Author Topic: Workout  (Read 5265 times)

Kazi38

Workout
« on: September 08, 2007, 03:56:21 PM »
Does anyone have a specific workout plan like 25- Pull-ups 25 sit ups. Etc. If you could please post a comment telling me a good workout plan would really help and I would really appriciate it. Thanks a ton.

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
Re: Workout
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 05:45:29 PM »
Look for the WOD on the main page or check out the link in my sig which will help you build your own.
Posts NOT medical, training or nutrition advice
Site // Overcoming Gravity Book

Offline Blubbernaught

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 05:47:46 PM »
I don't have a specific workout plan, but if you go to the main page of APK and go to W.O.D. under the Fitness section of the menu.   That's always a good place to start.   I'm still working on just the warmup myself, for someone as out of shape as I am it's pretty much a full workout by itself.   

Offline Kazi38

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 05:53:18 PM »
Alright but thats kinda vauge I get the fitness thing and all on the home page but like a good 25 pull ups 25 sits 25 push ups like specifics. A good plan to get you in shape that improves core strength to do some of the movements more easier. So far I havent found one im to impressed with. I have read up on some of the W.O.D ones and it doesnt make to much sense. So could you possibly give specifics on a good workout plan?

Offline Andy Taber

• Guenons
  • Cogito, ergo sum.
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »
Something I do after every climbing session as my after-workout workout, but might be a good way to get into shape:

Pushups 25 millitary style (elbows go straight back)

10 pull-ups

5 leg lifts (hang on pull-up bar and lift STRAIGHT legs up above your hands)

25 fist pushups

10 pullups

6 rainbows (Legs straigt hanging from pull-up bar, create an arc from right to left with your legs, then go back from right to left)

25 diamond pushups

10 pullups

5 leg lifts

25 wide hands pushups

10 pullups

6 rainbows.

You can vary the number of each excersize depending on how much you can do. I've found this is a great way to keep everything worked pretty well as far as upper body is concerned. try to do this with only 1 minute rest between excersizes. If you wanted you could also add in squats too after the pushups, 30 would be a good number I think. Make sure you do some cardio before this so that you are warmed up.

Offline Kazi38

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »
Awsome Thats what im looking for

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 07:50:30 PM »
Um. Yeah.

You need goals before you should want a workout plan. Otherwise it's just working out for no reason at all.. which makes developing much, much slower.

Also, I don't see whats THAT bad about the APK WOD. They're generally tough enough for most people unless you already have a very good level of fitness.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:52:06 PM by Steve Low »

Offline Kazi38

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 07:54:40 PM »
I know what you mean. Its just that Making my own Workout plan like your link does is more what I am looking for. And thats what I used is your Link and yes it helped a lot. Thank you Steve Low for the Customize your Workout Plan Link

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »
I didn't even mean that. You shouldn't workout just for the sake of working out... that's all I'm saying (well, it would be better than doing nothing though :)). At least have some goal to work towards because it will go much faster.

Offline Kazi38

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 08:06:57 PM »
Oh I have a goal like right now im sarting at 25 push ups and hoping by the end of the month hitting 45 to 50 those are my goals kind of. Sorry if i mis read what you type'd. And liek you said At least its better than nothing. Right now im tryin to gain arm and upper body strength cause i have done track for 4 years now so my legs are in good top shape. But after an ankle injury im working on strengthening my ankles so i can get them back up to par. Would you have any recommended excersises for that cause all i know of is ankle rolls?

Offline Steve Low

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Eat, Move, Improve
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:13:19 PM »
You can do some good rehab work with therabands. Calf raises and anterior tibialis raises (with a weighted backpack on your foot sitting on a counter). There's other stuff.. search through some of the threads in the general fitness forum.

Offline Kazi38

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 06:20:11 AM »
Ok cause after I broke my ankle its been a struggle to get it up to par with my whole body and Ill do some of the stuff you recommended and I have been doing physical therapy for it for about 3 months now so its starting to improve

Offline Samuel96

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Bear hunter-3rd in command
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 05:41:04 PM »
Here's what I do

as many chinups as you can

as many pullups as you can

40 pushups (its ok if you have to do as many as you can then the rest, keep at the number until you can do them all same for next one.)

40 triangle pushups

200 jumpingjacks, when your good enough (:-()

20 ab muscle ups (hang upsidedown from a bar and touch your head to your knees then back down, slowly)

stretching

Offline chipset

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 06:59:44 PM »
A good plan for push-ups is to do them in the evening and morning. Do 25 (and 25 in the evening), then, next day do 26, then 27. If you will fail, very quickly get up and continue for as long as it takes to do that number of push-ups. It is kind of tedious and requires lots of dedication but I could do 55 push-ups per minute so see for yourself :)

I'm trying to adapt this for bar-dips and see if it works.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift"
- The Prefontaine

Offline naroz

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 09:41:36 PM »
grease the hell outta that groove, chipset. I like climbatize's workout. i'm gonna try those rainbow suckers out.
Being 'as good as you can get' means you never stop learning.