, and Griff walk into a bar and I Kill them. And by them I mean Griff"

Offline Hunter Neiblum

• Mangabey
  • Be Free my friend......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:43:32 PM »
I didn't think there were that many traceurs in Castle Rock  :-\. Demon is right, I would look into that a little closser
It is not that things are impossible that we don't dare... It's that we don't dare that things are impossible.

Winter's Bite, clouds black as nite, the suns light, torretial rain, and a hint of pain-   Performance At My Best

Offline Chris Parker

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »
oh yea I will, I didnt get to check it out on tuesday, but I will get to it on thursday. I've found people in castle rock that parkour, they just didnt know that what they were doing had a name to it.

Offline Hunter Neiblum

• Mangabey
  • Be Free my friend......
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 03:27:32 PM »
oh yea I will, I didnt get to check it out on tuesday, but I will get to it on thursday. I've found people in castle rock that parkour, they just didnt know that what they were doing had a name to it.
haha did you open there eyes to a whole world of people like them?
It is not that things are impossible that we don't dare... It's that we don't dare that things are impossible.

Winter's Bite, clouds black as nite, the suns light, torretial rain, and a hint of pain-   Performance At My Best

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 06:20:08 PM »
Since nobody else has posted here...Matt and Will went to check out the classes last week. What they found was an inexperienced teacher/traceur putting his students through some very questionable and potentially dangerous drills and exercises. COPK does not endorse this program in any way and can only hope that it gets straightened out soon. :-\

Offline schuby

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 07:23:42 PM »
Well you prolly can't do anything if they signed a waiver, I mean, you can show what a REAL parkour class is like (a.k.a. COPK classes taught by GOOD traceurs) but other than that its up to the people in the class whether they want to go or not. Which sucks, but I think thats about all we can do. Hopefully they will end before someone gets hurt  :(

Offline omarkio

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »
I know it's been like, seven years but I figured I might update this. Omega Gymnastics is now Chameleon Gymnastics and they offer Parkour. Not the same teacher, not sketch. My name is Mark and I teach the classes and all the Colorado guys who were originally listed on this post ( Ryan, Matt & Will) are familiar with me.