Author Topic: Ingury  (Read 2898 times)

Offline argetlam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Ingury
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:21:01 AM »
alright, about a week ago i was climbing on top of my library roof, about 30 ft.

not doing parkour of ne kind, and inded up falling off, lukilly i landed right, in true parkour prosision, and only strained the muscle in my knee

After doing that and living through it, i was wondering if under ne conditions, this kind of stunt should be done in parkour, if your body is trained to take the damage?

Offline Zachary Cohn

• APK Alliance
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • I do cool stuff.
    • View Profile
    • ZacCohn.com
Re: Ingury
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »
If it's be shot in the face, or jump off a roof, I'd take the roof.

Otherwise, there is no reason for you to be taking 30ft drops. That's not only dangerous, it's stupid. Your body can't be trained to take the kind of damage that is likely from a drop like that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 11:26:06 AM by happydud »

Offline Corey Cedeno

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 06:03:17 PM »
What kind of injury did you sustain?  30 ft is wicked high.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 08:07:36 PM »
You shouldn't be climbing up buildings in the first place...

And no, we train the body to try to accept any possibilities of damage, but not something to take injury on purpose just to try to minimize the damage. That's just dumb.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline argetlam

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 12:04:22 PM »
alright thanx, thats exactly what i thought, i just wanted to be sure, and i know it was stupid to be climbing around on buildings, but hey thats what i do when theres nothin else ta do

and to make it clear i landed right, and the muscle in my left knee was stretched and i could barely walk for about a week. I'm really baffled at how i could have gotten outa that without killing myself...

dont ever try to jump off of that hight, and dont be stupid like me and climb around on building like that, because you probubly wont have the kind of luck that i did.