Author Topic: Group in cheyenne  (Read 11079 times)

Offline Terdai13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • only those who try succeed.
    • View Profile
Group in cheyenne
« on: September 01, 2007, 06:34:43 PM »
Hey Terdai here, i just wanted to let anyone who lives in cheyenne that there  is a small group that practices in cheyenne, if you want to join message me or join the wyoming parkour myspace at myspace.com/wyo_parkour  uh other than that just hope to see more activityl in wyoming  ;D
"Effort within the mind further limits the mind, because effort implies struggle towards a goal and when you have a goal, a purpose, an end in view, you have placed a limit on the mind".
Bruce Lee

Offline Wyo Daniel

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Wyoming Parkour
Re: Group in cheyenne
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 08:04:17 PM »
Personally, I'd describe it as much more of a freerunning group...
Front leaning rest position, move. In cadence!

Offline Wyo Daniel

• Guenons
    • View Profile
    • Wyoming Parkour
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:26:46 AM »
I'm basing this on the fact that I "jammed" with your group, and I watched your first video and your second video.

Bearing that in mind, here's a great quote from David Belle :

"Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach: and this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. You have to make the difference between what is useful and what is not in emergency situations. Then you'll know what is parkour and what is not. So if you do acrobatics things on the street with no other goal than showing off, please don't say it's parkour. Acrobatics existed long time ago before parkour."
Front leaning rest position, move. In cadence!

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile

Offline Terdai13

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • only those who try succeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 01:39:33 PM »
Personally, I'd describe it as much more of a freerunning group...
I'm basing this on the fact that I "jammed" with your group, and I watched your first video and your second video.

Bearing that in mind, here's a great quote from David Belle :

"Understand that this art has been created by few soldiers in Vietnam to escape or reach: and this is the spirit I'd like parkour to keep. You have to make the difference between what is useful and what is not in emergency situations. Then you'll know what is parkour and what is not. So if you do acrobatics things on the street with no other goal than showing off, please don't say it's parkour. Acrobatics existed long time ago before parkour."

ok question, since i have never seen you, i have no idea who you are, but im thinking that you are the purist guy that wasnt doinging anything, ( this is waht i have been told)  and i would say that parkour is free running as free running is parkour, the only difference is flourishes, and since good obsticals are not exaclty abundanat in wyoming, i would say yes, right now thats what we are, and thanks for teh video   Muhammad  it proves my point basically, there arent different types, just differnet uses
"Effort within the mind further limits the mind, because effort implies struggle towards a goal and when you have a goal, a purpose, an end in view, you have placed a limit on the mind".
Bruce Lee