Author Topic: User Profile Updating  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Corey Cedeno

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
User Profile Updating
« on: September 15, 2007, 07:45:31 PM »
Every time I try to edit my profile, I'm getting this error message:

JSMF CB Plugin error::Failed to synchronize user updates to SMF:: Username (Ghost.Man) does not exist in SMF or not able to retrieve userid ~~~ FROM::/home/apkadmin/public_html/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.class.php || updatemember || 1000

Help would be much appreciated.

Offline ghostinthebox

• Patas
  • A storm is coming...
    • View Profile
Re: User Profile Updating
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:20:41 AM »
has this been resolved for you?  i know i was trying to edit my profile (my avatar) saturday night, and whereas i didn't get any error message, it just didn't apply the changes after i uploaded or linked to an image.  now, all of a sudden, and without my having done anything differently, it's working fine.  so maybe the site was experiencing technical issues somewhere for a while, and it's been fixed now?  if not, what are you trying to modify, and i'll see if i can recreate the problem on my end, and see if it's anything i can help with.  but judging by the error message, it would seem like it was on the server side.
think like a child, yet move with purpose.

Offline Corey Cedeno

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 12:37:19 PM »
Nope.  Nothing.

Offline ghostinthebox

• Patas
  • A storm is coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 06:52:05 PM »
okay, so what area of your profile are you trying to modify?  i want to try to recreate the error on my end, and see if it's happening to anyone except you.  if it doesn't seem to happen with anyone else, maybe it's a setting that got changed on your pc that's causing things to mess up.
think like a child, yet move with purpose.