Author Topic: David Belle was born in April, 1973  (Read 5894 times)

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
David Belle was born in April, 1973
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »
That makes him the same age as me, so if he were to post in our forum, he would be obliged to put it here in this section of the forum devoted to those traceurs over 30.

Offline Gus

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: David Belle was born in April, 1973
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:50:29 AM »
True about the birthday, but there is a difference.

David Belle was already doing serious training that could have been considered the pupa stages of Parkour way before he hit 30 where as people like me didnt get started (heck, even know about parkour) until I was in my 30's.  The absence of that training is significant.  However, it is quite motivating that David Belle is still training.  But whether David Belle quits or not.....

train on

Offline Rilkedogg

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 07:43:39 PM »
Bottom line: David Belle is an inspiration to most of us. I think that his age only makes it more meaningful: it says a lot about his discipline and awareness of himself. It's really easy to be the phenom in a sport when young. But to  keep going knowing that at some point, skills might decrease, that's a different story. That's where character comes in: you keep doing it as long as you are passionate about it. Other Bottom Line: I agree with Muhammad: out of line. One: a forum like this is not the place to flame people. Two: if it weren't for Belle, this forum probably wouldn't be here.

Jaycee123

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 11:04:08 AM »
True about the birthday, but there is a difference.

David Belle was already doing serious training that could have been considered the pupa stages of Parkour way before he hit 30 where as people like me didnt get started (heck, even know about parkour) until I was in my 30's.  The absence of that training is significant.  However, it is quite motivating that David Belle is still training.  But whether David Belle quits or not.....

train on

Its truly inspirational that u guys still train at your ages i hope i strive to train till im dead lmao, the guys from Renzhe are in theri thirties too most of them are Justice, Rice, Rob...

Offline no limits

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 11:43:29 AM »
I don't think David can quit, I really don't think anyone can, the idea behind parkour will be with me always, quick, efficant, and with the least effort.  I do respect him fully to see how active he is at his current age, I do however grieve, because time is the only thing that can slow him down.