Author Topic: Parkour Armor?  (Read 13874 times)

Offline Aperion89

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Parkour Armor?
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 11:14:03 PM »
I heard about this stuff I would want like an undershirt and longjohns made of the stuff and just wear it under my clothing
but I agree its still not going to save your stupid ass if you decide to throw yourself off a building but its good to have if it can stop those injuries that occur because of something outside your power.
"Please stand by"

Offline Aperion89

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 11:15:20 PM »
"Please stand by"

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 11:39:34 PM »
This stuff reminds me of cornstarch.. If you take a box of cornstarch and pour it in a bowl, and then mix enough water in to make a thick liquid, it reacts just like the d3o. You can plunge your hand in and stir it around, but if you punch it with force, it instantly turns hard and won't even splash. You can even scoop up a handful of the liquid and quickly roll it into a ball, and as soon as you stop rolling it between your palms, it melts right back into liquid and runs out of your hand. Those people in the d30 labs must have been analyzing cornstarch when they came up with this idea.

Offline ddr_hero

• Guenons
  • HERF DERF
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 01:10:43 AM »
i want a slab of this for my tactical vest's rear armor pouch. seeing as i won't be shot at any time soon, may as well put the pocket to good use.
I SURE CAN'T WAIT TO POST ON THE INTERNETS!

Offline Muhammad

• Hirundo Rustica
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 02:29:21 AM »
Insha-Allah (God willing) you won't be shot at any time soon!

Offline Cyro

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace (Where I keep myself accountable)
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 06:54:28 AM »
Call me Chickens*** but a full suit of this would be completely prerequisite to me getting a motorcycle. Hell, this would even be great for Bicycling/Mountain Biking. My father and another friend of the family long ago both got messed up hardcore on motorcycle accidents (one got severe nerve and sizable brain damage, the other lost a leg) and I've screwed myself up in a few bike wrecks, so this would give me that safety margin I need.

As for Parkour? I'll take it if I can get it. If not no harm done. It's like having better shoes: If you got them, Bonus. If not, any shoe will do.

Offline Kasper

• Guenons
  • "I'd Hit That!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 07:06:17 PM »
yea, why wouldn't you just wear it.. like say a pair of wrist guards and a pair of shinguards. not to make you better, but to help you when you mess up just a little
(insert witty comment)

Offline Jus7in

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 03:33:36 PM »
Yeah, I don't see why you guys are against this. I see it as a great oppurunity for Parkour. LIke Mark said some things just happen as an accident and they don't have to be serious injuries. Maybe you have a bony back and the shirt with just create a smoother roll for you. Or maybe you have a problem with hitting your elbows on cat leaps. These can all be fixed just with a layer of this stuff.
W.W.O.D. - What Would Oleg Do

Offline Josh Klute

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "Live outside the box"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 07:02:38 PM »
I think that the d3o lab is also working on a gel with the same characteristics as the solid.  Armor gel...... the possibilities are endless  ;)
“All around you people will be tip-toeing through life, just to arrive at death safely.  But dear children, do not tiptoe.  Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.”

Offline Cyro

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace (Where I keep myself accountable)
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 07:42:45 PM »
Hair everywhere will be stiff on impact!

I don't know how that would work though, seriously. Rub it onto the knees and shins of your pants? Dunk your winter Parkour shirt into a bunch of it?

Other odd idea..... If I have a segment of this stuff in the back, or even on the elbow or such, and I make a quick twisting or flexing motion, might I find myself stopping short if I hit the Terminal Sheer force, or what have you, that sets it off?

Offline kage

• Patas
  • "free your mind"
    • View Profile
    • Kage's Myspace
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 10:42:19 PM »
if you see some idiot trying to save people... and dressed like batman... its not me
Boy : Do not try and bend the spoon...that's impossible...Instead,only try to realize the truth...
Neo : What truth?
Boy : There is no spoon.
Neo : There is no spoon?
Boy : Then you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Offline fatalistx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2007, 05:53:47 PM »
interesting.

Offline Kasper

• Guenons
  • "I'd Hit That!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 10:44:19 PM »