Author Topic: The Snaps Jar  (Read 94335 times)

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
The Snaps Jar
« on: September 09, 2007, 05:54:54 PM »
Okay, I would like for this to be stickied, if possible, but if not, that's cool too. :)

The purpose of this thread is basically to give "snaps" or "props" to anyone who has been helpful to you in the past. I know we have the Karma points function, but this is a way to also publicly acknowledge someone who has been helpful to you, and to give thanks.

Here are the rules:

(1) Give "Snaps" (aka props, kudos, etc.) to anyone, for anything, whenever the mood strikes you to show your appreciation.

(2) There is no limit to how many snaps you can give out in a post. If you want to give snaps to 50 people or one person, go for it.

(3) The only appropriate response to someone who's given you snaps is, "Thank you."

I guess I'll start:

Snaps to DigitalKid and the rest of FoF, Cheetah, Leon, "EmDeux," Levi, Jim and Demon from COPK, Saint7, LaurieJennifer, Ando & Cloud, and Carolynn for being such great inspirations to a newb, and for being such chivalrous "big brothers" at the COPK National Jam.

Snaps also to aggreenvln. Alex, you're the best. I'm not sure what else to say. <3
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Overdrive

• Patas
  • Wilmington, OH
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: The Snaps Jar
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 08:15:21 PM »
Snaps to Muse and Steve for the vast amounts of information posted on this forum for the sake of helping others. Snaps to Leon for being as nice, and humorous as you are. Snaps to Blarg for simply showing common views and interests at a time when that's all I needed. Snaps to Muhammad and Joseph, along with the other guys at OSUPK for being such gracious hosts at the jam. Snaps to Sat Santokh for your assistance with my shoe delima. Snaps to phishfi for your kindness and generosity.

+1 to all
Overdrive: 2. extra hard level of activity: a particularly intense and productive mode of activity, usually possible only for short periods

Offline ghostinthebox

• Patas
  • A storm is coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:14:23 PM »
fantastic idea, i've been thinking about this as well.  so...

snaps to muse for starting this thread, as well as for answering my questions about ballet, and for the articles on stretching she has been writing.  i'm sure anyone who applies the principles she speaks of will be better for it  =) .  oh, and also for her great 'hot lava' training idea!

snaps to muhammad for sharing the story and posting the pics about 'jungle jaina'

snaps to lauriejennifer for her math work with the 10,000 pull ups thread, and for always being so supportive of everyone.  that goes for everyone who i'll name here, as well as countless others, i'm sure

i think steve low deserves snaps for all his efforts to help others with their fitness goals, and for giving them sound advice to boot

snaps to sat and leon for just generally being cool

snaps also go out to freestylefox for the "i often wonder..." post

snaps to cloud, gearsighted, skynative, and jason@fiveten for their write-ups on pk shoes... actually, everyone involved with that thread...

and, finally, snaps to everyone who was involved with the making of the APK dvd tutorial material

think like a child, yet move with purpose.

Offline Skipper

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:54:25 PM »
Great Ill sticky it!

My snaps go to Muse for sweet ideas like this, Great and helpful posts, and hours and hours of reading material! I also wanna give some snaps to lauriejennifer for her entries in the skipper's swapouts game in the pics and vids section, along with leonn and levi for their entries as well.

More to come!

Offline hardcoretraceur

• PRIVATE
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • a coeur vaillant rien d'impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 02:33:50 AM »
more snaps to all participators in skipper's swapouts, good stuff there

snaps to steve for giving me new excercise ideas
keep it free and true

Over
Under       OUTkrew is OUTgoing
Through

Offline CardboardTube

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 05:27:58 AM »
Snaps To Steve Low for always giving good advice, and for occasionaly stepping in to keep me from doing something dumb in my training (MF article).  Snaps also to Muse for this thread.  There are too many boards out there where everyone just flames on each other, so it's really nice to see one where everyone cares about one another :)
Royal: He saved my life, you know. Thirty years ago. I was knifed at a bazaar in Calcutta, and he carried me to the hospital on his back.
Ari: Who stabbed you?
[Royal motions to Pagoda]
Royal: He did. There was a price on my head, and he was a hired assassin. Stuck me in the gut with a shiv.

Offline Zuxzux

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »
Snaps to your moms!

Hmm snaps to the whole APKk community. Snaps to the people I met at the COPK Jam.

Offline deltron3030

• Patas
  • l2p
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 09:21:49 PM »
snaps to me.  ;D

snaps too lik evryone
snaps to m2 for being a  badass gangster

Offline willgrind747

• Patas
  • Calm like a Bomb
    • View Profile
    • OHIO Parkour
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 04:30:58 PM »

snaps to m2 for being a  badass gangster

Snaps to everyone who ever taught a friend how to land correctly
Snaps to everyone who ever helped convince a parent into letting their kid do parkour
Snaps to everyone who didn't turn and run when the cops came, and tried to better the name of parkour
Snaps to everyone who's ever given a place to sleep to a complete stranger for a jam
Snaps to everyone who trains alone, because they have no one to train with
Snaps to M2 and the Tribe for inviting me into their family
Snaps to Leonn for being so damn sexy
""No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Overdrive

• Patas
  • Wilmington, OH
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 06:02:36 PM »
That was beautiful Will. :'(

And thank you
Overdrive: 2. extra hard level of activity: a particularly intense and productive mode of activity, usually possible only for short periods

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 07:37:11 PM »
Snaps to the internet for teaching me most of everything I know.

Snaps to whoever learns anything from me and applies it (and then helps other). Seriously, there are people who ask me questions.. and then ask them again.. and then never apply it.

Snaps to Primal Fitness (& Jesse, Mark, Will).

Snaps to MoF and Cheetaur for being uber-useful + everyone else in the gen fitness forum that answers questions regularly (sorry if I missed anyone :P).

Snaps to the Tribe (specially Demon & Skipper) for the three great national jams I've been to.

And finally, Snaps to Parkour.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Kasper

• Guenons
  • "I'd Hit That!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 07:41:53 PM »
snaps too everyone doing parkour for parkour
snaps to muse for the snaps forum
snaps to muhammad for making it possible for me to see the vid of the hamsters. lol.
snaps to David Belle

And snaps to anyone who gives me snaps! ;D
(insert witty comment)

Offline Andrei Semenov

• Patas
  • Can't beat the feelin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 03:20:56 PM »
snaps to my principal for not presenting any lame excuses and impossible barriers when I applied for a Parkour Club.
snaps to my English teacher for sponsoring my club
snaps to chicken noodle soup for making me feel amazing.

anti-snaps to virus's that made me miss BOSS jam and gym.

Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?”

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 07:15:30 PM »
Snaps to Skipper for stickying this.

Snaps to Steve for keeping me motivated, and for not letting me slack off. Your advice is always excellent, and I have learned so much from your experience! And thanks also for the handstand help. :)

Snaps to Cheetaur for encouraging me to massage my lesser trochanter. :P Seriously though, thanks for teaching me so much and helping me with advice on my bum grandma hip.

Snaps to Muhammed for helping me take life less seriously, and for being motivated by a genuine sincerity.

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Joey Marion

• Guenons
  • J'adore le parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 12:11:02 AM »
*control+f Joey*

snaps to everyone whose given snaps to anyone in this topic
www.ArizonaParkour.com  -Arizona Parkour Website in production

Join now =D

Moa

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 06:44:31 AM »
I got an idea that would be cool to expand this. Someone with technical skills (aka not me) should make or find an app that would be able to show snaps without running through this thread to see if you have been snapped. Like say you get snapped on your profile similar to karma, but you can check in your profile to see who snapped you and why, i think that would be cool ??? ;D.

Snaps to MoF for this thread
Snaps to Leon for the technoo studio
Snaps to M2 for standing up to pk.net for everytime they decide you screwed something up
Snaps to Demon for just being awesome
Snaps to the newbs who are gonna stop making videos for purposes other than getting lots of pointers (aHem)
Snaps to all the tribe and copk who i didnt mention so you dont feel left out
Snaps david belle for inventing parkour

Offline Laurie Jennifer

• is back! <3
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • The traceuse formerly known as "lauriejennifer"
    • View Profile
    • A Blog, for change of pace
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 07:22:41 PM »
In order of appearance...

Snaps to M2 for answering my initial, inquisitive (and lengthy) emails with such encouragement and sound advice.  Thanks for helping me start out on the right track and for not at all making me feel awkward or foolish for knowing so little.

Snaps to the SFPK guys for their hospitality and acceptance while I was out that way.

Snaps to Muse for being Muse.  In other words, for being friendly, intelligent, helpful, full of wisdom, humorous, etc., etc.

Snaps to LeoNn for being... LeoNn.  There are no other words.

Snaps to Steve Low for giving such thorough and incredibly helpful advice.  I never did get back to you, Steve, about my workout routine that I asked you to critique.  Needless to say, I applied many of your suggestions and have been very pleased with the results.  Thank you so much for your input!  Many times I've read posts of yours and it has saved me the trouble of having to ask questions I didn't even know I had.  "I'm a stronger person today because of you!"  (ha)

Snaps to Muhammad for being so friendly, encouraging, entertaining, and helpful.  These boards would definitely not be the same without your contributions.

Snaps to Cloud, Ando, and the other Aero guys for pulling that turn vault out of me, and for how incredibly much I was able to learn through one day of instruction and observation.  Besides, you guys are just a lot of fun.

Snaps to Frosti for his contagious confidence.  I watched him get guys to do stuff they didn't know they could do.  Sadly, I never did step up to the plate, but he made me want to train harder.

Snaps to Demon for his uncanny ability to so clearly both instruct and inspire such a wide number of traceurs he's never even met.  He contributes much to the Parkour community.

Snaps to Acewall and his rad films.  Highly entertaining.

Snaps to chipset, just because I think he's cool and deserves snaps.

Snaps to Skipper, Animus Light, Happydud, *Monkey*, and many others for the same reasons.

Queen of Puns

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 07:39:36 PM »
Thank you to everyone who gave me snaps. :) Made my day.

Snaps to HuoMake, for talking sense.

Snaps to Alex, for teaching me how to train, in terms of attitude and approach. You're a thousand times the artist I could ever hope to be.  :-*

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline HuoMaKe

• Patas
  • Be a Master of your Environment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 07:54:53 PM »
*sniff* I would like to accept this snap...and I want to thank me....for being cool....I'll pass it on, of course :)

Snaps to Muhammad for being awesome in the forums and giving everyone advice alla time!
Snaps to Skinny for being a great teacher whenever us MN traceurs get together!
Snaps to Moa, Muse, M2, Demon, Skippy, and more I'm sure for being active on the forums and also for giving loads of advice that everyone (I'm sure) is thankful for.
There is no "better," there is only "different." -Me

May the Flow be with you. -Beans

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 09:38:53 AM »
Woah there didn't even see this thread. EXCELLENT IDEA!!@#!

SNAPS to M2 for every single little thing he puts into the parkour community. I wouldn't know you all if it weren't for him.
SNAPS to all my fellow APK community members, you guys are my second family.

OK. Individual Snaps. I will write these all in a word doc and save, then continue it, then save, etc. because I have soo many snaps to give and I like to be personal.

I WILL REEDIT THIS ONE DAY!
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.