Author Topic: David Belle's workout  (Read 36411 times)

Offline Taylor Lovell

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: David Belle's workout
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 09:16:25 PM »
I think you probably just smokes, eats cheese, and drinks wine, but then again I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Offline Jerald Donald Konkel

• Mangabey
  • Land softly and Roll Smoothly
    • View Profile
    • PunKurac Parkour
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 03:15:03 AM »
this thread is a total cock tease  ::)

[WTF] what does that mean!!??

As far as what David Belle Does......... I would have to agree with Mark. I am just starting out in Parkour, been doing it for about half year, but only a couple months Actively. My Workout is just going out and doing stuff, for example. I might be running, and look to my left, see a good Precision spot, and just start doing presicions. Maybe after 5 minutes of practicing precisions, I start running again, then lets say I see a wall the next minute. I start practicing my wall runs and cat Hang/leaps. maybe I remember a good vaulting place, I start running over there, and practice my vaults.

One day I went to the playground and just practiced rolls, Side rolls, back rolls, forward rolls. It was kind of a random thing, cause I was originally going to the train station to try some stuff like running precisions and Stuff, but ended up just doing rolls all day. It just comes to me, its not really Structured. I'm sure other traceurs have a more Scheduled Training Regimen, but thats not for me at the moment.

But whatever David belle Does...... I would like to know too........

........  David Belle and Chuck Norris? haha, I have nothing to say about that...........     
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 03:35:42 AM by Jerald Donald Konkel "JDK" »

"We're Apes, not monkeys" GPK
"Get off the roof, for your own safety" APK Roof Police

Offline Grayson

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 06:38:10 PM »
Well, just putting this out there, in a couple of his videos he says he does a lot of broad jumps, vertical jumps, etc. alot of plyometric stuff. In another video he says he does 2000 sit ups a day, not kidding.
I eat a lot of food.

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »
In another video he says he does 2000 sit ups a day, not kidding.

Really not that many if you think about it unless it's in one set. Got a link?
Quote from: Jim Wendler
Is what I'm doing awesome? If I ask myself that and the answer is no, then I don't do it

Offline Taylor Lovell

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 11:33:23 AM »
No, that is quite a good amount of sit ups, in fact that is ALOT of situps.

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 03:29:18 PM »
No, that is quite a good amount of sit ups, in fact that is ALOT of situps.

If he did them hourly 8 hours, that would only be 250 per hour.
Is what I'm doing awesome? If I ask myself that and the answer is no, then I don't do it

Offline Taylor Lovell

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 03:51:51 PM »
I know of NO ONE, who trains hourly in the way that you are thinking, and regardess 2000 is a lot of work, so either take off the internet badass hat, or post up a video of you performing the amount of situps that you would deem "a lot".

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »
I know of NO ONE, who trains hourly in the way that you are thinking, and regardess 2000 is a lot of work, so either take off the internet badass hat, or post up a video of you performing the amount of situps that you would deem "a lot".

I am simply posting a statistic. I wasn't saying that he or anyone else would train that way. Also, I don't normally do situps as they are quite useless. Pretty much the only time I do them is at school for P.E.

Offline Taylor Lovell

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 06:13:51 PM »
I am simply posting a statistic. I wasn't saying that he or anyone else would train that way. Also, I don't normally do situps as they are quite useless. Pretty much the only time I do them is at school for P.E.

By you saying that situps are "useless", I am now done.

Offline David M.

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 06:40:09 PM »

And what good are crunches then?

Why on earth are you guys doing crunches?  What are you expecting them to achieve?

i dont do them they dont help me and my body.

The list of useless crunch quotes goes on and on.

Offline Chris Salvato

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Eat. Move. Improve.
    • View Profile
    • Chris Salvato
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 06:50:38 PM »

Lots of people work out hourly...that is actually how the work record for pullups was set.

Also, it is a very common training method that we push on people here called "greasing the groove."

Situps are pretty useless for athletic performance.

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=19438.msg230608#msg230608

There are other studies that prove this too -- but I'm not going to waste any more time looking for them :P

Offline Andy Keller

• Oh baby baby.
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 08:02:01 PM »

Lots of people work out hourly...that is actually how the work record for pullups was set.

Also, it is a very common training method that we push on people here called "greasing the groove."

Situps are pretty useless for athletic performance.

http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?topic=19438.msg230608#msg230608

There are other studies that prove this too -- but I'm not going to waste any more time looking for them :P

pwnd.
"Do it, do it well, do it well and fast."

Offline Ben Riley

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 12:15:52 AM »
yes but crunches help you achive that ultimate chick magnet of EIGHT PACK ABS!!!!!!

please note i only said help
When addiction is a force

Offline Spencer B

• the Romantic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • ...*BANG*...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2009, 05:37:38 AM »
yes but crunches help you achive that ultimate chick magnet of EIGHT PACK ABS!!!!!!

please note i only said help

But they don't.

Ab definition, whether you have a two-pack, four-pack, six-pack, eight-pack, ten-pack, or just a slab of muscle over your abdomen, is based entirely on genetics.

Visibility of said abs is controlled almost entirely by how much fat you carry over them.

Therefore the recipe for good looking 6/8-pack abs is good genetics and low BF%.

Crunches and situps, and what else have you do nothing. At least with heavy lifts and gymnastic skills you're building good core strength, and not just doing what can be equated to making your biceps push.
www.cracked.com
www.tvtropes.org

There are times when you want to break down and rage at the heavens. Don't. Stay calm, and let the emotions flood in, accept them and then rise above them. Never dwell. Don't fear or worry. Anything worth thinking about is worth talking about. And... Good luck.

Offline andrewmc

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »
But they don't.

Ab definition, whether you have a two-pack, four-pack, six-pack, eight-pack, ten-pack, or just a slab of muscle over your abdomen, is based entirely on genetics.

Visibility of said abs is controlled almost entirely by how much fat you carry over them.

Therefore the recipe for good looking 6/8-pack abs is good genetics and low BF%.

Crunches and situps, and what else have you do nothing. At least with heavy lifts and gymnastic skills you're building good core strength, and not just doing what can be equated to making your biceps push.

+1. I think I did a crunch once in gymnastics. Or maybe I was just sitting up, I don't remember. If you are compelled to do some type of contraction to train your abs. Go grab the nearest chain link fence, and touch your feet to the fence over your head. Hanging leg raises will help with your back tucks, etc. If you want to step it up a notch, make those full ROM leg raises, then you'll be doing something productive.
resident gymnast