Author Topic: APK Registration Failure  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
APK Registration Failure
« on: October 03, 2007, 06:27:25 PM »
Alot of people have trouble registering for an account on APK because they come to the main page (americanparkour.com), click on the white button at the top that says Forum, and then click on the gray button that says register. If you take this route, you will reach a disfunctional registration form, that does not allow you to see the security letters, preventing you from registration. I had this same problem when I first tried to register, and then finally by trial and error, I figured out that you have to scroll down, look on the left for the panel that says "APK Login" and then click the link in that panel which says "No account yet? Register".

I was just reminded of this by the folks over at New York Parkour, who wanted to join our forum, but could not get registered. We should get that fixed. Also, my attention was called to the fact that after you do finally figure out the correct registration method, the americanparkour.com email server doesn't always respond to your application in a timely manner. For some reason it stalls on sending the confirmation email. There could possibly be a problem with the mail server not recognizing domains which are missing from its DNS Lookup directory. That would probably explain why every time I try to send an email to M2 from my personal email account at swaca.org, my email gets bounced right back to me.

Offline H3LlIoN

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: APK Registration Failure
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 11:23:43 AM »
I'd just like to bump this in that I too suffered for about three days before I finally figured out the reg'd process.  This really needs to be fixed if this forum is expected to grow, or even be considered a respectable forum.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Offline H3LlIoN

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 11:38:25 AM »
BTW, I dunno yet who runs these forums, but this might help:
http://www.nukehowto.com/docs/security-code.html
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Offline SkyNative

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »
thanks, we'll take a look