Author Topic: What are you most proud of in your parkour training?  (Read 6698 times)

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
Re: What are you most proud of in your parkour training?
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 04:54:46 AM »
Hear hear, Lauriejennifer! :D :D

Also: ncparkour.com
North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 08:56:10 AM »
I, too, am most proud of the community.
How someone can say "Hey, I'm planning on stopping by <city>, any jams going down and does anyone have a couch I can crash on?" And three people will volunteer.
How people will volunteer and help others, and even when the help wasn't asked for, the other traceur is grateful for the advice.
How you can meet people from all walks of life, people you might not normally ever talk to, and how you practically become instant best friends.

Offline Corey Cedeno

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 09:31:16 AM »
I'm most proud of how other traceurs and FRs encourage each other.  In all my other sports most encouragement is limited to "Man it up dude, suck it up and try harder."  With the other traceurs I've met the motivation given is always more personal and more (lack of a better word) inspirational.

Offline argetlam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 10:39:22 AM »
im proud first of all for finding parkour, and finding the motivation to start practicing it.

Im proud of how much ive grown in the last two years in fitness and in mind, for example before i would run home from work and crash when i got there, but lately i notice that i can run at a fast clip for at leest half a mile and only feel as tired as if i had been walking, or jogging slowly.

im proud of the first kong vault i did over a picknick table... that is probubly my fav. move, haha
one of my first ones to.

im proud of a 11 ft run up a wall, to muscle up in a empty pool, lol
by the way empty pools are great places to trian, like one of the empty public pools that is drained for the coming winter(dont get caught)

and thats about it, im just proud of parkour, and how much it has given me, like confadence in my athletic abillity's

Offline stab

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 11:48:20 AM »
I got kong to precisions yesterday. Nothing huge, but it's the first pk training outside of upper body conditioning I've been able to do for a few weeks cause of an effed up ankle.. I was proud  ;D

Offline Chris Ell

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 12:16:33 PM »
I agree with everyone on the parkour community being a great, accepting community and I'm proud to be a part of it. On the subject of personal goals, I was very proud of my first 360 underbar and dash vault because they both came so naturally to me and everyone was proud of me for doing them. Like TeeHuM said, other traceurs are very motivational and encouraging unlike other sports. I've got to thank my traceur friend Drew (ara_v_q on these boards) for motivating me this whole time. I wouldn't be half as good as I am now if it weren't for him.
╔══════════════╗
Team Moist Productions
╚══════════════╝
-=Training Blog=-

Offline Overdrive

• Patas
  • Wilmington, OH
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 01:44:37 PM »
I'm proud of my kong vault over a 6' picnic table

I'm proud of my first kong-to-cat

I'm proud of my wonderful, challenging, totally fulfilling precision work last night

I'm proud of how smooth my 360 underbar is

I'm proud of my first rail precision

I'm proud of my 5' vertical jump over that sign

I'm proud of my 8½-9' jump distance

I'm proud to have met phishfi, along with the guys from OSUPK
Overdrive: 2. extra hard level of activity: a particularly intense and productive mode of activity, usually possible only for short periods

Offline greenchaoman

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »
Doing a monkey over a gate that came up to my ribs... Especially since I originally considers monkey's anatomically impossible.
"Wow! Do you do that freefalling thingy?"

Offline Craig MacDonald

• Patas
  • Brilliance in Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 12:28:45 PM »
I'm proud of my very first kong over the width of a picnic table.  Man that made me feel great! 5-6 months of practicing but it was worth it!
Cars break down, your feet keep going

nomack67

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 01:13:49 PM »
the first time i made my friends jealous

berky93

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2009, 01:51:08 PM »
when I finally got precisions down. I was having a tough time landing on such a small area, but one day I just sat down looking at videos of others doing it over and over, and I figured out my mistake. I still have some trouble doing a precision after a running jump, but I can do a cat leap-to-precision well

Offline Cody Bovat

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 03:47:30 PM »
1) The first time I did a Kong, I pushed myself so hard to do it, the first thing that I "just did", my friends kept telling me I was doing it wrong (even though I wasn't) so I kept pushing and doing it over and over until they finally told me "WE WERE JOKING, IT'S FINE".

2) Being able to teach my friends and act as a guide to help people learn parkour or learn their path

3) How far I have come in my training, I have probably doubled my strength since I started parkour (although I haven't trained as much as I did last summer, so my strength has decreased significantly)

4) Just last week, I was playing a type of tag where two people were it, chasing one person in a playground we train at and they had me surrounded and without thinking, and no hesitation I did an underbar and almost got away...the feeling of unconsciously doing it and the feeling of performing it nicely was unbelievable...

5) How much I have changed mentally, my personality is VERY different and I feel like a completely different person

6)Not just feeling like a part of this wonderful community, but most of my life I always had interests, things I liked to do...I tried soccer, football, skateboarding, video games, basketball, and karate...nothing ever felt like it clicked, nothing felt like my "thing"  After trying parkour, I KNEW that I had finally found where I belong

7) I am able to look at someone in the face and tell them straight out that I don't give a **** what they think about me or what I do...and MEAN it!

All of these things are only small steps and only the beginning steps to my journey, I hope to continue on with this journey and to continually improve further and further, and hopefully to look back at this and be able to smile at all of the progress I have made

My first year is nearly complete and I feel that though I have progressed, I have slacked A LOT and I want to push myself to train twice as hard this year.
"Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences. No good is ever done in this world by hesitation."
--Thomas H. Huxley-- (1825 - 1895)

Offline max eisenberg

• New Kid!
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2009, 04:34:01 PM »
im proud of my wall runs and climb ups.

just a month or two ago when i got back into parkour i could barely do good wall runs and i couldnt do climb ups the right way at all. now i can wall run with more confidence and my climb ups are now no problem for me.

im also proud of my landings, i have begun focusing on my landings and they have improved dramatically. i no longer have knee pain after im done training and when my body aches after a long day of training its not my joints, its my muscles. :)

my mind is constantly moving, one day my body will be strong enough to keep up.

Offline Shawn Meilicke

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Parkour: my anti-drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »
im proud of my new outlook on life, and being able to look at something and think of ten different ways to go through/over it.

the best thing; physical fitness level :)
"Though all the world may hate us, we are named.
The shadow overtake us, we are known
We're more than carbon and chemicals
Free will is ours and we can't let go
We are the image of the invisible"
-Thrice

1+1=10

Offline romanorion

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2009, 07:57:12 AM »
the first thing and the thing i am most proud of is that i knew this homeless kid named jamie that was seriously contemplating suicide. he came to me to tell me that he was going to hang himself and instead of telling him not to i took him to a park and started teaching him parkour. after a couple hours of just hangin out, he told me that he didn't want to die and he and i became like brothers. now, jamie is working at his new job at a mechanics, enjoying his life with his foster parents in loveland, and practicing parkour daily. he and i sometimes get together and jam and everytime he thanks me and says that he is so grateful i saved his life.

the other thing i am proud of is the fact that i tic-tac to wall ran up a 14 foot wall. awesome  ;D :P

Offline David Boyle

• Patas
  • 5-10 - 185
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2009, 01:54:25 PM »
Few things:

I've been able to influence my children w/ Parkour.
(they land on their toes and do QM's around the house)

I've been able to show my Marines Parkour and carry it over to our training

I would say I'm proud to have not injured myself...but last month (March 26) i bruised my left heel on a jump. 
Though it prevented me from doing Parkour for 3 weeks, the injury taught me some valuable lessons.