Author Topic: parkour Team UrbanLife  (Read 7499 times)

Offline chipset

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: parkour Team UrbanLife
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 07:46:10 PM »
Wow. The last week is really productive on grandious videos!
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift"
- The Prefontaine

Offline Scott

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 09:45:33 PM »
favorite moments
  1:33 wall run to muscle up.  nice! 
  2:30 nice jump to a tree branch underbar

overall,  I liked it alot.  like everyone said, speed was good, control could be improved.  Don't try to rush your progression, we want you around for a long time!  keep it up.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 02:46:37 AM »
Thank you scott, for the positive aspects of our video. We do appreciate it, and hopefully I can progress on MY weak points, In due time!
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline hardcoretraceur

• PRIVATE
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • a coeur vaillant rien d'impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 07:12:20 AM »
like the kong through the tree, and that tree underbar. there is definately good rail work that i think doesnt look unreasonable, i think it maybe that because it was shot at night the movement is a little more blurry. overall pretty good video, especially for the time you've been training.

drops require more than muscular strength, you have to condition your bones and joints to be ready for them as well. the only way you can do this is by progressing slowly. as long as you keep your training responsible you should be fine, i think that when training becomes a pissing contest and/or when people do things that they really dont feel ready for is when it gets out of hand.

a rule for the first year or so of training that i like is "if you cant jump onto it dont jump off of it"
a rule that i like to employ in almost all of my training is "dont do it if you wouldnt do it barefoot"
keep it free and true

Over
Under       OUTkrew is OUTgoing
Through

Offline willgrind747

• Patas
  • Calm like a Bomb
    • View Profile
    • OHIO Parkour
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 09:21:32 AM »
What Demon said.

That tree under bar was sick, good job. out of curiosity, why the massive (although impressive) speeds? I prefer to see them look effortless at blinding speed, than a monstrous dive into one. thats what kongs are for!  ;D

My 2 cents
""No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 09:29:19 AM »
I feel my body is really conditioned from gymnastics, breakdancing, wrestling. But I really like what you say about the whole, "if you cant jump up it, dont jump off it", deal. I actually imply that unknowingly! As for my speed, well that is just me; I am fast/ powerful at everything I do. In regards to the speed vaults well we just like to do them because I actually feel like I get over the obstacle faster with them in some cases! I honestly think your right about the bars being shot at night, im going to shoot it again in the day to see if it appears the same, I also believe that the compressing of the video distorts the images so it wont look natural and smooth!
"The only boundaries you have are the ones that are present with in the constraints of your mind" My quote!

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 12:02:45 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking that if it wasn't actually sped up, the camera may have dropped some frames when you captured it onto your computer. Or maybe the night thing could explain it too...

Offline naroz

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 12:36:18 PM »
Springy lil dude. Great speeds.
Being 'as good as you can get' means you never stop learning.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »
I am 5'6" 130 lbs. and I am very strong so I can pretty much throw myself all around. But I really would like to travel around the U.S. when I get good and Parkour with some of you (Demon, LeoNn, and anybody else). I appreciate the observation of the clips and the relization that the clips where in fact natural, its just the compression of the video and the light play a roll in the look of it! Thanks for all the suggestions and I sure will work on all of them, please if anybody else has anymore good suggestions then please feel free to let me know. Thanks again!

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 03:41:39 PM »
Where you from?
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline Rek

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 03:49:11 PM »
Hey CR,  Nice vid alot better than your last.  Love the proggression, and you got some great advice from the ppl of APK. 

DROP-  "My" philosophy of it, is if it makes you think 2x then .. you'd better be rolling.  A 12-15' drop.... Hmmm ya your gonna think 2x on that.  David belle may be able to do it, but if you were to go out with him on a run and you guys get up to a 15' drop, I promise you that he is going to instruct you to roll. ;D  Some ppl may be more conditioned than others when it comes to drops, but LOGICALLY over time if you keep doing 15' drops with no roll. . .  your knees are gonna tell ya "Thanks for caring, jerk"  :P Now i'm not saying your knees will talk to you....I've heard ppl mummer such things :-X.   Just saying they got their own way of letting you know if what your doing is good for you (body).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 03:51:04 PM by Rek »

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 04:16:58 PM »
I totally understand on the drops around the 12-15 ft range, I now believe that 10-12ft. should be the limit for myself. We all have our own limits; others may be better or worse, it's all about the individual. I just think that for injury sake why should I not roll it's only good for me in the end right! So for now on I am perfecting the roll. I have it pretty good I just need to implement upon it!

I work for the airport so I get free flights to where ever I want, so thats why I said I would love to go train with others across america!
To LeoNn: Tampa (Brandon), Florida

Offline Zuxzux

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 05:23:21 PM »
Really awesome video. It looks like you guys could really be some of the best if you work at it a lot. Somethin g looks wierd in that 1:20 clip though its not sped up./ the weird part for me is at the end when you muscle up the wall your legs just like freeze. Awesome stuff. Have you ever trained with anyone in Miami? My friends older cousin visits down there a lot and when he goes he trains with some guys from Miami.

Nice to see someone who isn't super negative about the criticism like a lot of people that post up videos.

Offline Zuxzux

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 05:32:16 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x98jCBnWO8w         (David belle, he doesnt roll through a majority of the video)

Actually I think he rolls in most of the drops in the video lol.

Offline toekneebullard

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • tonybullard.com
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2007, 08:08:25 PM »
I think the reason the other person commented on the 9 ft. kong thing is just the fact that you felt it necessary to label it and point it out to us. We can see it is big and its a good accomplishment, but pointing it out like that can appear a little pretentious or attention seeking to some people. Be proud of your accomplishments but stay humble at the same time. There is no shame in showing excitement about getting something new but the reason you accomplish it is for yourself, not for showing off to others.
This.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 08:38:15 AM »
We'll I take kindly to critisizm where others get on the defense mode. In regards to the video with david belle (:09, :26, 1:05, 1:10, 1:16, 3:26, 3:40, 3:46) all the times where I see drops over 10ft with no rolls. Anyway aside from that I have a quick question; when rolling should you roll from two feet or from a step out? I roll from two feet. I see a lot of the people from france do that as well, but in the instructional video they teach you to roll from a step out. Which one is more beneficial?

Offline Zuxzux

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007, 08:42:48 AM »
I've never really thought about it. I mean I'm usually focusing on making sure I roll over my shoulder so really my feet land however thy want.

In regards to the 9ft kong thing... well honestly I don't see a problem with it. I mean you usually make a video to kinda showcase your skills right? So if its something huge like a 9ft kong I don't really see the big deal in pointing it out. Its about 3.5 - 4" bigger  than anything I've konged.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2007, 10:59:48 AM »
Zux I really appreciate your comment on the 9ft kong thing. I am a very humble person. I placed 9ft on there because in my last video I could only kong like 4ft objects so going from 4ft to 9ft in 3 months is major progression in my book. But hey people get a little too picky sometimes! Everybody that knows me knows that I am the last person to bragg about anything; you can't please the world though. Does anybody else have any further insight on their approach to rolling with a step out approach or just the two feet method????

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2007, 12:05:07 PM »
i think most experienced people use a 2 foot landing into their roll with possibly a slight stagger to the feet. this is still a 2 foot landing though, its just that the foot on the same side as the shoulder you roll over is slightly forward.

a step out landing into roll could be used with very small drops. i wouldn't try to use this variation on anything higher than a few feet.

Offline Daniel Arroyo

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 01:49:51 PM »
That was the answer I was looking for; thanks a lot Demon I think I will work on the staggered stance because I am not too familiar with that method! Thanks again!