Author Topic: HALO 3!!!  (Read 7893 times)

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
HALO 3!!!
« on: September 25, 2007, 08:51:12 AM »
ITS OUT! AND I HAVEN'T SLEPT SINCE I GOT IT AT MIDNIGHT! AHHH ITS AWESOME  ;D ;D ;D
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline HuoMaKe

• Patas
  • Be a Master of your Environment
    • View Profile
Re: HALO 3!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:03:07 AM »
You'll get a lot of +1s from this one...:)

I wish I got it, but I wanted a membership to the climbing club more....299 dollars = ouch.

Is the single player any good?
There is no "better," there is only "different." -Me

May the Flow be with you. -Beans

Offline Andrei Semenov

• Patas
  • Can't beat the feelin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:40:42 PM »
Why are you posting here? now? go out and play the game fool!

I love it, the skull system is back, and now you have a choice of when and where to activate the skulls, there is a new aspect to single player, its the metagames on every level, basically everything can have a point value, such as: kill hunter, or kill teammate (neg points). And well you strive to get a certain ammt of points and its quite fantastic, oh and 360 achievements are always fun.

The forge is a do all map editor that you can play either after you create the map or during.

Basically you switch between spartan and guilty spark, as guilty spark you can't attack but you can summon stuff such as vehicles and weapons and teleporters, then instantly switch into spartan and use what you made. So, you need a rocket to take down that banshee, no prob, press d-pad up, x, spawn a rocket launcher, and take down the banshee.

There are new game modes, (and the old are back) so: slayer, Oddball, CTF, Assault, juggernaut king of the hill, territories, are all the nice old ones, then I think VIP is new (kill the vip for points, vip has overshield, 1 vip per team), and infection (my fav) Each player starts either a zombie or a human, with both species having very different attributes. Zombies score by killing humans humans score by killing zombies any human killed by zombie becomes zombie.

Single player is nice...just great.

Graphics: MY EYES ESPLODED

Sound: it's like listening to a symphony of dying grunts, (that occasionally yell after you kill a fellow grunt: He was my nipple buddy).

Story: 10/10 no spoilers sorry.

Co-Op, split screen: 2nd player is part of the story and is in the cinimatics :) X-Box Live: 4 player (other 2 players also incorporated into story nicely)

SO did I get my moneys worth?

HELLS YEAH

Will I get fat and get carpel tunnel

HELLS YEAH

should you get it?

I'll leave it up to you

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?”

Offline HuoMaKe

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 06:11:43 PM »
Haha, I was just worried it wouldn't be worth it without Live. I don't have it yet, no money.

Offline Acewall

• Mangabey
  • He's half black!.....No, he's 50%!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 06:35:40 PM »
I just got done playing my first little bit of the game. It's amazingggggggg! Its awesome, I can't wait until I play 4 player online co-op. I just played for about 3 hours, maybe four, and i still have the impulse to keep playing. And I shune those who were worried about the graphics, it's gorgeous. And the charecter AI is amazing. On the first level a brute threw down a bubble shield, and two grunts ran in, so the brute ran in and threw both the grunts out. The grunts screamed "noooooo" and died quickly. I've never seen that before in a game. The enemies actaully interact. Theres so much new stuff and I love it all. Although I'm a little mad that theres no SWAT.  :'(  :'(  :'(

All in all is def a 10 out of 10. Woth every penny.
"Does this work?...Let's call some bitches."

Offline PaT13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 01:55:10 AM »
Only five more years to wait untill i play it..damn poorness...I am a halo freak, i love the game play/ storyline....ive read 4 of the halo book series......Ive had my normal xbox for like 3 years and havent bought a single game...Im so tight with money....I WILL kill anybody who tells me the ending  ;)...

Offline Andrei Semenov

• Patas
  • Can't beat the feelin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 04:53:55 AM »
Master Chief and Gandalf run away and blow up the death star. The end.

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?”

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 06:37:03 AM »

I thought it was Master Chief and Legolas? wasn't it?
GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment...

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 09:38:22 AM »

I thought it was Master Chief and Legolas? wasn't it?

Shhh thats the legendary ending!

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 09:53:30 AM »
oh yeah, I forgot they changed the endings depending on difficulty... so what is the hard ending?
GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment...

Offline argetlam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 11:30:11 AM »
AAAAAHHH!!!!
im so exited, haha
i ordred the legendary edition, but it's not here yet, becaue it's shipping, but there is now way i can wait like 7 days, so im goin over to ma friends house and playin live!!!
omg, this is ganna be the best game in a long time.

Offline Following Mortis

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 02:09:38 PM »
Since all the gamers are posting here i thought i might mention, you should all check out "Assassins creed" You tube has a nice 5 min demo of them playing the game. Im sure you will find out why i love real quick.
"Embrace the fear, feel it for what it is, learn from it, then let it go, and fly."

Offline Andrei Semenov

• Patas
  • Can't beat the feelin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 05:21:27 PM »
oh yeah, I forgot they changed the endings depending on difficulty... so what is the hard ending?

The hard ending is only true if you are aroused by cortona doing a murmakil

Offline Matt Hudson

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Paddy O'Hayes
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 06:14:56 PM »
Since all the gamers are posting here i thought i might mention, you should all check out "Assassins creed" You tube has a nice 5 min demo of them playing the game. Im sure you will find out why i love real quick.

Give the link!

Offline Following Mortis

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 02:16:27 AM »
Guess i could have done that lol. Make sure you listen to the lady talking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOk5j-iGuTM
"Embrace the fear, feel it for what it is, learn from it, then let it go, and fly."

Moa

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 03:35:30 PM »
BACK TO HALO
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGM it pwns. i was scepticle and though i could wait to get it, but i went out first day and got it. I played it for so long. The multy player pwns so much i cant believe it, and i love the flamethrower.
GAMERTAG: Moa Wolf

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 05:49:23 PM »
lol, Moa.. sounds like the traditional fan boy speak right there..

I just got the game, it's very nice.. played a bit of the system link, it's very nice... still have to try the online multiplayer though (can't cause they want to play guitar hero, but whatever, I'll get back to it later...)

Add me : Lethal R2D2 , whenever you guys get online, cause I won't be logging on for about an hour

Offline HuoMaKe

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 06:33:04 PM »
Haha Moa is this why you aren't coming on Sunday? Because if it is, you got another think coming :)

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 08:57:40 PM »
Add me: excel san

Offline Talib Shively

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 12:58:15 PM »
I'm working on getting live right now, but the campaign is awesome.  I'm only on the 6th(?) level, cause I haven't had the time to play.  I should be on live this weekend, so I'll post my Gamertag then.