Author Topic: APK warmup help  (Read 2798 times)

Offline FELTON9012

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
APK warmup help
« on: October 09, 2007, 09:32:53 PM »
I'm newly registered with the APK site, but I can't see the APK warm up.  I can see the WOD, but it says I'm not authorised to see the APK warmup page.  Can someone tell me what it is?

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
Re: APK warmup help
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »
The exercise part of the APK site is having problems...

Here are the exercises from the APK warm-up. Many of the links show easier ways to do the exercise, if needed.

Squats, push-ups, pull-ups, Samson stretches [like a lunge with arms stretched overhead. I was taught knee doesn't touch ground...], agility step work [I used tape on the floor to make my 'ladder'], burpees, and QM [quadrupedal movement - crawling and hopping around on hands and feet]

Offline Rilkedogg

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 04:50:43 PM »
I'm new too. I really feel I need to start with the APK Warm up.Problem is: I can't find it either and the guys I know don't do it. Does anyone have it in a more...I guess, formal format i.e number of sets/reps? Sorry if I am being a nag! Just want to get started on the right foot.
Thanks for any help!

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 07:48:10 PM »
Depends on if you want to use the APK warmup as a warm-up or a beginning workout. Almost everyone has problems with the pull-ups. Don't feel bad.

If warm-up, your goal is to get all your muscle groups warm, perhaps lightly sweating, but not fatigued.

There's a CrossFit workout "Cindy" that's 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats, repeat as many times as possible in 20 minutes. Those are probably good proportions for doing the warm-up as a workout. 20 minutes exhausts me. If you plan to do the other exercises, maybe cycle through these for 10 minutes or 3 sets...

I'd probably just do 5 Samsons per side. Hold and press for 15 seconds, release, hold and press for another 15 seconds.

The agility work was using an 8-10 rung 'ladder', hi step one per block, high step 2 per block, lateral, butt kick [and backward?] The links I showed had different exercises.

3 burpees followed by 30 seconds QM. That's a killer workout in itself, too.