Author Topic: s on his own timeframe, similar to Tee  (Read 154 times)

Offline lebaobei123

• Guenons
    • View Profile
s on his own timeframe, similar to Tee
« on: January 02, 2019, 05:16:54 PM »
NEW YORK -- Jonathan Martin spent nearly seven hours going into "great detail" with the NFL counsel investigating his claims of his harassment in the Miami Dolphins locker room. What came up in their talks, he isnt saying for now. He would say this: He still wants to play in the NFL. Martin -- in town because the league is trying to gather information about the bullying he says he was subjected to by teammate Richie Incognito -- arrived at the Manhattan office building of special investigator Ted Wells on Friday morning, and didnt emerge until shortly after sunset. Mobbed by media, he stood in the camera lights and read a statement. "Although I went into great detail with Mr. Ted Wells and his team, I do not intend to discuss this matter publicly at this time," Martin said. "This is the right way to handle the situation. "Beyond that, I look forward to working through the process and resuming my career in the National Football League." After that, he and attorney David Cornwell went back into the building, later leaving via a side exit. The crowd outside the building drew attention from office workers and tourists all day. Some even stopped to watch and wait, and most seemed familiar with Martins story. Even Miami-based hip-hop artist Rick Ross came by. His record label is located in the building across the street. Incognito has acknowledged leaving a voicemail for Martin in April in which he used a racial slur, threatened to kill his teammate and threatened to slap Martins mother. Incognito has said he regrets the racist and profane language, but said it stemmed from a culture of locker-room "brotherhood," not bullying. Incognito is white and Martin is black. Teammates, both black and white, have said Incognito is not a racist, and theyve been more supportive of the veteran guard than they have of Martin. Incognito has been suspended by the Dolphins. He filed a grievance Thursday against the team over his suspension, and has said his conduct was part of the normal locker-room environment. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross also plans to meet with Martin, who said Friday that he will indeed get together with the Dolphins front office. On Monday, Ross said two committees would examine the locker-room culture. Players have been virtually unanimous in saying it doesnt need to be changed. At Dolphins practice Friday, long snapper John Denney, the teams players union representative, was asked about problems. "I cant say I saw it firsthand because Im not an offensive lineman, and Im not in their offensive line room. I can tell you from my perspective, and having been in this locker room, I never saw it coming," he said. "I can say that. It was a surprise to me. There did not seem to be an increase in behavioural problems. Its been the same here my entire career." Coach Joe Philbin also talked to reporters but kept his focus on football. "I believe in the guys we have in the locker room," he said. "I believed in them before this all took place, before all this scrutiny came upon us. "And I believe in them today." While Martin was in New York, and long before he spoke, Incognitos grievance was a talking point in the locker room some 1,300 miles away. "Hes got to do what hes got to do. Im never going to tell somebody how to run their life," wide receiver Mike Wallace said. "You got to get your money, man. I dont really have too much to say about it." Martin alleges he was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito, and the case has raised questions about job security for Philbin, his assistants and general manager Jeff Ireland. Philbin won a vote of confidence this week from Ross, but that could change depending on the findings of Wells, who was brought into the situation last week. Wells is expected in Miami next week to talk with Dolphins players, coaches and staff. Wells will determine the role of Philbin, his staff and Miami management in the case, and his report will be made public. One issue is whether anyone on the coaching staff ordered Incognito to "toughen up" Martin, a second-year tackle from Stanford who became a starter as a rookie but played poorly at times. Martin left the team two weeks ago and has been with family in California undergoing counselling for emotional issues. Centre Mike Pouncey missed practice Friday because of an illness and is listed as questionable for Sundays game against San Diego, raising the possibility the Dolphins will be without a third starting offensive lineman. The case inspired a national debate about workplace bullying and attracted a daily throng of 100 media members or more at the Dolphins complex. In Manhattan, both CNN and Fox News Channel were on hand outside the meeting. The Dolphins (4-5) have slumped after a 3-0 start, and on Sunday they play at home for the first time since the scandal broke. "All we have to do," defensive end Cameron Wake said, "is concentrate on playing the game on Sunday." Fred Biletnikoff Jersey . Which is to say, the top of this years draft class is not as dynamic or exciting as the 2013 class of Nate MacKinnon, Sasha Barkov, Jonathan Drouin and Seth Jones and its not as strikingly promising as the highly-anticipated 2015 slate of Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel and Noah Hanifin. Lester Hayes Jersey . So what happens? Stevenson lands a huge left to Dawsons temple only 76 seconds into the opening round and walks away with the championship belt. "I said Id knock him out," said Stevenson (21-1). http://www.officialoaklandraidersfootball.com/authentic-kyle-wilber-jersey-womens. Replay backed him up. Adeiny Hechavarria immediately followed the ruling with a go-ahead sacrifice fly for the Miami Marlins, who held on to beat the Seattle Mariners 3-2 on Sunday completing a three-game sweep. Justin Ellis Jersey . Millsap will miss Wednesday nights game against the Chicago Bulls. The Hawks say Millsap also will be held out on Thursday at Boston. Charles Woodson Jersey . At quarterback, all agree that Andy Dalton has been a wonderful surprise, but to truly progress he has to play his best in the playoffs. The two losses in the wildcard rounds keep the evaluation on Dalton open -- just like it did for Peyton Manning many years ago and Matt Ryan until last year.With the NHL Draft coming up on June 27 and free agency opening on July 1, discussions between NHL general managers are heating up towards a busy off-season. Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle. LeBrun says one source believes Torontos interest is "serious." The Detroit Red Wings and New York Rangers are also interested in the services of the 37-year-old. LeBrun says the New York Islanders still remain an option with the Montreal Canadiens likely out of the running after re-signing Andrei Markov. TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported on the following issues: Patience is a Virtue Minnesota Wild forward Dany Heatley and former Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ryan Malone may have to be patient in free agency according to Dreger. Dreger says their willingness to take one-year contracts will draw attention from more teams. The Lightning used their second compliance buyout on Malone on Wednesday while Heatley will become an unrestricted free-agent on July 1. Draft Talk Conversation regarding the Florida Panthers first overall pick should heat up Thursday ahead of Fridays NHL Entry Draft. If offers for the top pick dont improve, Florida intends to hold on to it. Canucks Complex Dealings The Vancouver Canucks are still trying to trade Ryan Kesler but this is a complicated negotiation. Its believed Kesler has identified just two teams in the Chicago Blackhawks and Anaheim Ducks. That puts rookie general manager Jim Benning and the management of the Canucks in a tough spot because theyre just negiotioation with the two teams. Maybe its possible that the Canucks try to pull in their horns in an effort to encourage Kelser to expand his list. Blackhawks Hope to Keep the Band Together GM Stan Bowman and the Chicago Blackhawks are very eager to make sure the star component remains intact for a lengthy period of time. Were talking about how the new CBA is going to impact the superstar model of player and certainly Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toewws qualify as such.dddddddddddd No longer is it allowed to frontload and go with that 10, 12 or 15-year mega-deal. Now we know its a maximum of eight years so its not inconceivable that, as long as the salary cap climbs to around $75 million in 2016 that Kane and Toews could come in around $11-12 million each. Iginla and Alfredsson Drawn Together Jarome Iginla and Daniel Alfredsson could have an impact on each others future, depending on whether they both get what they want, which is to sign where they played last year. Iginla wants to stay with the Boston Bruins and theres talk theyre negotiating on both a two-year deal and perhaps a one-year deal maybe very similar to the contract he signed with the Bruins last year with a cap hit of $1.8 million with a bonus structure that deeply impacted the Bruins. If they cant get a deal done in Boston, then the Detroit Red Wings are among the teams that are keenly interested in Iginla as well. The Red Wings also have interest in Alfredsson, who is believed to be coming back but he hasnt made it 100 per cent certain yet. He works on his own timeframe, similar to Teemu Selanne but Im also told hes willing to be flexible. ----------------------------------------- Shopping Around Despite a good conversation between the team and his agent, Paul Stastny plans to test the free-agent market before making a decision on his future. Adrian Dater of the Denver Post spoke with Avalanche executive vice president of hockey operations Joe Sakic, who said Stastny wants to field offers before seeing if his current team will match the amounts.  Dater also reports Sakic saying that he isnt put off by Stastnys plan to field offers because hes earned the right to be in that position. Vinny On The Move? Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Flyers general manager Ron Hextall might be willing to move veteran forward Vincent Lecavalier if he agrees to waive his no-trade clause.   In the report, Hextall is quoted as saying hes spoken to Lecavaliers agent but would not elaborate further.  Carchidis story also talks about Flyers draft prospects and the players they are looking at selecting in the upcoming NHL Draft. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '